I have a little problem.

I've purchased a few things from blackberry world, I don't mind spending money on apps, but I've fast ran out of space on my device and don't feel like deleting apps especially considering I paid for them.

So I have deleted some large games that are over a gig etc as I can re download those on my Playbook for free so they aren't technically deleted from access, but this won't solve everyone's problem so wondering how you guys deal with the lack of space?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:19 PM
    Bigger sd card maybe?
    I think anything you purchase from app store is still available for re install or download so I don't think you have anything to lose by the delete.
    04-19-13 04:35 PM
    You can re download it any time.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    saxxman likes this.
    04-19-13 04:48 PM
    Related question (forgive me OP): I can re-download to multiple devices, right? Like a few BB10 phones, right?
    04-19-13 04:53 PM
    You can re download it any time.
    x1 ..... what she said
    04-19-13 04:56 PM
    If I'm not using an app often enough, I typically delete it...
    04-19-13 04:57 PM
    i deleted the nonesense i bought from slylab mobilesstems.
    i wont be re-installing.

if anyone wants it and there is a way to transfer it to you, i'll gladly do so.
    (GPS maps pro and trinidad and tobago on device maps)
    04-19-13 04:58 PM
    Related question (forgive me OP): I can re-download to multiple devices, right? Like a few BB10 phones, right?
    I don't think so.........BB App World is accessing your BB ID the way I understand it. Once you buy an APP on the same BB ID & device ... that device + BB ID can redownload.

But, if you have a Playbook and have purchased apps .... some are availble for free download on your BB10 device (they are using the same BB ID).

But other than that ......no.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-19-13 05:00 PM
    There is a difference between un installing and deleting an application so be sure whichever option you choose that the expected behaviour is exhibited.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    duckduke and John Pawling like this.
    04-19-13 05:06 PM
    Search is great

Do you delete purchased apps?-img_00000027.png

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:05 PM
    Hell yeah, I don't mind paying a few bucks to try an app, but if it doesn't please me, out it goes.
    04-19-13 06:15 PM
    Bigger sd card maybe?
    I think anything you purchase from app store is still available for re install or download so I don't think you have anything to lose by the delete.
    Bigger sd card won't help as apps are stored on the device memory. BlackBerry really need to look at bigger storage options on their devices, should have released a 32gb device as well.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-19-13 06:37 PM
    Wish we could return an app if we don't like it within so many hours. Think I would find quite a few more useful apps this way.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    04-19-13 06:47 PM
    Wish we could return an app if we don't like it within so many hours. Think I would find quite a few more useful apps this way.

Posted via CB10
    In theory it's a good idea; Android used to give a whole day to refund. What that did, I think, was shortchange the developers, as folks would buy apps for one time use and then refund, which isn't exactly ethical.

Now, it's a more manageable 15 minutes IIRC.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-19-13 06:55 PM
    Right on duckduck thanks for info!!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:09 PM
    You can delete. Your purchases are linked to your BBID, you don't have to pay again. It's all good.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:46 PM
    As far as I know, this was the case with the playbook, as long as the devices shared the same BBID.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-19-13 07:48 PM
    Ok maybe my post wasn't clear judging by some of the replies.

I don't need to know "how" to delete an app or whether I can reinstall once removed.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've become a little more conservative before buying any additional apps because I'm conscience over my internal memory.

Before, I would happily download apps, paid or unpaid, now I find myself weighing up which ones to delete from my handset in order to make room for other ones. I have used 14.6GB out of 16GB available storage, majority of large files are from paid games:

Dark Knight
    Nova
    Spiderman
    Need for speed
    Asphalt
    Iron man 3 (coming soon )

My pics & documents are on my Box account (50GB)
    My vids are on my on sd card (64GB)

So I find myself being more selective when downloading apps now... I guess my point is...

This would be a slightly hinderance for blackberry as it doesn't give people like me any incentive to purchase apps, non purchased apps means no sales for developers, no commision for Blackberry.

Without doubt theres the other kind of people who will happily :
    * uninstall the apps and redownload a gig or 2 later on
    * remove a paid app and not worry about it again
    * install the *available* apps on another Blackberry device IF they have one using the same BB ID (Playbook, but not all titles are available yet)

If I coud make use of the SD card memory, there would be a lot more purchases from me, giving that incentive to the developers trying to support the platform, but in my eyes, I find it a waste to buy an app to then remove it to make space for another one, and then when I want to download it again I have to remove something else.

That's not flow.
    Pirate_King likes this.
    04-20-13 06:57 AM
    Ok maybe my post wasn't clear judging by some of the replies.

I don't need to know "how" to delete an app or whether I can reinstall once removed.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've become a little more conservative before buying any additional apps because I'm conscience over my internal memory.

Before, I would happily download apps, paid or unpaid, now I find myself weighing up which ones to delete from my handset in order to make room for other ones. I have used 14.6GB out of 16GB available storage, majority of large files are from paid games:

Dark Knight
    Nova
    Spiderman
    Need for speed
    Asphalt
    Iron man 3 (coming soon )

My pics & documents are on my Box account (50GB)
    My vids are on my on sd card (64GB)

So I find myself being more selective when downloading apps now... I guess my point is...

This would be a slightly hinderance for blackberry as it doesn't give people like me any incentive to purchase apps, non purchased apps means no sales for developers, no commision for Blackberry.

Without doubt theres the other kind of people who will happily :
    * uninstall the apps and redownload a gig or 2 later on
    * remove a paid app and not worry about it again
    * install the *available* apps on another Blackberry device IF they have one using the same BB ID (Playbook, but not all titles are available yet)

If I coud make use of the SD card memory, there would be a lot more purchases from me, giving that incentive to the developers trying to support the platform, but in my eyes, I find it a waste to buy an app to then remove it to make space for another one, and then when I want to download it again I have to remove something else.

That's not flow.
    Totally agree with you! The internal memory issue is really a buzz killer as I too having the same issue and I paid for apps and games (some over $6) and now I cannot download them because I have no space available. I deleted apps I use like box, waze, photos apps, news apps and some games to save space but didn't save much, perhaps only 300 MB. I cannot download anymore apps or games! When I got the Z10, I thought the space available was 64 GB if not more because you could add up space via sd card and I have inserted a 64 GB sd card and I'm only using 7 GB of storage on it.

Posted via CB10
    imz likes this.
    04-20-13 10:59 AM
    Another cool option would be the ability to backup apps and data. This way, a user can delete an app that isn't used often and restore when needed. Very effective, but one has to be willing to cull apps in the first place.

Of course, it would probably still need access to the sd card...
    04-20-13 11:17 AM
    I ran into this problem with my 9860. I was hoping that we would be able to save to the card.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:00 PM