Well you don't know the difference between a fact and fiction. I am still waiting for the facts from you on sales information.
    Same. But if you look earlier in the thread I've already tried and it's like getting blood from a stone. He just refuses to admit that he misrepresented his opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 08:44 PM
    The blackberry z10 is a solid phone. No it isn't the iphone killer or galaxy killer but who cares. I give them credit for how far they have come in the past year. I sold my iphone 5 for my Z10 and I love it. People need to stop caring what everyone else thinks and just use the device they like best. This is just as bad as the should I use a case or not use a case threads

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:57 PM
    Whats up Dc, the newbie called me ignorant......imagine that
    You called him a kid and treating him as an answer....
    I would have backed you up and i even reported his comment as soon as i saw it.. but going after him like that was just childish. If you believe that you are the adult in a conversation, act like it!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:26 PM
    For me, the jury is out on the Z10.

I was hoping it would be a slam dunk success. One that every BB-user could rally around and cheer on. Sadly, that hasn't been the case. Far too many missing pieces, far too many question marks for my liking.

The promise and the idea are great but the base product and the reality are barely "good" and far from my threshold for "great".

Battery life -- yes, yes, better with the OS update but after a month, I can hardly get 6 hours of moderate use in. My average is 5 1/2 hours of moderate use.

Missing major apps (Skype, Google maps, Instagram, etc) -- already addressed ad nauseum on other threads...suffice it to say, it's the pits.

Missing traditional Blackberry pluses (eg. pin-to-pin, speed of email delivery).

Poor integration of entertainment content (not as seamless as iTunes or Google Store).

The hub is a great tool in comparison to what is available, the browser is good in comparison to what is available.

So is it a successful product? It could be but the clock is ticking.

One of my clients (international law/consulting firm with 1,200 partners + associates) saw me with my Z10 this week and arranged for me to speak with the head of IT as they had delayed their refresh program from the fall for the firm's partners/associates in anticipation of the Z10. The head of IT had been trying the Z10 for the past month but wanted to speak with another real live user for feedback. He has been an exclusive BB user and the firm is generally more favorable to BB due to security concerns. He always tried a product out before deploying them firm-wide as he didn't want the headache of partners/associates complaining about a product so everything passed through him. When my key client contact saw me using the Z10, he wanted me to touch base with their IT guy so as to allow for some comparison. Suffice it to say that he was far from complimentary and for many of the same reasons that I've cited. They don't care so much about apps but many of the partners apparently like Google Maps so that is a big draw back (I did say that Google Maps worked pretty well on the browser but apparently not good enough for him). He was most concerned about lack of pin-to-pin as he felt that the lawyers and consultants weren't too keen on BBM for business use. He also didn't feel that the partners would take to the keyboard but even with the Q10, he was concerned about OS issues and deficiencies.

So, a success? Sadly, definitely a "no go" for the Z10 for them until more work is done and more tweaks are completed. BUT, BB doesn't lose anything as a result since the firm is likely to proceed with their delayed refresh by continuing with the BB Bold for partners. So, in the end, BB still wins but when a firm of professionals like this, most of whom already use the BB gives a thumbs down to Z10, it's really tough to call the Z10 a success.
    Last edited by NYC10065; 04-11-13 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Typos
    04-11-13 09:26 PM
    Often times, the "success" of a product is more a function of impression and marketing and business strategy. Look at VHS vs. BETA, as one example. BETA was a far better platform than VHS ever was, but the marketing and business-move war was won by JVC (VHS) for reasons not particularly pertinent to describe here.

is the Z10 a successful product? In my mind, it is---physically. Now, without good marketing strategies, advertising, and a created "mystique" surrounding the product, it will not be a BUSINESS success.

IMHO, BB won the physical hardware battle with the Z10 (I love mine), and is losing the business and marketing war. Plenty of threads discussing what could best be described as a "fail" on the marketing and sales front via itself and its vendors. I have seen a total of 1 blackberry commercial in the last month as an example. Local Retailers relegate it to the leper colony of the store way back in the corner, and choose to not even consider it a viable alternative--- Maybe understandable, but certainly not helpful, or a pathway to success, to be sure.

