This is going to sound very out there, but it's something I want to try.

I want to put poster putty all over my battery, affix the rear cover, remove the rear cover, dremel out the battery shape in the back cover, and use thermal paste and glue to fix a heatsink onto the battery. I will measure it and cut a hole in the casemate case, so the heatsink is mounted just a hair over the depth of the cover.

My goal?

To see if it's plausible that if we substantially cool the battery, if it would improve the phones performance and battery life.

Could it be a waste of my time and money?

Absolutely. I might even ruin my battery and or phone. But i love tinkering with stuff.
    mnc76 and saint613 like this.
    06-01-13 03:38 PM
    Wow

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:23 PM
    It won't make any difference lol

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:44 PM
    This is going to sound very out there, but it's something I want to try.

I want to put poster putty all over my battery, affix the rear cover, remove the rear cover, dremel out the battery shape in the back cover, and use thermal paste and glue to fix a heatsink onto the battery. I will measure it and cut a hole in the casemate case, so the heatsink is mounted just a hair over the depth of the cover.

My goal?

To see if it's plausible that if we substantially cool the battery, if it would improve the phones performance and battery life.

Could it be a waste of my time and money?

Absolutely. I might even ruin my battery and or phone. But i love tinkering with stuff.
    I don't have a spare cover. Just wanted to ask that you post back with your results if you ever get around to doing this. I'd be interested or know if it help.

Also note that the metal BlackBerry symbol on the back seems to act as a heat sink. Maybe try put fins and / or thermal paste on that and see if it helps at all. It would be a less costly and less dangerous first attempt perhaps.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:45 PM
    You can buy them from the CB store.
    06-01-13 05:42 PM
    06-01-13 05:57 PM
    It won't make any difference lol

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what evidence do you have for that statement?

If the heat is able to freely dissipate from the phone, it would then keep the internals cooler, and the battery cooler.

The CPU and RAM would also be able to perform more optimally running cooler.
    06-07-13 06:10 PM