I have stated seeking the phone all over the place actually. Just yesterday I saw one at work. Here in Canada is probably where it's doing the best. But I kinda feel like this phone is the type that one starts to love over time so it might take some time before it takes over.
    Posted via CB10
    Really?

Takes over? you really need to get out more.
    04-12-13 04:25 PM
    where do you live because I'm in southern ontario in canada and insee them everywhere
    I'm in South Florida. Miami area... and I don't see them cuz I stay home lol. I'm always out and about, I barely get to stay home other than to sleep lol... I haven't seen any. and everyone who sees mine always say something like "What is that? I didn't know BlackBerry had a nice phone like. When did it come out?"

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:53 PM
    BB10 launch has been about as exciting as watching a slug crawl across the sidewalk,,, no "wow", no marketing, & sycophantic rants aside, i feel that BB has accepted mediocrity as being, "comparable w/ industry expectations",,, & whoever thought that leaving out key functionality was ok should be fired right alongside their marketing guy...
    bruteforce037 and Blacklatino like this.
    04-12-13 05:00 PM
    Yes BlackBerry Z10 is selling in the millions and success us measured by sales.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-12-13 05:15 PM
    Here in KC, TMO is pushing out an advertise through radio about their new plan in general for the past and this whole week. The Z10 name is there too in a big way.

Of course, it is obvious that TMO is more excited in promoting iPhone, but for my personal opinion, Z10 sale has been doing better than expected. I remember TMO bragged about being the first to launch Z10 to business, but later no real announcement during the public launch. I think that the product moves relatively well now that they are talking about it through their commercial a lot.

I am happy with the phone even though there are glitches and certain missing key features.

Cheers
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-12-13 05:28 PM
    It's getting sold out in almost every mall. So, yeah.
    04-12-13 05:50 PM
    It is too early to say if it will be successful. Blackberry could very well be sold or merged with another company however at some time. I think the Blackberry executives and board have become much more realistic about the situation they are in that is a good sign. The Blackberry infrastructure and concept will continue in some form and likely the platforms on their QNX OS will as well. Whether the name will be Blackberry or not is another question.

I once posed the question that if the Z10 were called the ThinkPhone with a small IBM logo on the corner would it be better received in the US. That would send the message that the owners were serious business people with important things to do and with the best tools to do it. This is really the traditional image of the Blackberry until just the last couple years.
    04-12-13 06:16 PM
    People will run like headless chickens for an Iphone, i did also.

However once black you never go back.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:19 PM
    Not a chance. You can not keep them running. They are being returned in mass. Two Verizon stores in Des Moines and one in Kansas City have yet to sell one.
    Huge embarrassment for me. I have been laughed at for three years for sticking with them. I am in the IT world and have supported Blackberry phones for my clients. With the exception of one client at one business they have all left. With this mess of a product they wont be back. I am however setting up a new BES10 server for them so they can use there Androids and Apples.
    04-12-13 08:00 PM
    I think BlackBerry still needs to do a lot of work. I use to have a iPhone 5 and traded down to the Z10. I now find myself knowing that was a mistake. The Z10 has many flaws and lacks apps. So no I don't think it is successful.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:13 PM
    Some great replies last 12 hours or zo. Within a couple long posts, I must emphasize I too am a BlackBerry faithful that was all but laughed at for waiting even turning down new phones of my choice. There are simply some real flaws that will drag apparently already anemic sales...too many shareholders, or light users, trying to will things better. Don't want to beat a dead horse but finally a little consensus on the obvious: The "Masses" will cut no slack
    for an excuse that some other company took longer to correct errors, or add apps. This is today and BlackBerry is trying to catch two, maybe soon 3 platforms with substantially similar featutes....ie recognition it had taken a wrong turn even while having led the pack.
    Yes...it is reference to a subset of processors of the original 6502...and some early days for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:20 PM
    The Z10 has many flaws and lacks apps.
    I can understand the lack of apps, but what "flaws" are you talking about? Can you give any details?
    04-12-13 08:23 PM
    I think BlackBerry still needs to do a lot of work. I use to have a iPhone 5 and traded down to the Z10. I now find myself knowing that was a mistake. The Z10 has many flaws and lacks apps. So no I don't think it is successful.

Posted via CB10
    Fault the app developers for the lack of apps, BlackBerry does not control that part.
    As for trading down, then maybe you are more Windows8 phone, it beats your iPhone hands down.
    04-12-13 08:31 PM
    What you're saying is pure fiction and let me show you what facts are. The Z10 is selling REALLY WELL in the US backed by the following evidence:

Top seller on Amazon:
    Amazon.com Hot New Releases: The best-selling new & future releases in Cell Phones With Service Plans

Top seller on Costco Wireless:
    Costco Wireless - Big Savings on Cell Phones - Offering Plans from Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.

