Hi everyone,

I have sold my z10 on ebay as I bought the z30 and am currently in the process of doing a security wipe, which seems to be taking years.

Anyway I had 1055 leak os on it, and am wondering if the security will also downgrade the os to latest official os? if not, can somebody tell me how to downgrade? as I want to send to the buyer with the os that should be on it, and if he chooses to do so, can load 10.2.1 onto it himself.

Thanks in advance!
    01-02-14 04:07 PM
    I do not believe it does, I think it just deletes all your files and everything, and resets the settings back to default.

Plug the phone in to the link and you can set it back to the latest official OS from there

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 04:11 PM
    I do not believe it does, I think it just deletes all your files and everything, and resets the settings back to default.

Plug the phone in to the link and you can set it back to the latest official OS from there

Posted via CB10
    many thanks! yes you are right!! am gonna try and downgrade through link now.

i know this is a paranoid question,

but whilst downgrading, theres no way link will sync any of my photos or files onto the z10 ???? I want to leave the setuip process for the buyer so the phone is as 'brand new' as possible. but dont want him to find any of my pictuyres in the pictures library///
    01-02-14 04:17 PM
    When you do a wipe, it will deletea
    Any connection with your link. So don't worry

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-02-14 04:19 PM
    When you do a wipe, it will deletea
    Any connection with your link. So don't worry

yes but the process of actually connecting the z10 to the pc.. opening link, downgrading to the latest os... wont sync any of my files inadvertently?
    01-02-14 04:20 PM
    ok it seems im not going to be able to leave it on the setup screen. will have to downgrade to a 10.2 leak, then using wifi, upgrade to the latest os.. and delete my wifi, and also know for sure i dont have any media left on it.

The guy will have to figure out how to use the phone himself, although i will send him a message when ive sent the phone also tellinh him to click on the setup app and learn the phone that way.
    01-02-14 04:30 PM
    You do can lol, when you update to the official one it will be in the setup

01-02-14 04:42 PM
    What I did to revert to the latest valid os was to load an old leak then wipe it which cleared all my data and upgraded it to the latest valid version in one hit

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    01-02-14 05:06 PM
    Doing that now.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 05:54 PM