Any news regarding Chinese wording input?
    12-18-12 03:10 AM
    Does Bb10 support chinese wording input?-img_00000055.jpg

it ts ready for Pinyin. Dont worry about that

source : [BlackBerry 10] Chinese pinyin input is ready on BB 10 Dev Alpha B ~
    jerryeight, Masahiro and aha like this.
    12-18-12 08:19 AM
    Whoa. Nice. What about Japanese?
    12-18-12 01:27 PM
    what i really want is a handwriting app like
    scut g pen for android.
    Been waiting for almost a year now for my playbook.
    Hope this will come with the launch of BB10
    12-22-12 03:05 AM
    oh sick!! that looks awesome. Chinese just on top of the letters as well! What about Korean?
    12-22-12 06:48 AM
    Right now they have I think 3 languages to support it. More will come.
    12-22-12 12:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000055.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	128827

very nice. looks like it supports vietnamese input too. thanks.
    12-22-12 05:40 PM

Name:	IMG_00000055.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	128827

I too am looking for handwriting input (like as it is available in iOS), but particularly in Traditional Chinese still widely used, but often at risk of being left out (for people in HK, Taiwan, Macau and many overseas Chinese). The Chinese you are referring to is Simplified Chinese, which is a watered down, functional (not true to character) writing (which many do detest). I have to say that Traditional Chinese writing should be the main Chinese way of communication, and Simplified Chinese secondary.
    12-24-12 03:36 AM
    There are lots of languages in the world supporting in Blackberry 10. We don't have to worry about this. RIM makes BB10 globally. So, you don't have to worry about it
    12-24-12 03:52 AM
    There are lots of languages in the world supporting in Blackberry 10. We don't have to worry about this. RIM makes BB10 globally. So, you don't have to worry about it
    let's hope RIM will cascade these language supports to the PlayBook too.
    8lackberry8 likes this.
    12-24-12 10:21 PM
    Well, once they bring BB10 over to PlayBook, all languages supported by BB10 will go onto the PlayBook...
    12-25-12 12:57 AM
    You do know that simplified version is one that's been taught at many Mandarin classes overseas, right? AFAIK, PRC government also encourage the usage of Simplified Chinese. Having said that, sorry, Simplified Chinese will be the primary and Traditional Chinese the secondary.

I too am looking for handwriting input (like as it is available in iOS), but particularly in Traditional Chinese still widely used, but often at risk of being left out (for people in HK, Taiwan, Macau and many overseas Chinese). The Chinese you are referring to is Simplified Chinese, which is a watered down, functional (not true to character) writing (which many do detest). I have to say that Traditional Chinese writing should be the main Chinese way of communication, and Simplified Chinese secondary.
    Last edited by avidberry; 12-28-12 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typo
    12-27-12 07:06 PM
    Actually it's quite the opposite. Many immigrants here in Canada read newspapers that are in Traditional Chinese, and by preference, want to read and write it that way. Of course, there are people who come from places that taught them to write their own versions of Chinese, but truth is, Traditional Chinese always comes back as the default mode of writing because it feels more complete. Regardless of what PRC government says, or what's been taught overseas (I for one was one of those students) it's the emotional attachment that drives people to Traditional Chinese.

Sorry, Traditional Chinese, the embodiment of character and spirit of Chinese writing and once disregarded in favour of practicality, is on the rise again. Ask any expert on writing, and they will tell you that Simplified Chinese, is (sorry to say this) a butchered version of Traditional Chinese.

