I bought another 9900 after buying the Z10
    9900 is the best phone I ever had

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:23 PM
    I do....but I'm not going back

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:10 PM
    Actually I do miss my bold so very much!!! It is so small and compact and feels so good in my hands plus I have customised it with my self made theme so it feels really unique and special to me!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:12 PM
    On the contrary, my old device seems so dated. No going back for me.
    04-07-13 06:37 PM
    An open letter to bbry:
    z10: a critique

pros: its better than iphone and android. The new operating system performs well.
    cons: its not as good as bold 9930

after using z10 for 5 days, I am going back to 9930.
    z10 is great to play with so it will appeal to a lot of first adapters. For work it does not match the productivity of the bold.
    For someone with a compelling need or desire to surf the internet on a small screen, its the best yet.
    For someone with work to do who needs quick convenient efficient access to a really good phone, email and text, bold cant be beat.

Why:
    1. the trackball and home key are missing. They go at the bottom and side like the bold. These are a home run for productivity and cant be replaced. The touchscreen is a fun toy but is not ready for prime time. Sometimes it dont respond to touch. The mechanical trackball and home key give positive responses first time and every time. They can be operated with your eyes closed. The touch screen requires close attention to figure out what to touch and what not to, and frequently you touch the wrong place accidentally and do an action you dont intend. Cost and weight are not likely an issue in whether or not to include the trackball and home key. They are too valuable an asset.
    2. The phone speaker and mike are not as good as the 9930. especially the mike picks up excessive external noise and needs a better noise suppressor mike.
    3. To say your roadmap in z10 is inadquate is quite an understatement. You can get anywhere you want to go, but there is only one way there and frequently it takes serious concentration and thought to find the way. There should be a minimum of 2 routes to each function, preferably 3. there is plenty of wasted space at the bottom of the screen for exits, home, phone icon, hub icon, etc.
    4. customizability is at a minimum.
    5. The opening screen seems like wasted real estate. It does nothing and has no button to go anywhere. It says little the hub dont say and cant be customized.
    6. How do you get to contacts? The only way is to go to the programs page. Why isnt it available on the hub?
    7. Why arent I able to find how to make a phone call from the hub without going to the contacts program page? I can access previous calls and recall them, but cant find a new number.
    8. Search doesnt find all contacts.
    9. Why is the 3rd phone number listed within an imported contact, cut off when contacts are downloaded to my new z10?
    10. Where is the right click functon or equivalent to access options to edit contacts etc?
    11. From the text page, why am I unable to call the party who texted me? Why should I have to go to contacts to call someone who just texted me?
    12. Where is my favorites page?
    13. The bold 9930 feels better in the hand. The z10 is too big in the hand and in the pocket.
    14. Etc, etc

You have a fine phone. But you have a lot of work to do.
    Disclaimer: since I own January call options on 10k shares of bbry, I am probably not being critical in order to cut the stock price.
    I�m a South Georgia business man, not a technologist, but maybe you need someone like me to give you some common sense criticism as you go.

Add back the trackball and home key to the Z10 and Q10. They are essential to your success. The full screen is necessary, but that does not exclude the trackball and home key. The other faults can be fixed with updates to the software.
    If you figure out how to put a full screen on one side, and a physical keyboard plus half screen on the other of a phone, you would have something interesting.
    04-07-13 06:39 PM
    I miss my 9900. I picked it up after over a month not touching it and I couldn't type on that keyboard. The phone felt small and everything.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    04-07-13 06:45 PM
    I miss my pink pearl......oh wait

Posted via CB10
    BB Marissa likes this.
    04-07-13 06:47 PM
    Some aspects I miss, but they are generally made up for with the speed of bb10

Posted via CB10
    npunk42 likes this.
    04-07-13 06:50 PM
    Still using my 9900 on wifi. Still have my blackberry email that way and the instant emails that you can't get on the Z10.
    04-07-13 07:00 PM
    The only thing I miss from my 9780 wax the ease of editing, copying and pasting between documents as well as all the profile customization. That should all be remedied so it's not s big deal.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-07-13 07:03 PM
    Some aspects I miss, but they are generally made up for with the speed of bb10

Posted via CB10
    Everything seems better on the Z10. My fear that the keyboard would be a challenge is realized but voice input is so good now I'll do more of that.
    04-07-13 07:04 PM
    I miss the 9930. That was a sweet phone and a work of art.
    04-07-13 07:06 PM
    I kept my torch 9800 with me my first week with the z10 but became comfortable with the z10 that I didn't need the 9800 anymore and haven't looked back. I knew I would like the z10 but I really love this phone. It better then I ever expected.

BlackBerry Z10 and 32gb PlayBook
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-07-13 07:10 PM
    The only things I missed from the bbos are, customized notification, short cut for next and previous email, will stick with my Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:20 PM
    I miss my old 9000 once it fell from a bridge (I work in engineering) and we all thought it was doomed. I picked it up five hours later when I got back down and it was full of messages. The back came off it landed on soft dirt I guess. I miss the green light.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:26 PM
    The only thing that I really miss is home screen rotation having had a Torch and Storm.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:38 PM
    No way.

To me the difference is like a Chevrolet cruze (9900) to dodge charger srt8 ( z10).

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:43 PM
    There are some aspects of the Z10 that are not fully developed at this point. Therefore, I still keep an activated 9900 at this time.
    04-07-13 07:51 PM
    I miss bbm music hope it comes to bb10

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Pretty sure this is being discontinued.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:53 PM
    I miss my 9900's keyboard. I still can't type as quickly on this phone sadly.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:57 PM
    The only thing I really miss are: Themes, the use of my BW sets, and a few features that I'm slowly starting to not miss so much...
    Other than that...I'm really, really, really loving my Zed
    04-07-13 08:03 PM
    I skipped the 9930, but still have an activated 9650. There are many things that I take for granted. Things that made a BlackBerry a BlackBerry. These don't exist on the Z10, but the Z10 is growing on me. Then again, there are things about the Z10 I have no doubt yet to discover. BlackBerry likes to Put little details in their phones and not make a huge deal about it. They should.

I need to face up to the fact that those days are really over. Hoping that the ability to develop headless apps will make by Z10 experience better. Actually I know it will... but when? I thought about holding out for the Q10 to make the transition not so drastic, but really like the swipey word prediction. I got a taste of something similar with the Playbook, and I do well with it. I didn't expect that to happen.
    04-07-13 08:12 PM
    I miss my BlackBerry Curve 9220 and its simplicity.
    04-07-13 08:14 PM
    Of course, there are still many features that were on my 9900 that I really miss and wish had my new Z10:
    1. That BOLD feeling of INSTANT notification.. not quite on the Z10.
    2. Still not used to typing on glass... Thank God the Q10 is coming out soon..
    3. Whatsapp WORKS better.
    4. Missing my keyboard shortcuts. Q10 baby.
    5. Really missing bridge functionality between my PlayBook and my phone.
    6. Custom notifications and profiles.
    7. Native & reliable Podcasts App.
    What I DON'T Miss:
    That freaking hourglass!!
    The phone not waking up Randomly.
    That Bad Camera
    Outdated and non inviting OS to all the cool apps we've been longing for so long, which now are possible on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ianbordas; 04-07-13 at 09:19 PM.
    04-07-13 08:32 PM
74 123