It could be if the proper advertising would be used. I only have experience for the US and I don't know how everywhere else is doing things.
    04-12-13 02:30 AM
    Damn successful in spite of poor advertising in carrier's stores. And the more people see them in use the better it will be. Sell like hell!
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-12-13 03:05 AM
    It's a fail for me. I would never have become a loyal BB user if this had been my first BB - way too buggy, not intuitive, has required 2 replacement handsets, one replacement sim, still can't get Twitter, calendar posting and BBM to work regularly and I've spent hundreds of hours on this site trying to solve problems that should have been fixed prior to shipping. I never even read the manual on any previous BBs, I just got on with figuring it all out intuitively.
    alamor alamor likes this.
    04-12-13 04:23 AM
    I've had some kind of Blackberry device for several years, and I really like their products with all of their shortcomings. I purchased the Z10 via pre order with Verizon on release day, I like the Z10 a lot, its a welcomed difference compared to the older BlackBerry devices, for ME it is a success, and maybe other parts of the world, but as far as the US is concerned, It just isn't, as much as I would like it to be and like Blackberry to be successful in the US, I wouldn't consider it to be. Now as for seeing any carrier product sales reports or any physical evidence .....NO, I haven't seen anything, but what I have seen is the lack of carrier support on promoting the Z10. To all of the negative responses to my earlier post in this thread, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-12-13 04:28 AM
    It all comes down to. Are you a share holder or a consumer.

I am a consumer. I bought this phone because......I don't know why I bought it. I could've bought GS3. But since I used a blackberry from work and have BBM I said why not. It all comes down to the consumers needs or wants. It fulfills my needs and first time I've used a touch screen keyboard that I like. And my wants? Well I want a lot of things this phone to do and all will happen in due time. "Fingers and toes crossed"

I am not a share holder but a friend is. From his point of view. Or any share holder no matter what product RIM or BlackBerry releases, must do good because Money and profit is involved.

Seeing banter between users I beg to ask who is a consumer. And who actually has money riding on this horse?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:45 AM
    I think the Z10 is a compelling product for existing BlackBerry users and those interesting in experiencing the features of BB10. As to whether it is a successful product, that remains to be seen. In fact, this may be an ongoing question until after the release of the Q10.

Since the Z10 is BlackBerry's first release of a device after some time and BB10 is a new OS, consumers will need sufficient reason to invest in both aspects of the experience for the next two years of their contract renewal. So far that hasn't been the case as negative feedback from the press and end users continue. But this is why BlackBerry needs to focus more on better apps and software updates. I think that by so doing the Z10 can be a satisfying experience, and that is success for BlackBerry in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    web99 and j21jam6 like this.
    04-12-13 05:10 AM
    The Z10 needed to have a 1080p screen with some stupid crazy ppi, it needed to have 1.7ghz or more, hell 2.0ghz, and it needed to pay whatever it cost to get Netflix and Instagram....
    This expresses the very attitude which may be responsible for BlackBerry not having these apps. Netflix is strapped for cash, and your approach spread across many users is a clear signal that third party developers can demand whatever ransom they wish. Add to the consideration that two of the owners/developers are commercial competitors and it is a clear indication how they can impose serious harm on their competitor. It wouldn't come as a surprise to hear that license and development fees demanded for each app could calculate out against predicted sales >$100 per device manufactured.

There are limits to what is commercially reasonable.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    04-12-13 05:47 AM
    I love my Z10! No matter what others say. It's very convenient for me!

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-12-13 06:03 AM
    This expresses the very attitude which may be responsible for BlackBerry not having these apps. Netflix is strapped for cash, and your approach spread across many users is a clear signal that third party developers can demand whatever ransom they wish. Add to the consideration that two of the owners/developers are commercial competitors and it is a clear indication how they can impose serious harm on their competitor. It wouldn't come as a surprise to hear that license and development fees demanded for each app could calculate out against predicted sales >$100 per device manufactured.

There are limits to what is commercially reasonable.
    While this is true to a point I've got little to no sympathy for BlackBerry in many regards.
    We as users are now dependent on Gmail to provide proper apps or sync options for mail. People say don't blame BlackBerry, blame Google.
    BlackBerry had their own email service, instead of developing this into a better service with calendar and contact options, they chose to abandon it completely. Then whinge about Google.
    BBM was one of the original chat apps. Instead of developing it into a cross platform king, they say on it. Services like WhatsApp and Skype grew and viber.
    Then we are left begging for these services to come to bb10. If they developed their own service, BBM, none of us would be begging. BlackBerry would be in a better position.

