Lol. Certain phrases should lead to an auto time out.
    The tool not toy bit is one of them.
    Rude, man, rude.
    04-12-13 09:41 AM
    Rude, man, rude.
    How so? That line has no basis in reality, and even BlackBerry don't use it anymore.
    04-12-13 09:49 AM
    It is a success and will secure number 3 spot for them, behind Apple and Samsung.

The market is big and growing. BlackBerry will make a profit this year. Not so sure about next quarter with roll out expensives.

H.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:31 AM
    How so? That line has no basis in reality, and even BlackBerry don't use it anymore.
    Use what?
    My interpretation of the Z10 is that the phone is a tool first and second. You on the other hand is of course entitle to your own opinion.
    04-12-13 10:46 AM
    They barley sold 1 million in the first month and that's launching in markets that are considered their strongest.
    I didn't know BB was selling barley now; maybe they're diversifying into the beer business? =)
    04-12-13 10:48 AM
    YES!YES!YES!
    04-12-13 10:56 AM
    Yes absolutely BlackBerry did a great job with the z10. Lots of room for improvement though which is a good thing. This is just the beginning.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-12-13 10:59 AM
    Use what?
    My interpretation of the Z10 is that the phone is a tool first and second. You on the other hand is of course entitle to your own opinion.
    Use that line, tools not toys. BlackBerry contemplated it but don't use it anymore.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I am curious as to how you justify it?
    How is the Z10 more of a tool than, say, an Android device?
    Considering, aside from the UI, Android does customisation better, email better, has apps for banking, productivity tools, everything.
    How is the Z10 more of a tool?
    04-12-13 11:01 AM
    Who cares?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-12-13 11:26 AM
    If Blackberry remains profitable then the Z10 is successful.
    04-12-13 11:51 AM
    What many people sometimes overlook and call BlackBerry inferior to Samsung and Apple is that as of now, BlackBerry can NOT overtake them. The no. 3 spot is their best bet. BB10 came out at a time when Samsung has a very strong base, even Apple.
    As for the other app stuff, people flat out look at the whole surge of support. Despite many not even using most apps, that figure itself seems like a plus, and this is where people have left BlackBerry out. Though BlackBerry has managed a number of apps, what I just said was based on the reactions I've seen from people.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:03 PM
    We have read articles and news reports with very biased information on BlackBerry.
    What I find interesting is these are smaller firms releasing information without much substance. There is very little information if any to support their claims.
    I suggest we become a nation of "thinkers" again, make our founding fathers proud, and make decisions for ourselves instead of following the iPhone and Android users by allowing ourselves to be herded in masses towards a particular thought process.
    IMHO
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-12-13 12:05 PM
    It's unreal how many people around here don't seem to understand this one crucial fact about the business environment in which BBRY is trying to compete.

How many pointless posts have there been saying 'When the iPhone was released it had bugs and it didn't have very many apps and you couldn't even cut and paste' and 'you have to give it time, it's a brand new OS!!'. Could it be that these people actually don't understand that that's totally irrelevant now?
    I am not concerned with Apple's history vis-a-vis Apple iOS development issues. My concern is BlackBerry in the present day. I am happy to read that you agree the competitive environment is quite different today than during the early years of Apple iOS.
    04-12-13 12:10 PM
    How can you love the storm Buddy? It was the phone which took RIM into the downward curve.
    04-12-13 12:17 PM
    Use that line, tools not toys. BlackBerry contemplated it but don't use it anymore.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I am curious as to how you justify it?
    How is the Z10 more of a tool than, say, an Android device?
    Considering, aside from the UI, Android does customisation better, email better, has apps for banking, productivity tools, everything.
    How is the Z10 more of a tool?
    The answer is The Hub, which Android lack.
    And I had no idea that BB had that line "tools not toys", since the Z10 is my first BB.
    04-12-13 12:27 PM
    I am not concerned with Apple's history vis-a-vis Apple iOS development issues.
    Nor am I. I meant that Blackberry's present day state of readiness is explained away by citing Apple's first efforts with the iPhone, something that doesn't make any sense to me.
    04-12-13 12:29 PM
    BB10 was RIM's last chance to be relevant in the smart phone market, by the end of 2011 with the PlayBook disaster, RIM was pretty much dead in the waters, their phones could not compete with the iPhone or Android phones. But with the release of Z10, they're back in the game quite favorably! The Z10 saved the day for BBRY, I would call that a success.
    04-12-13 12:32 PM
    Sales figures...seriously.....how many have you seen in the wild?, how well is your local carrier promoting the Z10, how many posters have you seen, how many accessories does your local carrier or any store for that matter have, its obvious in my opinion just by being observant and not blind to the real USA world .....but I love my Z10 because I'm a Blackberry fan, but I'm not BLIND....are you?
    This guy knows what's up. Level minded individual that also happened to purchase a BB.
    04-12-13 12:33 PM
    The answer is The Hub, which Android lack.
    And I had no idea that BB had that line "tools not toys", since the Z10 is my first BB.
    I agree the Hub is a good feature.
    I think some people might want more business features which BB10 lacks, especially proper, reliable email.

