Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Man United 4life!!!!
    07-19-14 03:08 AM
    Thanks all...I went back to BlackBerry Link and did a settings update. having done this I was then able to retrieve my passwords from my last back up to Link. This tells me that every time I put in a few passwords then I should connect to Link and do an updated backup/ settings backup if it allows same. Lesson learnt.

Man United 4life!!!!
    Glad you're sorted out for now. But just so you'll know...

You can (and should!) back up the database. I do so anytime I make any changes or add new passwords. In PW keeper, swipe down from the top and tap settings. Scroll down, and tap Export Passwords. You can export it in an encrypted file that only a BlackBerry can access, with a password, or a an open CSV file. You'll then be presented with the File Manager to decide where you want to save it. (As Schirir noted above, it's not a great idea to save it to device storage, in case of loss of device, or a wipe. I store mine on the mSD card, then copy it to Dropbox so it's available to all my devices.)

Don't be put off. This is easier and quicker to do than to explain. I'd suggest you do so now, so you're not relying on a Link restore in case of a problem again.
    Are you talking about Password Keeper, the BB app, or some 3rd party app?

Password Keeper - I recall that there was an initial way to retrieving them when the z10 is first setup. Using Protect or some such.

Hmm, isn't there now a way to Export/Import them but you'd need a version somewhere.
    07-19-14 07:58 AM
    I have the same problem and the answer is no.
    I did utilize the backup feature too on the latest version of Password Keeper but I saved them to the device! Big mistake. I should have backed them up on the media card.

BE SURE TO BACKUP ON THE MEDIA CARD, NOT A FOLDER ON THE DEVICE. (not sure why that is even an option??)

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 08:13 AM
    Thanks all...I went back to BlackBerry Link and did a settings update. having done this I was then able to retrieve my passwords from my last back up to Link. This tells me that every time I put in a few passwords then I should connect to Link and do an updated backup/ settings backup if it allows same. Lesson learnt.

Man United 4life!!!!
    07-19-14 12:53 PM

Man United 4life!!!!
    Glad you're sorted out for now. But just so you'll know...

You can (and should!) back up the database. I do so anytime I make any changes or add new passwords. In PW keeper, swipe down from the top and tap settings. Scroll down, and tap Export Passwords. You can export it in an encrypted file that only a BlackBerry can access, with a password, or a an open CSV file. You'll then be presented with the File Manager to decide where you want to save it. (As Schirir noted above, it's not a great idea to save it to device storage, in case of loss of device, or a wipe. I store mine on the mSD card, then copy it to Dropbox so it's available to all my devices.)

Don't be put off. This is easier and quicker to do than to explain. I'd suggest you do so now, so you're not relying on a Link restore in case of a problem again.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 09-21-14 at 04:19 PM.
    07-19-14 06:31 PM
    Awesome Ellesar. Will do....i agree that this is better. Thank you.

Man United 4life!!!!
    07-20-14 10:17 PM