Do you loose your contacts and apps when you update your blackberry? Please help me!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 01:28 PM
    You need to back up your phone to BlackBerry Link before you do the update.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 01:29 PM
    ^^ what he said. Unless it is OTA
    04-30-13 01:32 PM
    Do you loose your contacts and apps when you update your blackberry? Please help me!

Posted via CB10
    When loading leaked OS's yes, and you should backup, but official OTA updates, you don't need to, but to be safe, you should.
    04-30-13 01:32 PM
    How do you back up your contacts through BlackBerry link? Thanks

Posted to CB via Z 10
    04-30-13 01:37 PM

Posted to CB via Z 10
    Wish I could answer this, but Link has NEVER once opened on my computer
    04-30-13 01:39 PM

Posted to CB via Z 10
    OH DEAR....

use Blackberry Link if it doesn't crash during start...

the few options in that poor M$ program is quite self explained while clicking around...

sorry for being a *******... but can't hold it...
    04-30-13 01:42 PM
    Wish I could answer this, but Link has NEVER once opened on my computer
    I did write a long explanation about the issue of Link crashing some where, but can't find it any more on the many forums...
    But one thing I can tell you... it's the device manager which coursing the crash...
    using Strg-Alt-Del Taskmanager and kill the BB...Agent.exe and another BB...Manager.exe, de-install the whole lot, everything that's coming with BB-link reboot, istall BB-Link again with the latest release of the BB web page... hopefully it will do for one ore two sessions before it will crash again... restart from scratch...

Ohh yes... forgot..
    make sure BB-link do not start automatic with the system start or as soon you plug in a Z10.. well the device manager has to be started with the system reboot but not BB-link... give it all some time to start and call BB-link with it's icon on the desktop...
    04-30-13 01:47 PM
    In BlackBerry Link you choose what to backup or just do a full backup.

Alternatively you can save them to SIM, or associate an email with it and sync.

BBX-I Said it
    04-30-13 01:49 PM
    I did write a long explanation about the issue of Link crashing some where, but can't find it any more on the many forums...
    But one thing I can tell you... it's the device manager which coursing the crash...
    using Strg-Alt-Del Taskmanager and kill the BB...Agent.exe and another BB...Manager.exe, de-install the whole lot, everything that's coming with BB-link reboot, istall BB-Link again with the latest release of the BB web page... hopefully it will do for one ore two sessions before it will crash again... restart from scratch...

Ohh yes... forgot..
    make sure BB-link do not start automatic with the system start or as soon you plug in a Z10.. well the device manager has to be started with the system reboot but not BB-link... give it all some time to start and call BB-link with it's icon on the desktop...
    will try this. Thanks
    04-30-13 01:51 PM
    In BlackBerry Link you choose what to backup or just do a full backup.

Alternatively you can save them to SIM, or associate an email with it and sync.

BBX-I Said it
    Haven't found a way to do this with link. Yes there is an option to click, but as soon as I click the selective backup option, the actual backup button gets greyed out?

What I have done is made a backup of just my contacts from my 9900 and use that to restore my contacts to my Z10 via Link.
    04-30-13 02:00 PM
    I use Contact X in BB World. It's worth every penny!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=US
    04-30-13 02:27 PM
    BB Link works flawless for me. NOTE, avoid using third party usb cable. You will get an error backing up. Happened to me when I used another cable because I forgot the original one, left it in the club.
    04-30-13 02:37 PM