So I've been a proud Blackberry user since I got my first phone, however I think that will come to an end very shortly if I cannot get some info/ feedback on these issues with my phone.
    Just some background info, the current phone is a Z10 running the latest OS as of Jan 1, 2015 (Canada) on Wind, however I don't believe the carrier factors in.

These are just a few problems that i remember at the moment:

Text Messaging Freezing Up- The text messaging platform will constantly spaz up to a point where the keyboard is there, however nothing to type into. Then, holding down the space bar, the keyboard will disappear as usual, however taking all the messages along with it, and stretching the font of the contacts name. This has been happening since the update after September 2013.

10 Minute Wait time after restarting- Every time I restart or turn on from an 'off' state, it takes about 10 minutes before any apps or messages in the hub to load/open. Clicking on things such as BBM, messages or emails does absolutely nothing, as if the touch screen was broken. I would understand 1 or 2 minutes, but 10? Really?

Picture Password Becoming an App- yes, I kid you not, at random times while swiping up on a picture password, it will minimize and i will gain access to my phone, as if i were swiping up on any application. (I have a screenshot which i will add later if I can find it in a previous back up). Once its there, I am able to simply click the "x" and it will go away. I really question the security claims the company makes after this kind of stuff happens.

Cant Change Wallpaper- Not going to bother, there are bigger Issues.

Apps Refuse to Open - I have concluded that it is a problem with my run-time, however I will discuss it here in case others can benefit from a reply. Using Skype as an example, I DOWNloaded it from the Blackberry World store, however it acts just like all of my amazon app store apps (which I will not get into because Blackberry did not advertise that they were supposed to run). The blue bar at the bottom loads about half way before the app crashes and returns me to the first page of my phone.

"Incorrect" Password- This just happened a few hours ago and is what really ticked me off, after all the patience I've had for this phone. So here's the story: I was just showing a friend how the Picture Password works on my Z10, and went to change it to show him how it is set as well. As per usual, it prompts me for my 4 digit number password that has not changed for a few months. I typed in the code, and it passes it off as incorrect. I try again, same result. So I proceed to turn on the little eye that allows me to see what I am typing, and sure enough, it is the correct password getting an incorrect result. At that point, I restart the phone, thinking it would fix it, but no. After typing in "blackberry", I try a few different pins, just in case (I had no better option) and that brought me to 9/10. I looked up the issue here on Crackberry, but there was no helpful thread. I desperately went on Blackberry Protect to try and change it there, however it too thought my 'old' password was incorrect, (and by the way, this was the same pin I typed in a few days ago when changing my picture password, so it had to be right). I tried it again, as nothing came up stating any limits, however as i looked at my phone after i clicked it, the shredder icon was there and I almost threw it across the street. As I'm writing this, all of my data from the past 3 weeks (last backup) is being shredded because of a glitch that really shouldn't be happening under the phone brand that I used to respect and endorse.

If others have similar issues, or the reasoning behind some of these posted, it would be much appreciated as I cannot figure out some of these problems, and I've had enough. If you're going to tell me to restore it, just know that once this shredding is done, it will have been my 3rd time. Thank you, Sandro
    01-02-15 01:31 AM
    Well, guess you know about password. So won't rub that in. However, I seem to recall picture password causing issues. But, no, I do not have any of these issues and I have two Z10s. It really sounds like you could benefit from reloading the OS. Curious: latest version, Wind... which version are you running?
    01-02-15 07:00 AM
    Fits the Template perfectly!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-02-15 07:53 AM
    I used my Z10 for almost two years and I can assure you that none of what you described ever happened to me. You should do a security wipe and start fresh. Good luck.

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    der_mit and WanShark69 like this.
    01-02-15 07:59 AM
    I had the same problem with text messaging. I solved it by deleting some messages, like my wife's message thread. She sends a lot of pictures and we are heavy tester. The problem comes from too much information to index. Go around and delete some conversations and that will solve that

Z10
    01-02-15 08:12 AM
    Sounds like you've got a lemon there. Try a full reset before you return or exchange it. When I had mine on official OS and on unofficial OS, I never experienced those problems

Posted via CB10 via Z10
    01-02-15 08:42 AM
    Well, guess you know about password. So won't rub that in. However, I seem to recall picture password causing issues. But, no, I do not have any of these issues and I have two Z10s. It really sounds like you could benefit from reloading the OS. Curious: latest version, Wind... which version are you running?
    The problems persisted through the updates, however as of now i am on 10.2.1.3062. Might go to 10.3 to see if that fixes anything, because reloading the same OS did nothing
    01-03-15 10:18 AM
    When you say "official OS", do you mean from Wind? Because Wind is still on 10.2.1 and doesn't have access to the Amazon app store (that I'm aware of). I had issues with MMS which may or may not have been fixed by deleting the conversation which couldn't send or receive pictures. Never bothered to determine if the problem was with Wind or my Z10 - which has been perfect otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:53 AM
    Sorry for your troubles. I'm running a Z10 on Wind too and have never experienced the "major" issues that you and other people sometimes complain about.

I recently moved to 10.3.0.1418 after holding out on 10.2.1 and am very satisfied (after some tweaking with 10.3.1 bars). The latest 10.3.1 seems to be preferred by most here so you could use that.

The problems you describe sound like data / memory corruption. Hopefully it's not a hardware problem on the phone. E.g. Heat, moisture, dust, static... Have you ever disassembled it? The thermal grease on the CPU could have been removed. Also, make sure your computer is stable before you load the new OS. E.g. No mouse skipping, keyboard stalls, Internet hiccups, crashes, slowness... try a different USB cable / port / controller / computer...

If everything seems normal, use a full autoloader (OS + Radio) which will completely wipe the device. First boot is always slow and I've found that it helps to turn off the phone right after setup is complete (hold power button).
    01-03-15 11:21 AM
    I had the texting problem when still back on official OS 10.2.idontremember. Hasn't recurred since I started playing with 10.3 leaks.

Have not had any of the other issues you've had. All I can say is, your phone is wiping already anyway, why not play with some leaks if you're ready to toss the phone across the room. Nothing to lose now.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 03:25 PM