Is it a successful product ( at this snapshot in time)? Physically "Yes". Otherwise "No". If BB doesn't get off the back of their fronts and start convincing the public that they actually WANT this to be a business success, this could well go the way of the MAC (no offence to MAC users) : Overall an excellent platform, good OS, stable, and by all measures a better machine than an IBM compatible. HOWEVER, arrogant attitudes, poor business (licensing decisions, or lack thereof) moves on the part of Apple relegated it to be a small part of the overall computing world in terms of "machines in service" (raw numbers don't lie). Again, not bashing MACs. They are good machines, probably the best. If Jobs had licensed his product years ago (again, a business decision he made), things would be flipped around today IMHO. We would all be running MAC and Intel would be the "odd man out".

I am afraid BB may be going down the "MAC road" if they don't address the OTHER side of the equation, and SOON.

Just my $0.05. No hard feelings, I hope.
    niss63 and j21jam6 like this.
    04-11-13 09:39 PM
    Started reading comments and didn't even get to second page there was already arguments haha!!!

Success is a too broad question... Let's say I plan to sale 2 phone and sold them both... it is a success to what I wanted to accomplish... So only Blackberry can really tell us if it's a success. It doesn't matter how much they sold... it matters how much they invest, and how much they profit and what's their net income...
    But I think you are asking, have we sold that many compare to Iphone or Samsung... No, not even close, not anytime soon that's for sure... I think Blackberry knew that too since they haven't been sending many phones to the stores. The day I got my z10 (released date Tmobile), they only had 10 z10 to begin... They did end up selling 8, and there was 5 hours left to closing... On that day the z10 made a success...

Also they are getting back their lost fans from other smartphones to in final... Yes it is a success... Not a big one but definitely one worth mentioning..
    04-11-13 09:43 PM
    " you are so right" people are stupid and any learning curve can throw them in to a panic.
    Agree. Decent sales are expected and a success for now. All in all, the Q wasn't launched yet. I see people from the the US asking for it all the time on BlackBerry's Facebook. So we need to give it more time before judging overall success as well.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-11-13 09:55 PM
    Success? It's relative
    Not from the company's perspective, it's not. The userbase has been declining. It likely won't stop right away (kind of like a train) but they need to see stabilization. Next, the company must be consistently profitable. They must keep up with R & D without incurring huge amounts of debt. I believe they're still sitting on cash so that should be fine. Last, if the stock is trading at $4 a year from now, that's not a success.

I know two people who have one, both BBRY users before the Z10.
    04-11-13 09:58 PM
    I am happy with the Z10, so that makes it a successful product. I don't care about how many other people like it as much as I do.
    livejam and Strikkie like this.
    04-11-13 10:02 PM
    i've been using for 6 days now. the first 3 days, i wanna smashed the phone because i feel like a toddler learning how to walk. the 5th day, i started to love it. but...i believe in Indonesia ( that's where i live) i doubt it's gonna be successful because :
    1. the price too high ( we dont have luxury like US cheap contract), i bought mine for USD 650 without contract
    2. in indonesia BB BIS plan is super cheap, every provider sell unlimited data plan range from USD 6-9/month, since Z10 not using BIS anymore...go figure, i lost 1Giga bite without knowing in less than 1 day

