The sales may not be huge, but with the release of the Q10 and the actual profit they made in Q4 the company is headed in the right direction!
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-11-13 07:12 PM
    I have been a HUGE blackberry fan since my first blackberry phone (curve 8900) from 2009...I since brought the 9800, brought my wife the 9700....I then brought the 9860...I then brought the bold 9000 off ebay and used that for a while. Oh and let me not forget about the PB. Did I mention that I love blackberry.

I wanted a long time for blackberry 10 but in the end I couldn't see spending 200 bucks for the Z10. Blackberry is truly behind its competitors. The Z10 needed to be a phone on steroids not vitamins, and blackberry fell short of that. I new its a new platform....I know.....I know.....but that's no ones fault but blackberry. I brought the Droid DNA and after 2 days with the phone I understand why my friends and family laughed at me for sticking with BB for so long. Being a critical care nurse I use a lot of medical apps, blackberry always had few if none of the apps that I needed but I stuck with the phone because....well I loved and wanted to support the brand. When I started installing apps on the DNA...I was truly pissed that blackberry didn't give me this experience.

I know will get slammed for this post but I really don't care.....because I truly want blackberry to dominate, but they won't with this **** they are pulling. The Z10 needed to have a 1080p screen with some stupid crazy ppi, it needed to have 1.7ghz or more, hell 2.0ghz, and it needed to pay whatever it cost to get Netflix and Instagram....The truth is, average folks don't give a **** about security....they don't....I know they should, but they don't....

I'm so mad that I can't go any further.....but I'm mad because I want BB to crush everyone.....and they let me down....I know, who gives a **** what I think...and I know everyone will say, its not for everyone.....but BB can't afford this kind of talk, they can't.... I will continue to support BB via PB....and in 2 years if the platform is ready I will be one of the first to by one, but after this...I am very, very skeptical.
    Kevin......the next time you interview Vivek or Gadeway...give them hell about specs, and creating a true super phone....Oh Kevin the next time you talk to Sauders......give him hell about apps. Blackberry should have all the supers apps that other phones have plus native super, super apps, nothing less. Ok let the hate begin.
    Sent from by Blackberry Playbook......
    I totally agree with every word, I too am huge BlackBerry fan. Never owned any other. Literally had arguments with people defending BlackBerry pre launch that they will survive. Don't get me wrong I love my Z10, but let's face it, it is a spec war. I don't care if the os doesn't need high specs to run efficient, but the general public sure does, I personally don't care if I have Netflix, shype or the other big names, BUT The masses do care about big apps and big specs. To that I say BlackBerry dropped the ball in wowing Joe public to spend the $. Nothing at launch of z10 turned there heads. It did mine cause I'm a long time fan boy, and most sales will be to people like me

Posted from my amazing Z10
    ihys likes this.
    04-11-13 07:16 PM
    Report yourself for calling someone ignorant for their opinion
    What's with all the negativity bro?

Posted via White Z10
    04-11-13 07:20 PM
    Depends o. Your definition of success. Personally I think they delivered a great product - which I define as a type of success. If you mean in terms of sales, we will have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:21 PM
    Erinn....they really can't have people saying that.....There is no doubt in my mind that they can over take Apple and Samsung....no doubt, my question is what the hell are they waiting one.....Jesus!...There is no reason why the Z10 could not have been the super phone of all super phone.....did they not see the mock ups that were submitted here on crackberry.....The Justice and the HTK (I think that's the name) those phones looks awesome.....please help me Erinn....I don't understand....I really don't.....
    04-11-13 07:22 PM
    The sales may not be huge, but with the release of the Q10 and the actual profit they made in Q4 the company is headed in the right direction!
    Headed in the right direction?? Do you not realize that the use to be the top smartphone maker. If the Z10 was the original touch screen Storm ( that was supposed to be the iphone killer) then BlackBerry would not be where they are having to climb there way back.

