01-23-14 04:53 PM
37 12
tools
    The z10 key board is great so get your words right, or just get a physical keyboard!!!

Z10 and loving it
    01-21-14 10:00 AM
    Here we are a couple of days on. Amazingly I am getting the hang of it and the Z10 is learning my diary. So very few mistakes, once I had worked out how to do swyping
    01-22-14 05:13 PM
    I can understand how coming from a physical keyboard might be tough, but as one who Swyped and SwiftKeyed previously, I can tell you that you won't find a better virtual keyboard. Just give it some time. You'll come to enjoy it as it gets better at reading your mind.
    01-22-14 05:27 PM
    I have just upgraded from a 9320 to a Z10 and to be honest using the keyboard is driving me insane. What with constantly hitting the wrong letter and then accidentally hitting send instead of the delete key when using BBM when trying to spell the word I actually want is no fun!!

The swipe to spell check is also annoying me ( can it be switched off )?

Swiping up to close an app is annoying as I keep swiping and often absolutely nothing happens.

My friends are thinking I have suddenly gone dyslexic. Is there a cure or should I send it back ?
    Welcome to the forum! I have always used blackberry physical keyboards and typically I have to answer 80-100 emails per day on the go.. this is just to let you know how important is for me a great keyboard. After the 9900 I switched to the Z10 with great expectations and... it was a TERRIBLE experience. Even after 3-4 days I was not able to type on that glass and the entire process was frustrating..

I then finally got what I was doing wrong. I was trying to type on the virtual keyboard in the same way as I was pressing the physical buttons on the old BBOS device. It looks silly but you need to change your way of pushing those keys.

Here some suggestions:

1. Trust the auto-correct, it is incredibly accurate. Do not try to type the correct word... JUST TYPE!
    2. DO NOT aim precisely to the single key but just press the general area where the key is. BB10 will take care of writing the right letter for you.
    3. Use the swiping up feature when your finger is already over it. Do not search for the word on the keyboard (it takes too much time)

Try that way and believe me when I say you will be blown away by how fast and accurately you are able to write.

The only exception where I still prefer the physical keys is when I am in the street and I am typing and walk. With the glass you cannot feel where your fingers are and you need to look constantly at the screen (not a good move when you walk in NYC )

Hope this can help and hey... if the Z10 is not for you the Q10 is running the same amazing OS in a more BlackBerryish form factor.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    01-22-14 05:53 PM
    Aside from the obvious (it's a new OS and nothing like BlackBerry of old). It sounds as though you would have fared better moving to a Q10 and a physical keyboard BB10 device.

The Z10 keyboard for being virtual is fantastic but some people coming from physical keyboards are completely turned off and don't have the time or patients to learn how to type on a virtual keyboard. That said, keep at it! It will get better and eventually you'll come to appreciate the screen real estate over a physical keyboard aspect.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:10 PM
    It took some time for me to adapt when I started to use the Z10 as my work device coming from a Note 2. It did feel a tad cramp initially due to the size I'm used to.

However I must say that the auto correct and prediction is possibly the best I've ever experienced.

Posted via my Z10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    01-22-14 08:17 PM
    Here we are a couple of days on. Amazingly I am getting the hang of it and the Z10 is learning my diary. So very few mistakes, once I had worked out how to do swyping
    Seems like the only time I have trouble is when I type out full words instead of swiping... ;-)
    Also, when the spacebar changes your word, the swipe from right to left across the keyboard trick changes your word back to what you actually typed...

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:05 PM
    Welcome to the forum! I have always used blackberry physical keyboards and typically I have to answer 80-100 emails per day on the go.. this is just to let you know how important is for me a great keyboard. After the 9900 I switched to the Z10 with great expectations and... it was a TERRIBLE experience. Even after 3-4 days I was not able to type on that glass and the entire process was frustrating..

I then finally got what I was doing wrong. I was trying to type on the virtual keyboard in the same way as I was pressing the physical buttons on the old BBOS device. It looks silly but you need to change your way of pushing those keys.

Here some suggestions:

1. Trust the auto-correct, it is incredibly accurate. Do not try to type the correct word... JUST TYPE!
    2. DO NOT aim precisely to the single key but just press the general area where the key is. BB10 will take care of writing the right letter for you.
    3. Use the swiping up feature when your finger is already over it. Do not search for the word on the keyboard (it takes too much time)

Try that way and believe me when I say you will be blown away by how fast and accurately you are able to write.

The only exception where I still prefer the physical keys is when I am in the street and I am typing and walk. With the glass you cannot feel where your fingers are and you need to look constantly at the screen (not a good move when you walk in NYC )

Hope this can help and hey... if the Z10 is not for you the Q10 is running the same amazing OS in a more BlackBerryish form factor.
    Just tried typing with these suggestions and gotta say AMAZING!!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 02:35 PM
    Yeah it takes a matter of getting used to the touch screen when you come from a physical keyboard. Just give it some time if not you could always get the Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 03:01 PM
    Nope I'm good lol I do miss the qwerty keyboard though may get a Q5 but keep my Z10 too

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 03:20 PM
    I didn't know how I'd handle coming from a physical keyboard, but the learning curve was very short for me. . I tried to go back to my Bold a few days and actually have some trouble getting acclimated. Stick with it and adjust the settings to your liking...see how that works for you!

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.1925
    01-23-14 04:44 PM
    Comes in handy - I wear gloves at work and have no issues typing with them; barely impacts my speed and accuracy, thanks to the word flicking and how well it guesses what I mean to type.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:53 PM
37 12