You came up with the line BlackBerry used in their ads all by yourself! You should try and get on their marketing team!!! I'm sure someone got paid a lot of money to come up with that
    04-12-13 12:55 PM
    I agree the Hub is a good feature.
    I think some people might want more business features which BB10 lacks, especially proper, reliable email.
    '
    I have three accounts on mine, works as a charm.

You came up with the line BlackBerry used in their ads all by yourself! You should try and get on their marketing team!!! I'm sure someone got paid a lot of money to come up with that
    I actually do work in PR/Marketing.
    04-12-13 01:11 PM
    I actually flipped someone off in church for trying to be a smartazz about why buy a BlackBerry. LOL. Just so happens my wife and her father(....my pastor) happen to see the hand finger signal. Anyway, unless Verizon, and T-Mobile are selling them. At&t just don't give a ish. Here's what I can back up:

* Greeted at the door by a CS. Nice kid. Actually opened the door for me. While the other sat there reading a newspaper.
    * No signs or advertisement....like Verizon.
    * No display model to review.
    * Went to the back(supply room) to get the display model
    * Started charging it up in front of me.
    * After 5 min review- bought the stores complete stock of "1" unit.
    * 30 mins later, returned to the store and ordered my wife a z10....since I bought them out. LOL That was March 30th.
    * To date, no calls informing me of the z10. So, now she wants to see the Q10.

Point being, even as awesome as this "1st Generation" BlackBerry and new Platform is......BlackBerry will have problems selling units there until at&t can get it together.

So, Successful....Meh. Not yet. Maybe the numbers will tell a different story.

04-12-13 02:03 PM
    If it's a fact then you won't mind showing us the sales figures as evidence.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

If we have to ask for sales figures, then it's not successful.

It's a great phone. The phone I choose to pay $500+ outright for. It's the phone for me.

However, I wouldn't consider it successful, at least not in the US. I guesstimate about 8 out of 10 people I come across don't even know BBRY has a new phone out, and most people are just surprised they're still around.

That being said... It will be. Time is always the key ingredient.
    04-12-13 02:21 PM
    Depends on your definition of successful
    Exactly! The Z10 is successful to me. By far, it is the best Blackberry device I have every used. I am astonished by it's abilities; I am equally astonished by the power and eloquence of the OS. If you would have asked me five years ago if Blackberry would ever release an OS that is graphically pleasing, intuitive, and easy to understand, I would have answered with a resounding "no". And yet look at what we have now. I am flabbergasted at the people who criticize the phone for being too difficulty to use - if your too stupid to figure out how to move your finger from the bottom of the phone to the top to unlock it then you have bigger issues to worry about. But I digress...

Games? I used to answer with "no, I can't play games on my phone as it's a blackberry". That's no longer the case. BT joysticks? HDMI out? DLNA? Controlling my laptop? Sending files from my phone to display on televisions or LCD projectors wirelessly and easily without fussing around with installing special software that may or may not work or may open one up to viruses and so forth? NFC capabilities? I can now do all of that now on a Blackberry phone. Again, if someone told me that five years ago I would be able to do that on a Blackberry device, I would have laughed at them for being insane.

In short, this is quite possibly the first Blackberry device I have purchased - and I have purchased a lot - that, looking back on my purchase, I have no regrets; no second-thoughts; and no doubts that maybe I should just packed it in, admitted defeat, and moved on to another platform. This is the first Blackberry device that I am dam* proud to own. And that is how I define success.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-12-13 03:43 PM
    I haven't seen ANYONE with the Z10.
    Not ONE. :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:48 PM
    I haven't seen ANYONE with the Z10.
    Not ONE. :-(

Posted via CB10
    where do you live because I'm in southern ontario in canada and insee them everywhere
    04-12-13 04:25 PM
224 ... 45678 ...