We can use Simplified for practicality, but really the core reason Traditional Chinese still exists is because it embodies Chinese culture (think calligraphy) and the emotional attachment to 1000+ years of development of Chinese writing.
    EWY, iOsiris and siausin like this.
    12-28-12 05:26 AM
    cuong205a could you take a snap shot of the keyboad when typing Vietnamese? thanks.
    12-28-12 08:26 AM
    You do know that simplified version is one that's been taught at many Mandarin classes overseas, right? AFAIK, PRC government also encourage the usage of Traditional Chinese. Having said that, sorry, Simplified Chinese will be the primary and Traditional Chinese the secondary.
    Actually it's quite the opposite. Many immigrants here in Canada read newspapers that are in Traditional Chinese, and by preference, want to read and write it that way. Of course, there are people who come from places that taught them to write their own versions of Chinese, but truth is, Traditional Chinese always comes back as the default mode of writing because it feels more complete. Regardless of what PRC government says, or what's been taught overseas (I for one was one of those students) it's the emotional attachment that drives people to Traditional Chinese.

Sorry, Traditional Chinese, the embodiment of character and spirit of Chinese writing and once disregarded in favour of practicality, is on the rise again. Ask any expert on writing, and they will tell you that Simplified Chinese, is (sorry to say this) a butchered version of Traditional Chinese.

We can use Simplified for practicality, but really the core reason Traditional Chinese still exists is because it embodies Chinese culture (think calligraphy) and the emotional attachment to 1000+ years of development of Chinese writing.
    Let's NOT to make this thread about Simplified Chinese vs Traditional Chinese, shall we? I use Simplified Chinese but I think it's equally important to have traditional Chinese support.
    gng11 likes this.
    12-28-12 04:30 PM
    Doesn't matter if they make it globally. Right now language support is carrier specific. For instance Telus doesn't support Japanese on the Bold 9900 but Rogers does. So this is a big worry if the languages are going to be attached to carrier specific firmware.
    01-24-13 06:56 PM
    what i really want is a handwriting app like
    scut g pen for android.
    Been waiting for almost a year now for my playbook.
    Hope this will come with the launch of BB10
    I have a Playbook and still waiting for something like an app like Scut G Pen to work on it. I currently have a Nexus 4 with the Scut G Pen app and it works like a charm. I want a BB but unless the new BB supports Chinese handwriting, I’ll give it a pass. BB needs to do something unique to win back the customers. Having Chinese handwriting support is not even unique, iPhone and Androids phones could do this without any issue.
    gng11 likes this.
    01-30-13 12:41 PM
    So, if anyone has the hold to the Z10, I would appreciate if he/she can get the capture of

Japanese
    Korean
    Vietnamese

For now, let's just first look for a normal soft keyboard. The hand writing stuff,,,, let's get to it once we know there is first a keyboard input:-)
    01-31-13 02:15 PM
    For now there is no japanese on Z10 (at least on my phone which is carrier free) but I have chinese...
    02-06-13 04:04 AM
    Nopes could not find hand writings features
    02-06-13 05:49 AM
    Nopes could not find hand writings features
    So you mean you have a z10 and didn't find any handwriting feature? If so, Crackberry Kevin, if you're reading this, can you please tell the folks at Blackberry: we need handwriting input!!
    02-09-13 03:20 AM
    It's not currently in the Z10 but I can definitely see it's coming...

Does Bb10 support chinese wording input?-img_00000001.jpgDoes Bb10 support chinese wording input?-img_00000003.jpg
    gng11 and jerryeight like this.
    02-09-13 07:23 PM
    It's not currently in the Z10 but I can definitely see it's coming...

Name:	IMG_00000001.jpg 
Views:	906 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	135025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000003.jpg 
Views:	923 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	135026
    Whoa where'd you find that?Thanks!! Relieved to see this.
    jerryeight likes this.
    02-09-13 09:01 PM
    I got the screenshots from the Dev Alpha OS.
    gng11 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:43 PM
    So, if anyone has the hold to the Z10, I would appreciate if he/she can get the capture of

Japanese
    Korean
    Vietnamese

For now, let's just first look for a normal soft keyboard. The hand writing stuff,,,, let's get to it once we know there is first a keyboard input:-)
    it does have Vietnamese but not Korean or Japanese
    02-09-13 10:18 PM
60 123