04-11-13 07:23 PM
    Dwane.....me and the guy at Radio Shack almost went to blows last year Dec.....I was telling him that blackberry is the end all to smart phones, I was defending them at every turn....because I just knew that BB10 was going to be a monster....He was looking at me like I was crazy....and know I understand why, finally he said..."well I hope it's everything you say it is" imagine how stupid I feel now.....I wont even go back in that store. Dwane.....If I didn't love the brand so much I wouldn't care....I don't know what to say man.....
    04-11-13 07:28 PM
    Oh yaaaah ( in my kool aid guy voice)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:29 PM
    Erinn....they really can't have people saying that.....There is no doubt in my mind that they can over take Apple and Samsung....no doubt, my question is what the hell are they waiting one.....Jesus!...There is no reason why the Z10 could not have been the super phone of all super phone.....did they not see the mock ups that were submitted here on crackberry.....The Justice and the HTK (I think that's the name) those phones looks awesome.....please help me Erinn....I don't understand....I really don't.....
    Let's be honest here, the Z10 should have been BlackBerry first touch screen. Not the storm, too arogant for too long. Now they are fighting to survive, and yes the Justice would have been nice

04-11-13 07:31 PM
    Dwane.....me and the guy at Radio Shack almost went to blows last year Dec.....I was telling him that blackberry is the end all to smart phones, I was defending them at every turn....because I just knew that BB10 was going to be a monster....He was looking at me like I was crazy....and know I understand why, finally he said..."well I hope it's everything you say it is" imagine how stupid I feel now.....I wont even go back in that store. Dwane.....If I didn't love the brand so much I wouldn't care....I don't know what to say man.....
    I love it too, and I love my Z10 but getting a little tired of defending BlackBerry

04-11-13 07:33 PM
    The Verizon rep here in CT who sold me mine last week said they have sold quite a few of them and some of the people who bought them were bringing their friends back into the store to see it. I had some very specific pre-purchase questions about the Z10 and he was very helpful. Even the manager and another rep came over to help and they were really trying to help answer my questions and kept mentioning things they learned from the Blackberry rep who came to train them. They were even grateful for the things that I knew about the phone that they didn't. We were talking about the Z10 and the Playbook, which I also have. They were extremely helpful and seemed to really like the phone. It was a really good experience. I really love my new phone.
    04-11-13 07:37 PM
    Simple answer ...NO, not successful in the USA.....PERIOD. It is what it it is. Fact not fiction.
    and where is your proof... sorry but i don't believe your fact. until there is some substantiated proof..like when bb releases there numbers for q1... untill then you don't know PERIOD ... WE WANT FACTS NOT YOUR FICTION..
    04-11-13 07:42 PM
    What's with all the negativity bro?

Posted via White Z10
    Whats up Dc, the newbie called me ignorant......imagine that
    04-11-13 07:44 PM
    Success may refer to:
    - a level of social status
    - achievement of a goal
    - the opposite of failure

Failure is the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, and may be viewed as the opposite of success.

If there are happy users of the Z10....could we really call it a failure?
    04-11-13 07:54 PM
    I have been a HUGE blackberry fan since my first blackberry phone (curve 8900) from 2009...I since brought the 9800, brought my wife the 9700....I then brought the 9860...I then brought the bold 9000 off ebay and used that for a while. Oh and let me not forget about the PB. Did I mention that I love blackberry.

I wanted a long time for blackberry 10 but in the end I couldn't see spending 200 bucks for the Z10. Blackberry is truly behind its competitors. The Z10 needed to be a phone on steroids not vitamins, and blackberry fell short of that. I new its a new platform....I know.....I know.....but that's no ones fault but blackberry. I brought the Droid DNA and after 2 days with the phone I understand why my friends and family laughed at me for sticking with BB for so long. Being a critical care nurse I use a lot of medical apps, blackberry always had few if none of the apps that I needed but I stuck with the phone because....well I loved and wanted to support the brand. When I started installing apps on the DNA...I was truly pissed that blackberry didn't give me this experience.

I know will get slammed for this post but I really don't care.....because I truly want blackberry to dominate, but they won't with this **** they are pulling. The Z10 needed to have a 1080p screen with some stupid crazy ppi, it needed to have 1.7ghz or more, hell 2.0ghz, and it needed to pay whatever it cost to get Netflix and Instagram....The truth is, average folks don't give a **** about security....they don't....I know they should, but they don't....

