Just got this z10 seven days ago, updated OS using autoloader (10.1.0.2354) right away and I'm finding the battery to be a bit short (doesn't last over 6 hrs with moderate usage)
    After swapping batteries, I think it may be a defective phone.
    I got this device from BLACKBERRY C directly, does anyone know if the warranty still applies? And should I call BLACKBERRY C to ask for it??

Thanks! =D
    07-01-13 07:03 PM
    Have you tried any other OS's? I'm getting amazing battery life with 10.2.0.93. That being said, warranty shouldn't be affected by what OS is on your phone. For all they know, you put a SIM card from a certain carrier in and that's what you downloaded.
    07-01-13 07:07 PM
    How long ago did you put in the new OS? My battery life was horrible when I used a leak but someone on this forum told me to wait a day or two and sure enough it improved dramatically. Now I have more battery life than I started with.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:31 PM
    How long ago did you put in the new OS? My battery life was horrible when I used a leak but someone on this forum told me to wait a day or two and sure enough it improved dramatically. Now I have more battery life than I started with.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say more than a couple of days. I don't like to spend too much time with this leaked o's thing...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:13 PM
    Have you tried any other OS's? I'm getting amazing battery life with 10.2.0.93. That being said, warranty shouldn't be affected by what OS is on your phone. For all they know, you put a SIM card from a certain carrier in and that's what you downloaded.
    Well it's not really doing it for me. After I setup and try security swipe, the screen freezes. Tired of trying this procedure...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:14 PM
    Well it's not really doing it for me. After I setup and try security swipe, the screen freezes. Tired of trying this procedure...

Posted via CB10
    Just don't do the security wipe.
    07-01-13 08:15 PM
    But could this be a potential issue to run on my z10?? Since others' are fine
    Just don't do the security wipe.
    07-01-13 08:17 PM
    Nope, mine got stuck in the loop for what seemed like forever. Then it just booted, but I've talked to others that just didn't do the wipe.
    07-01-13 08:18 PM
    When I returned my ATT Z10 for another, ATT asked me what OS system I was running. They told me the phone had to be running the official OS. My next issue was trying to return my Z10 to it's original ATT OS with that horrible BB Link...A true nightmare. Maybe other carriers have different rules
    07-01-13 08:25 PM
    When I returned my ATT Z10 for another, ATT asked me what OS system I was running. They told me the phone had to be running the official OS. My next issue was trying to return my Z10 to it's original ATT OS with that horrible BB Link...A true nightmare. Maybe other carriers have different rules
    I returned a Z10 to Rogers running a Beta OS with no problems. Also, in the past returned a 9900 running an OS from China Telecom. LOL Must be an AT&T thing.
    07-01-13 08:34 PM
    Actually my only concern is if Blackberry EPP have the exchange policy = =
    I returned a Z10 to Rogers running a Beta OS with no problems. Also, in the past returned a 9900 running an OS from China Telecom. LOL Must be an AT&T thing.
    07-02-13 10:18 PM
    When I returned my 9900 a few years back, I was also reminded that the device NEEDED to have the ATT official OS ! Yep, it must be an ATT thing. Matter of fact when I was transferred to the ATT " higher level technical help" they made me go into my device settings and read them which OS version I had! Sort of a quiz..LOL
    07-03-13 12:16 AM
    2354 seems best with radio 1881...simply autoload over os. It's non destructive so no backup or restore. I did it on my Verizon Z10. Good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:34 AM
    Yeah. BlackBerry Link is a travesty. Funny thing. I was wondering if maybe BlackBerry Link ran poorly only on my PC (its basically unusable - - it gets stuck just switching between my music and pictures folders for minutes at at time).

I later did a screen share with my buddy using Google Hangouts (he just got a Q10 from work). The first thing I saw when he shared his screen was a frozen BlackBerry Link. It didn't unfreeze for our entire 45 minute meeting. Just horrible.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:11 AM
    2354 seems best with radio 1881...simply autoload over os. It's non destructive so no backup or restore. I did it on my Verizon Z10. Good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Yep that's my o's currently. Did you perform a scrutiny wipe?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 12:09 PM