Nope. It successfully got on their feet but in terms of making a major impact, nope, which is their main goal. They're slowly climbing though!
    04-13-13 01:26 AM
    I think you are bull ****ting. I live in Vancouver and I still see a lot of blackberries!
    04-13-13 02:12 AM
    The Samsung Rugby 2 is above the Verizon Z10!?!? I cannot believe you just posted that to try to prove point lmaooooo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-13-13 03:03 AM
    Personally.....

The device, on its own, is a success. Not a huge success, more moderate. It lacks native apps and functionalities, and I'm willing to wait it out until they get added. When compared to my iPhone or my SGIII, it's a moderate to low success because I can't do with it what I can on my other devices. It lacks basic apps I want. No, I don't feel that the browser is an adequate work around in 2013 on a high end smartphone that is up against other market leaders.

As far as the market, if I'm going to base it on what I see around me, it's a failure in the U.S. in my neck of the woods. Every single day I get on the Metro and I have yet to see one single one. I see nothing but white iPhones on women around me, men have the black version. When you don't see iPhones you see some variant of the Samsung Galaxy.

So, it varies on the definition of success. Willl it stop the bleeding.....yes. Will Blackberry overtake Apple in one year on global sales as one thread that I've got bookmarked states....no.
    04-13-13 05:41 AM
    I've actually been pretty surprised to see 4 in the wild. I have personally never seen a Nokia Lumia 920 aside from the one in my pocket.

At a restaurant in South Florida the waitress actually recognized the z10 in my hand asked me how I liked it. She also mentioned two of her friends had z10s and she had 2 months left on her contract and was planning on getting either the z10 or q10.

I think BlackBerry still has some traction with BlackBerry fans and has enough brand recognition to at minimum peak consumer curiosity.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 05:52 AM
    I consider it an success for me because I have a Z10
    04-13-13 05:53 AM
    It only came out a few months ago, I don't think we can make a proper judgement yet. It's sold very well so far considering the position BB was in just last year though, and although I don't personally know anyone who owns one, I've seen a few of them about.
    04-13-13 07:48 AM
    Here in indonesia....u can say the Z10 sales in here quite magnificent (i know cause i do work on Blackberry Store) ... Launch for the first time is 15 March, until now we find it hard to keep up with the demand....
    04-13-13 07:57 AM
    Apparently, the Z10 is not selling very well in US... Here in Canada, I only have 1 other friend who purchased thr Z10, we are both BB fanboys. But in my university and on the bus, I have yet to see anyone with the Z10.
    The definition of whether or not the Z10 is selling well, I think depends on the location. In the UK, Canada and other countries it is selling well. The US the launch has not been as strong as we would have liked, but I think it is too early to judge.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    04-13-13 07:58 AM
    When it first got my 9900 I never saw one in the wild for about 4 months. Now I see them all over the place.
    04-13-13 08:32 AM
    So you seriously thought that you would have as many apps for the Z10 as your Iphone??? You don't research anything before purchase???
    Well out of 100,000 apps you'd assume there be at least 100 good ones. My fault for not researching enough. Don't get me wrong aside from the apps and a few flaws the phone is great. However, I'd rather have and android or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:40 AM
    I totally agree with every word, I too am huge BlackBerry fan. Never owned any other. Literally had arguments with people defending BlackBerry pre launch that they will survive. Don't get me wrong I love my Z10, but let's face it, it is a spec war. I don't care if the os doesn't need high specs to run efficient, but the general public sure does, I personally don't care if I have Netflix, shype or the other big names, BUT The masses do care about big apps and big specs. To that I say BlackBerry dropped the ball in wowing Joe public to spend the $. Nothing at launch of z10 turned there heads. It did mine cause I'm a long time fan boy, and most sales will be to people like me

Posted from my amazing Z10
    I agree with your points regarding the US launch. BlackBerry marketing and promotions were lacking. Lack of apps will always be a problem with a brand new OS and platform, but I think BB did well to launch with 70,000 at the end of Jan and increase it to 100,000 only 2 months later. But I will concede to your point on apps as well. BB definitely has some work to do in terms of getting the big name apps on board.

Where I disagree with you is on the specs war. If this was the case, the iPhones would not be selling as well as they have. Sure they are the hardcore users for whom specs is the "be all and end all", but I do believe that the majority is interested in an operating system and device that is quick, very responsive and gives them a great user experience.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    04-13-13 08:43 AM
    I'm finding more apps to my liking in the first few months of this os than the culmination of years of the last one.
    04-13-13 09:33 AM
    Impossible to answer for me this early.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:05 AM
    Depends on what your definition of success is. If you are basing it on worldwide sales then I would say no, not yet. If you are using a smaller scale and basing it on sales vs. Playbook sales then I would say yes.
    04-13-13 10:35 AM
    If the Z10 converted a large number of non blackberry users, then it is a success.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:04 AM
    Successful
    04-13-13 11:11 AM
    If the Z10 converted a large number of non blackberry users, then it is a success.

Posted via CB10
    But were they really non Blackberry users or were they ex blackberry users deciding to give Blackberry one more shot??? There is a big difference.
    04-13-13 12:09 PM
    I would say it has been successful

Me and my wife's Z10 have not given us issues since the day we bought them. Success of this device has to be measured on satisfaction and not some poll or news on poor US sales.

It has only been a few months and someone has the guts to talk about failure??

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:18 PM
    Apparently, the Z10 is not selling very well in US... Here in Canada, I only have 1 other friend who purchased thr Z10, we are both BB fanboys. But in my university and on the bus, I have yet to see anyone with the Z10.
    I'm in BC, Canada and I can honestly say I've seen lots of Z10's around the lower mainland.
    04-13-13 12:19 PM
    Sales I'm mid April don't matter especially the US. Every single network carrier is experiencing slow sales with ALL devices, without saying Too much I manage one, and NOTHING is selling. With that said I think once the HTC one and galaxy s4 are officially released and bring the traffic back, blackberry should go on the offensive and hopefully "Qualified" sales reps can get the customer the phone they need and be able to explain the every OS

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:26 PM
    But were they really non Blackberry users or were they ex blackberry users deciding to give Blackberry one more shot??? There is a big difference.
    The Z10 is my first BB, before I was an Android user. Look at it this way, many loyal BB users has left their BBs for either iOS or Android. This in turn was one of the major things that started the downfall of BB before. Now, BB may have won them over and that put along with the users just upgrading, doesn't it make you think that's a potentially good start? I came from Android and I'm sure I'm not the only one. For now the fact that BB may have gotten their old users back already puts them a step ahead in stabilizing themselves at the no. 3 spot, I think.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-13-13 12:31 PM
    The notion that 10's of millions of people will flock back to BB because of this laughable.

This product will be a "success" only if it sells enough to slow the rate of net negative cash burn at BBRY. The jury is out on that but I doubt those numbers will be anywhere near high enough.

It may, however, be a "success" from the standpoint of increasing the Enterprise Value of BBRY when it gets sold off.

It's just a business after all and it is burning more cash than it's making. Has nothing to do with whether you "love" your phone or anything else. It's about cash and break up value.
    04-13-13 12:35 PM
    All I know is that I just spent 15 minutes showing it off to someone at Petco. He seemed enthused.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:35 PM
    All I know is that I just spent 15 minutes showing it off to someone at Petco. He seemed enthused.

Posted via CB10
    Was it a dog or a human?
    04-13-13 12:38 PM
224 ... 6789