Wherever they've had a chance to reduce their reliance on others and develop their own services they've taken the opposite option and made us more dependent on these other services. Then they have to be prepared to pay whatever it takes to get these services on board as they do not offer an alternative.

The BlackBerry advantages like bis are not even optional on their new devices, so we are left hoping for onavo or summat similar to fill the gap.

No sympathy, I blame no one but BlackBerry, they made their own daft choices.
    I'd much rather have bis, and BlackBerry branded email chat and contacts, with cross platform BBM, than whatever qnx is supposed to have brought to the party. And a track pad. What I wouldn't give for a trackpad...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:05 AM
    Sales people just don't sell it. It's not advertised. IF you see a TV commercial, it's lame, at best.
    ZERO carrier support. It's actually pretty pathetic. Not sure who's being complacent, carriers or BBRY, but nobody knows about it.
    04-12-13 06:39 AM
    So true Bobauckland. Worst thing was that none of this was communicated clearly. It was left to us to figure out that we needed now to create Gmail accounts if we wanted basic things we'd taken for granted for a decade - like calendars and contacts - to work. And then getting Gmail to even work turned out to be a nightmare. Utter chaos.
    04-12-13 06:40 AM
    Blackberry is aiming to a stable market to make ground. The are still number 3 and they make a stand with the Z10. I compared photo's with the iphone 5 and the HTC One X and Z10 is sharper and has more depth. The mobile is not a very cute one like HTC ONE but the OS is almost the same as android and Apple with some very clever extra to make it easier for the user. I also love the keyboard and it much more advanced then android or apple keyboards in use. Your Question is this enough i have say NO because there is more work to do this summer for blackberry. I think they aiming for a 8% market and without the US because the fight and competition is dirty and the fact they try is good but it's not there most important market so every sale in one. Blackberry is back with a good OS but not back on the market but they pushing. It will get better if there are more mobils with os 10.
    04-12-13 07:01 AM
    It is MUCH too early to ask this question. It's like asking who's going to win a hockey game 5 minutes into the first period. It is a brand new OS that needs time to develop in the hands of users. Be patient or use something else while waiting, that is a personal choice.
    ErinnM and web99 like this.
    04-12-13 07:13 AM
    I work at T mobile and I sold 5 so far and I've been seeing others come in my store with the z10 very happy about it there ex blackberry users through no cross platform users but I think it's a good device if all remember our older blackberry dint even have the apps that it do today so we was perfectly fine back then I don't see the difference now
    04-12-13 07:18 AM
    You know, I sarcastically posted a "No..." earlier in this thread, but that's not really so. I believe for BlackBerry to release a new device so totally "un-BlackBerry-ish" in the midst of such an aggressive smartphone world market shows some gigantic courage. It's a well built & very attractive piece of hardware, with an OS that, although it needs maturing, is boldly unique and will develop new devotees.

Successful? Time will tell if OS10 & the Z10 release will be enough to propel BB back into the smartphone limelight...but as far as their succeeding at doing something genuinely different & doing it uniquely BlackBerry...it has been very successful already!

