People like you are annoying, whenever there is no news, you make up bad news.

I remember last year, when the Bold was coming out, people complained about the back not looking good enough or something lame like that, it had kevlar patters or something lamer. 1. Who really looks at the back of their phone, the design means almost nothing except something to get scratched up or covered by a case. 2. It isn't a functionality problem, unlike the iphone which actually slips out of your hand, the BB has always been made as a practical phone. Unless the back of the phone cuts into you, or something annoying, please refrain from making a topic to complain about nothing, instead, just go on facebok and complain about the cold weather like everyone else does.
    I fail to see how the OP is "annoying" just by simply stating his opinion. He's not making up bad news as you put it and he's merely stating his opinion, and as far as I'm concerned he's entitled to do that.
    mrmartis likes this.
    11-26-12 12:52 PM
    Playbook back is quality for grip. Only complaints is the BB sign should be a bit higher up where the current bolds and the like are.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 11-29-12 at 08:30 PM.
    11-29-12 07:47 PM
    Meh. You could just put a sticker on it or something.
    11-29-12 08:08 PM
    Apart from it sort of, kinda, almost, looking like an iPhone I have no problem with it. . .hopefully the N series looks a lot like how the 9900's back looks. . .now that's an attractive backside. . .LOL
    11-29-12 09:41 PM
    Hi all. I think it looks great. For me it is fine whether it looks a bit plain or else, the most important for me is the inside feature. For the outside, it doesn't have to look "the best" or better than previous BB. I think simplicity can be great too. Minimalism can be great, for the back - it doesn't have to be look too complicated. For me, the back is already good, I also love how the shape is long in length.
    11-30-12 01:46 AM
    Bold 9000.
    The leather backing. *drool* I miss it so.

The design is utilitarian and it works. I'd rather have a rubbery texture backing to make sure I don't drop the phone, especially if it's being used in one hand. Function over design. It's a tool not a toy.
    DJM626 and meganVee like this.
    12-02-12 05:55 AM
    I never really care about the back of a phone since I barely ever see it, lol
    meganVee likes this.
    12-02-12 06:12 AM
    I never really care about the back of a phone since I barely ever see it, lol
    Indeed. If you spend a lot of time looking at the back of the phone instead of the front of it...well, there may be something lacking with the device. Haha.
    12-02-12 03:24 PM
    To be honest, I agree with you. Even the front is a bit subdued for my tastes but hey I'll take it. I mean it doesn't look bad, but I was hoping the final product would look more along the line of this.

Does anyone else think that the back of the BB10 L-Series doesn't look great?-509d09578804efddc14c05988.jpg
    12-02-12 03:53 PM
    guys...i've seen the L-series in person...it looks wa better in real life...the pics just dont do it justice. both the back and the front are very very well done. and the screen is amazing...a friend showed me his carrier tester.. i was so close to actually commiting a felony and stealing the damn thing...that's how good it was. and the flow is so so smooth everything felt like butter!!!!! the phone is well built..it feels solid in the hands. the back is actually not as smooth as it's pictured to be. there are small bumps on the back for a better grip. the back cover even feels like the battery is actually built in..that's how solid it is
    12-03-12 04:28 AM
    I like the black Apple logo on the iP5 and had been hoping the L series would be similar but now it would just look like they're copying, oh well. I'm a big fan of two tone colour schemes maybe next time??? And yeah the 9900 back looks awesome, always happy to through that on the table when I'm out.
    12-03-12 05:09 AM
    I actually really like the design. Since the first rendering was leaked in February, I knew it was going to look great and all in all, I love it! I guess I'm just a fan of simplicity. The rear isn't elaborate, bit it's elegance and class is found in it's simplicity, I feel. I don't suppose the back of the device matters too much anyway. Believe me, I carry a Torch 9810 and even though the back is not exactly my first choice of design, the device itself is awesome. And in the end, that's what will matter the most.

I guess the only critique I can give would be to move the BB logo up a bit. BlackBerry users are a proud bunch, and rightly so. We don't want our devices being mistaken for others while we're using them. I want that logo shown when I use my phone! (but it's not really a big deal if it stays where it currently is)
    12-03-12 09:45 AM
    To be honest, I agree with you. Even the front is a bit subdued for my tastes but hey I'll take it. I mean it doesn't look bad, but I was hoping the final product would look more along the line of this.
    To be honest I think that is a fairly unimpressive design even before you take into account the major advantage it has with being a concept and is able to ignore technical considerations such as putting all those ports right where the antennas tend to go or the complete absence of a top bezel despite the gestures needing one, it is like somebody has randomly slapped together a bunch of design ideas from various android devices and then called it a day after adding a few bb logos.
    12-03-12 02:20 PM
    GUYS, Check the Blackberry 10 January 30th global landing page. CHECK THAT PHONE IN THE BACKGROUND. That is what I am talking about, GOO BLACKBERRY. I want me a BB10 now. BlackBerry 10 - Official News and Updates at BlackBerry.com - US
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    12-07-12 07:46 PM
    The most important part is the feel of the back, so you don't drop it, and RIM nailed it, the L-Series back feels great in the hand. Function over form, would you prefer a glass back like Apple, lol?
    12-07-12 08:14 PM
    GUYS, Check the Blackberry 10 January 30th global landing page. CHECK THAT PHONE IN THE BACKGROUND. That is what I am talking about, GOO BLACKBERRY. I want me a BB10 now. BlackBerry 10 - Official News and Updates at BlackBerry.com - US
    This is right from BlackBerry's site....could this be it? Looks interesting.

Does anyone else think that the back of the BB10 L-Series doesn't look great?-bb.png
    anon(3310921) and Biggfoot like this.
    12-07-12 09:50 PM
    This is fantastic, so much better than the plain rubberized material.

It's incredible how a lot of us "settled" for the plain rubberized back cover but if you now compare it to this back cover, it looks like an unfinished product, which is exactly what it was.
    12-08-12 12:12 AM
    I think RIM still has a business market they must cater to and the look and feel of their handsets is going to reflect that. I think this supposed device design is, on par with the PB, simple, usable and industrially elegant.
    12-08-12 04:19 AM
    This is fantastic, so much better than the plain rubberized material.

It's incredible how a lot of us "settled" for the plain rubberized back cover but if you now compare it to this back cover, it looks like an unfinished product, which is exactly what it was.
    It could still be a rubberised material, albeit one with that patterning which would help with reducing fingerprints, we simply can't tell what the material actually is from these photos.
    12-08-12 08:22 AM
    Well I like it but really I will look at the front more
    12-08-12 09:49 AM
    guys...i've seen the L-series in person...it looks wa better in real life...the pics just dont do it justice. both the back and the front are very very well done. and the screen is amazing...a friend showed me his carrier tester.. i was so close to actually commiting a felony and stealing the damn thing...that's how good it was. and the flow is so so smooth everything felt like butter!!!!! the phone is well built..it feels solid in the hands. the back is actually not as smooth as it's pictured to be. there are small bumps on the back for a better grip. the back cover even feels like the battery is actually built in..that's how solid it is
    Now that we've seen the official pic of the back of the L series on RIM's site which looks awesome, are the small bumps on the phone what yabanumay is talking about in his post? If so, that means that the front leaked shots with the top and bottom grey bits, (which I don't like, but won't stop me from buying the phone), we've been seeing leaked pics of, is probably the phone we will be getting.
    12-09-12 05:15 AM
46 12