Top seller on Bestbuy.com with AT&T and T-Mobile:
    AT&T Wireless: AT&T Phones & Cell Phone Plans - Best Buy

T-Mobile Phones & Plans - Best Buy Mobile

Unlocked Z10 sold out online on Bestbuy.com:
    Z10 - Best Buy

Amazing reviews on ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon:
    BlackBerry Z10 - Black cell phone from AT&T

Set Your Location

Unsupported Browser

Next time you post comments like yours make sure you back them with some facts or people are going to laugh at you the same way they are laughing at Jeff Johnston from Detwiler Fenton!
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-12-13 08:47 PM
    Best phone I ever had. Reactions from others go from "I thought BlackBerry was out of business" to "Is that the new BlackBerry I have been hearing about?" I have not yet seen another in the wild. When I have demonstrated my Z10, the reactions have been very positive. The screen quality is what I hear about most.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-12-13 08:57 PM
    Not a chance. You can not keep them running. They are being returned in mass. Two Verizon stores in Des Moines and one in Kansas City have yet to sell one.
    Huge embarrassment for me. I have been laughed at for three years for sticking with them. I am in the IT world and have supported Blackberry phones for my clients. With the exception of one client at one business they have all left. With this mess of a product they wont be back. I am however setting up a new BES10 server for them so they can use there Androids and Apples.
    Well you being a IT world would and should know like I do that this is a OS bug for certain carriers and that many ported apps are causing issues for those ppl, so it's not a hardware issue, but a hug which they are aware of and fixing it soon.

Why is it that 90% of customers in other parts of the globe not having this issue and only a small amount of users in the USA only have the issue?

Very small issue not a huge issue means a bug.
    04-12-13 09:13 PM
    Well you being a IT world would and should know like I do that this is a OS bug for certain carriers and that many ported apps are causing issues for those ppl, so it's not a hardware issue, but a hug which they are aware of and fixing it soon.

Why is it that 90% of customers in other parts of the globe not having this issue and only a small amount of users in the USA only have the issue?

Very small issue not a huge issue means a bug.
    I agree, originally thought it was a software bug. Now we are seeing more failures after time passes,(not typical with software bugs) people returning them and getting ones that work, Blackberry telling people to return them and I believe someone in England saying that a repair center identifying the GPU as the problem.
    04-12-13 09:25 PM
    right now i am a little dissatisfied and considering returning the bb10 and just saying will my bb torch. i need group me for work and church and not able to get it on the bb10. and group me is and important app i need to communicate with work and church
    04-12-13 09:28 PM
    Fault the app developers for the lack of apps, BlackBerry does not control that part.
    As for trading down, then maybe you are more Windows8 phone, it beats your iPhone hands down.
    I would but no one wants to buy this phone from me. I'm guessing that's my fault because I'm not a good sales person.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:32 PM
    I have yet to see anyone with a Z10. This is in Toronto on the bus every weekday for school and University. I still would call it a success due to the fact that the company is still here and a lot of people are satisfied with the phone. Many people thought BB would be dead by now. Anyone else not see the z10 in the wild or is it just me?
    I live in NYC and take the subway everywhere. I try to spot not just the Z10 but BB in the wild and very rarely see one. I'd say it is probably 60% iPhone of various vintages, 25% Samsung of various vintages and 15% everything else.

When I go on business trips (recently Ohio, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Ontario and New Brunswick) I make a point of spotting devices particularly on flights. In the US, I see BB only when visiting clients who are longstanding BB customers (only one of my clients has proceeded with the Z10, 4 others have decided to wait for the Q10 before deciding to upgrade, 1 tested the Z10 and has decided not to take it as a device they will use, the rest of my clients (15-20) are more BYOD and there I almost never see BB products). I rarely see BB on flights or at airports. In Canada, I see a larger number of BBs especially among "suits" at airports or planes but rarely see BB with young people. The most common phone I see is the iPhone with the Samsung devices coming second. Of to Europe next week so we'll see what I see there.
    04-12-13 09:36 PM
    You should get all the iPhan's and Fandroid "Thanks" for that comment. Way to give a great boost to Blackberry,.. shee's are you a real Crackberry Genius. Makes me wonder???
    I agree with him and I have a z10, too! The numbers may get better. This device is no different than any other BlackBerry I've owned as owners wait for updates in the form of an OS. It's a 1st Generation device. No excuses, IMO based on the time until the actual release, But, because z10 still has unresolved issues, IMO, means QNX/BB10 was further behind than originally mentioned prior to the Thors era.
    04-12-13 09:39 PM
    Way to early to tell but I can tell u one thing i'm a professional sale person and by having the Blackberry hub I'm able to have all emails and notification in one spot and quickly reply, the key board is a must I'm able to text a lot more faster by swipe up the word that great battery life I get 9 to 9 battery life I'm a T-Mobile customer so I'm able to use the hot spot for free and download movie music and surf any where for a flat 70bucks no contract I don't see how any one would go with another service providers and waste monet on just 2g or even 5g I was a BlackBerry Bold 9900 user I don't see how would any one would return the z10 1-10 I would have to give this phone a 10+ and one more other thing seeing gs3 and all android user always charging the phone it make me laugh every 4hrs have to charge, blackberry go all day non stop, made for business mini hdmi got to love it plug right into my 70inch tv power point all of my sales gear

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-12-13 10:19 PM
    Yes I do, I love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:21 PM
    I would but no one wants to buy this phone from me. I'm guessing that's my fault because I'm not a good sales person.

Posted via CB10
    So you seriously thought that you would have as many apps for the Z10 as your Iphone??? You don't research anything before purchase???
    Blacklatino and mset like this.
    04-12-13 10:22 PM
    The Z10 is a very successful product for BlackBerry but not successful by the industry standards.
    Hardware wise is pure bliss! Software wise can get much better on ALL levels starting from core half finished apps all the way to the lack of major apps...

It may become the reference smartphone of the decade if BlackBerry sticks to the plan and do not divert even if sales are not as good as expected initially. Imho it will take about 18 months for the new BB10 platform to get established and once it does all the infidels will come running back !!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:46 PM
224 ... 56789