I'm starting to get bored with my iPhone again...so I might give the Z10 another shot after a few OS updates bring some key features & needed tweaks into play...
    04-12-13 07:20 AM
    I work at T mobile and I sold 5 so far and I've been seeing others come in my store with the z10 very happy about it there ex blackberry users through no cross platform users but I think it's a good device if all remember our older blackberry dint even have the apps that it do today so we was perfectly fine back then I don't see the difference now
    Yeah that's what people don't seem to be keeping in mind. I find the app situation is already almost as good (and better in some areas) after a couple of months than after years on OS7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-12-13 07:22 AM
    I call BB Z10 "THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE WORLD"
    Even if you go to a shop that carry Z10, you can never learn what it can or cannot do ! It is that funny.
    I think the new directors of Blackberry Canada are sworn Iphone and Samsung supporters. That's what I can think if you do anything to NOT SELL your phone....
    04-12-13 08:34 AM
    Yes I love it!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:35 AM
    Blackberry has delivered a tool and not a toy and in that regard they have been very successful.
    04-12-13 08:41 AM
    The launch was terrible... Marketing sucked... Phone/OS is fairly good.. But feature and app parity are missing and in order to complete in today's market you must come with a much better effort than the Z10....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    04-12-13 08:59 AM
    Blackberry has delivered a tool and not a toy and in that regard they have been very successful.
    Lol. Certain phrases should lead to an auto time out.
    The tool not toy bit is one of them.
    TWISM, Dgree03 and jdhooghe like this.
    04-12-13 09:01 AM
    Lots of blather here. The Z, and Q with more BB traditional keyboard, are each slick phones as wrapped by OS10. BUT BlackBerry must approach a match or even surpass, at some point, the best models of Samdroid, Apple, or both if only for a month or two. After the "First to have Everythings" and those very "Patient BlackBerry or Die" users finally get the product promised long ago, we shall get to the real meat. The proof will be in the pudding of units shipped this summer (and remember the last official reports have a Win8 phone also ahead of BB). It is clear from early reports, however, that the Z will not be a sales mega phenomena ... so baby steps for now, might still be okay so long as simply trending upward and if the Z can garner good technical reviews.

Yet, it's probably a week or two early to judge with certainty, but if indeed early sales for Z are down then the Q must somehow (thru keyboard demand?!) have extraordinary early sales. Frankly, I think that BlackBerry should have introduced the Z wiith near give-away pricing simply to re-acquire market share (before new Apple and Sam phone intros) and thereby position itself for a few years from now...but then I understand the likely short term accounting nightmare to explain such strategy by a publicly traded company.

Notwithstanding, there can be little "sales learning curve," or expectation of second life for these new BB phones. BlackBerry will not be given the same time/excuse given Apple or Samdroid to correct its errors...nor should BB (or Microsoft) as being a late entrant. The one exception to soon come is plenty of comparisons with Apple & Samsung intro sales. ...If not selling in the multiple millions every month this summer through September, then the rebirth of BlackBerry is in jeopardy and thereby expect BB (behind the scenes) to reposition itself to "bail" for its patents and runoff value to a leveraging suiter or for a pocket change purchase by a mega (which itself likely will take a couple years).

Therefore BB: Fix the missing important Apps fast. [Note: Understand that it may be too late here...If BB didn't realize need for "Core Apps" that drive consumer perception, if not genuine need, and thereby longer-term sales (also returns and product reviews) by negotiating with app providers in advance, then well ...again...zuch decision speaks for itself and no more be said about the u"new" BB mgmt.]

BB: Fix the "most deadly" OP system errors by end of July. And please don't even consider "porting over" your best internal talent to chase, or complete, other contracts therein leaving the half-baked Z and Q user (and potential new user) to flounder.

Thank you to those CB supporters that supply resolutions to user technical questions. Other than some prodding of BlackBerry corporate, any CB initiated support-clarifications on the Z/Q/OS10 technical issues will pay better dividends to the LT welfare of BB than mindless bickering, rants, or blind flag waving.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 06-10-13 at 01:31 PM.
    leftypepper716 and j21jam6 like this.
    04-12-13 09:01 AM
    The BlackBerry Z10 is a tool and a toy wrapped eloquently into a well-engineered platform. Unfortunately, BlackBerry seems to have failed to learn that a new product line must be sufficiently close to perfect out of the gate. The hardware is top notch but the system software lacks much of the functionality we came to rely heavily upon in earlier BlackBerry smartphones.

To the person saying BBM is inferior to PIN-TO-PIN messaging... How is it inferior? I am seriously curious about your reasoning.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    mset likes this.
    04-12-13 09:05 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Is your CB handle a reference to the 6502 microprocessor?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 09:09 AM
    The BlackBerry Z10 is a tool and a toy wrapped eloquently into a well-engineered platform. Unfortunately, BlackBerry seems to have failed to learn that a new product line must be sufficiently close to perfect out of the gate.
    It's unreal how many people around here don't seem to understand this one crucial fact about the business environment in which BBRY is trying to compete.

How many pointless posts have there been saying 'When the iPhone was released it had bugs and it didn't have very many apps and you couldn't even cut and paste' and 'you have to give it time, it's a brand new OS!!'. Could it be that these people actually don't understand that that's totally irrelevant now?
    04-12-13 09:21 AM
224 ... 34567 ...