not that i care, successful or not, i love Z10
    04-11-13 10:05 PM
    I do actually. Not everyone has an iphone or s3.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:14 PM
    I am in Waterloo I don't see to many people with them. But the numbers clearly show the phone was a success from an economical stand point. In my opinion it is also a large success within the hardware department; the z 10 is simply stunning.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:17 PM
    Honestly there are two sides to this. I'm here in India and I saw on the CB forums that quite many Indians did take to the Z10. One of my friends owns one. BlackBerry reported that it had to boost productions by 40% for India, given that it was sold out everywhere. I do believe this, if not all of it. I visited multiple BlackBerry stores and none had it readily available. The unit I have was actually reserved for someone else, but since they weren't responding, the shopkeeper allowed me to buy it. That being said, I have barely seen any Z10 owners up front and personal, AT ALL. I've had this phone since nearly a month now, but I'm that duration I haven't seen anyone else with it.
    All in all, I have seen interest from some people I know. I think it's too early to tell yet. In the long run, when more variety of BB10 phones are released, I guess the base will strengthen. They aren't going in just for the rise of the Z10, it's the BB10 OS that needs to be spread. For those that say it's a failure thus far, look, rain in the morning never means there won't be sunshine later on in the day.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:19 PM
    The lengths to which Apple minions will go to run down the Blackberry brand. Wonder what it is that you are so worried about that you feel the need to join Crackberry for the sole purpose of pissing on the Z10? Unbelievable.
    04-11-13 10:22 PM
    Based on the fact that the Z10 was not in my opinion introduced in a way that would be conducive to major sales in the US, and the luke warm carrier responses as well as the bias of the tech journals and bean counters, I would consider the phone a complete success. Even with all the "Issues" we keep reading about.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:22 PM
    Agree completely.
    04-11-13 10:24 PM
    I say yes. For being the first one is pretty neat. I was in a AT&T store just now and there were some youngsters they hovered over the galaxy S3 the Z10 was next to it but it was off with no images or no formal of advertising at all. They went straight for the super cool iPhone 5 display. And then left saying we can't use any of those phones. I stopped them right there on the exit and told them. You just said you can't try any phone? I immediately went to the z10 and showed them mine. Grabbing some quick ideas from the Showoff app I showed them the time shift by making one of them blink a lot and fixing the closed eyes they were all instantly mind blown. I showed them the hub, the keyboard and Story Maker one of the girls was telling her boyfriend " I so want this phone you gotta get me this phone or else " They asked me if the iPhone 5 was better and I made an honest comparison. At the end they were like but hey that's the I Phone 5 and one of them says yeah but this(Z10) is god! After that I said goodbye and they just walked out mind blown with happy faces.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:42 PM
    I would say YES! It has only been on the market for 2 months, with a brand new OS, it's amazing already and it's only going to get better. It is extremely fast and fluid with last year type specs which speaks volumes to the effiiciency of this OS.
    04-11-13 11:41 PM
    I love it, and I hope it brings me success!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:48 PM
    Absolutely. I think the Z10's a success. Everyone in my family wants one... Hmmm except maybe for my hubby and my mom who are waiting for the Q10.
    04-11-13 11:58 PM
    This threat is not about the US, it's about sales all around the world, don't try to make this about the US only as if it was the only country that matters. if the first bulletin shows 1 million sold in UK and Canada in only 3 weeks, wait and see the next bulletin now that the Z10 is launching worldwide !!
    04-12-13 12:09 AM
    Even in the emerging markets, I heard that the Z10 isnt selling too well either due to such expensive cost, and since the price is comparable to the iphone 5, people would rather get the iphone instead :S
    04-12-13 12:22 AM
    I have yet to see anyone with a Z10. This is in Toronto on the bus every weekday for school and University. I still would call it a success due to the fact that the company is still here and a lot of people are satisfied with the phone. Many people thought BB would be dead by now. Anyone else not see the z10 in the wild or is it just me?
    04-12-13 02:08 AM
    Was in lift with neighbour. And we both realised each had a z10 and even though we didn't speak to each other there was a quiet acknowledgment

Many people are actually quite aware of it imo to the point of actually knowing that it is called a z10 and many do ask if they should get it so, I think it is going well!!! At least ppl are interested and not being dismissive!!!

We do forget that the majority of phone users are not fanboys and are most likely to go for the latest offering etc.

But for those audience I think apps are a major drawback. Even if they don't use many apps it is the thought of it that will turn off people.

Quality of phone itself - I'd say it is a major success and despite certain missing features I'm pretty impressed at how well made the rest of the phone is!!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:18 AM
    I had my hopes up for Verizon to push the Z10 harder, but it seems they are not. I was the first in the door to buy one on VZW launch day and there was only one other person buying one. This is exactly what happened when I got my Torch 9850. I never saw another one until I went on a trip to Australia and I saw one sitting on the center console of a work truck.

One hopeful thing is the VZW commercial where the vacationing employee hangs up on her boss after they do a screen share. People at work were actually talking about how funny it was. I work at a very big bank and we only allow BlackBerry phones to be used for business purposes, but they have yet to approve the phone for use on our network. Once they do, they will sell thousands to our employees, most likely the Q10. I hope the 90 day email limitation gets fixed soon so that isn't an issue.
    04-12-13 02:24 AM
224 ... 23456 ...