I'm so mad that I can't go any further.....but I'm mad because I want BB to crush everyone.....and they let me down....I know, who gives a **** what I think...and I know everyone will say, its not for everyone.....but BB can't afford this kind of talk, they can't.... I will continue to support BB via PB....and in 2 years if the platform is ready I will be one of the first to by one, but after this...I am very, very skeptical.
    Kevin......the next time you interview Vivek or Gadeway...give them hell about specs, and creating a true super phone....Oh Kevin the next time you talk to Sauders......give him hell about apps. Blackberry should have all the supers apps that other phones have plus native super, super apps, nothing less. Ok let the hate begin.
    Sent from by Blackberry Playbook......
    what everyone is forgetting is. that this phone should have been release in sept.. before the iphone 5.... as bb grows users and strength you will see them coming out with better phones... not that the z10 is a bad phone by any means.. people look a spec and thing what its not quad or dual or what ever.. what they don't seem to understand is that when hardware is optimized for software you don't have to have huge spec..unlike google which is not optimized for any hardware.. it is running on lots of different smartphones... you need huge spec to keep it running smoothly...
    04-11-13 07:55 PM
    I feel that most folks are comparing the BB brand to the competitors phones. the Z10 has none of the problems of the past BB phones. But the slamming starts before the phone is even tested. NO Apps.......it's not the phone!!!! it's not even BBRY, it's the BB rep. Yes, they caused it...but it was helped along the way by the business climate that exists today.

Specs are a great way to slam this device or any non popular device, but....... check out the HTC one....great specs, great device, low sales. end of story! consumers are sold phones........have you seen the Samsung marketing budget? Can you say that the device is flawless? Better or worse than BB, it has sold and will sell Millions of units. IT IS NOT THE PHONE. And BB cannot win by beefing up the phones specs or buying great apps.
    04-11-13 08:12 PM
    I came to the Z10 from an iPhone 4S, and I'm really enjoying my new phone. I have read a lot about it and maybe a thousand complains and comparisons, but know what? I'm having a great experience with the phone and the OS, and found on it a lot of things that I missed from BB on my 4S.

As personal experience with the Z10, mine have kept me busy for a week, no reboots, solid OS, average battery life (slightly better than my 4S), easy to handle, very solid operation...

So yes, from my personal experience with the Z10 I can consider it a success, specially when everyone that sees mine wants to get one...

And I don't really know what's going on in the US, but in my country it is selling very strong, with a pre-sale sold out in both mayor operators and very strong demand for the unit, and the Q10, right now.

And also a lot of customers coming from iPhone or Android, so not only a bunch of BB fans upgrading legacy devices...
    04-11-13 08:15 PM
    Best product ever

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:15 PM
    Simple answer ...NO, not successful in the USA.....PERIOD. It is what it it is. Fact not fiction.
    So you have factual numbers on sales number? I would like to see them. How about posting.
    04-11-13 08:26 PM
    Sales figures...seriously.....how many have you seen in the wild?, how well is your local carrier promoting the Z10, how many posters have you seen, how many accessories does your local carrier or any store for that matter have, its obvious in my opinion just by being observant and not blind to the real USA world .....but I love my Z10 because I'm a Blackberry fan, but I'm not BLIND....are you?
    Actually I have seen more Blackberry smartphones in the wild vs iPhones and only a couple of Androids. So does this mean that Blackberry is number one? What you are talking about is fiction and not facts like you said.
    04-11-13 08:29 PM
    You should get all the iPhan's and Fandroid "Thanks" for that comment. Way to give a great boost to Blackberry,.. shee's are you a real Crackberry Genius. Makes me wonder???
    04-11-13 08:33 PM
    +100

A bust...dud..fail...like the playbook before it people here will be blind until Blackberry says: "We failed and did not put out a product loyal fans wanted" and then this site will be like...I loved it, no need to say sorry you did good...lol and then fire sale.
    04-11-13 08:34 PM
    Whats up Dc, the newbie called me ignorant......imagine that
    Well you don't know the difference between a fact and fiction. I am still waiting for the facts from you on sales information.
    04-11-13 08:36 PM

If there are happy users of the Z10....could we really call it a failure?
    Would you consider the palm pre a failure?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:37 PM
    Based on my anecdotal BS, myself and my family deem the Z10 a roaring success in my household

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:38 PM
224 12345 ...