04-21-13 10:41 PM
82 1234
tools
    I truly believe some people are experiencing real issues with their Z10 as with any other phone. And trust me I have an iPhone 5 that I'm extremely frustrated with due to wifi issues, web browser and apps crashing all the time. I will be soon selling it and will be buying either the Z or the Q. Don't know yet.

But you make a very good point in saying that some posts complaining about issues might not be legit. And here are a few reasons why that would be the case. Obviously there could be Android or iOS fanboys who could be posting fake issues on CB because they're starting to realize how good BB10 is and don't want Blackberry to succeed. But there is also another point that is rarely mentioned on Crackberry. Blackberry is a publicly traded company and 155 millions shares out of a total of 520 millions were sold short as at March 28 2013, which is huge. In other words for those who are not really familiar with financial markets, a significant amount of investors, including institutional and big hedge funds, are betting that Blackberry will not be able to bounce back and will eventually go bankrupt. We have seen a number of misleading statements from research firms such as Detwiler Fenton and others, indicating that Z10 sales in the US are extremely poor and return rates extremely high, to scare investors away and drive the share price down to get their clients out of their shorts positions. Those misleading and false statements have been officially denied by both Blackberry and Verizon. Blackberry has requested from the SEC to start an investigation. Bottom line, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the complaints on CB came from these same people to try and manipulate public opinion, and undermine Blackberry's comeback.
    You make very valid point in your post. Those are alot of shorts and the hedge funds are trying get back their investors money and the only way to do it is to start all negative news on the z10 to manipulate the stock price to bring it lower. It's pathetic and illegal and I hope Detwiler Fenton get their as#es sued and go out of business. I've had my z10 for 2 months and I've had absolutely no problems, including my wife as well. Yes there are some thing s missing from the old legacy bb7 but BlackBerry will get that in later for BlackBerry 10 with future updates. So far I love this phone. It's so effortless, smooth, fast and the multitasking of the hub is unbeatable. The gestures make the phone so fun to use and actually makes using the phone a real new experience. It will only get better. Let's see what BlackBerry 10 will be in 1 year from now,it will be amazed.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    sam81 likes this.
    04-20-13 04:33 PM
    A thread like this is helpful to keep things in perspective. However, my old GS2 has a more stable OS than my Z10 but the Z10 is more user friendly and a far better performer at the basic task of phone calls, texting and email. Would not consider going back to the GS2.
    04-20-13 07:53 PM
    Duct tape.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't work on DUCTS.
    04-20-13 07:57 PM
    I sold my Ipad long time a go, because its Hard to transfer files From My other devices . And a overheating problem. A lot of bug
    It even cannot send an sms, I rather use my laptop for work and playing the game. And it doesn't support WhatsApp and another Messenger either. I never charge it and sold it afterway because it has no use for me.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-20-13 08:10 PM
    Good luck finding any device that always works as advertised. It may be a car, power tool, tv, DVD player, smartphone, or whatever. Everything has problems.

Not even MacDonald burgers look like the advertised pics. The plastic sushi on the window display always look better than the actual product. Advertisement is an exaggeration of the actual product. How close is the product matching up the advertisement is all in your own imagination and state of mind. For some with an uneven temperament, it goes up and down pending on the effectiveness of their prescription.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-20-13 08:13 PM
    Duct tape.

Posted via CB10
    That a device?!?

I can build a phone from duct tape but reception is lousy.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-20-13 08:14 PM
    That a device?!?

I can build a phone from duct tape but reception is lousy.
    ...then you obviously need MORE! duct tape
    04-20-13 09:27 PM
    There is no such thing as the perfect phone. A phone that when you open from the box will have flawless operation and owners will never have to complain about it. BlackBerry, Apple, Samsung, Nokia, HTC etc., will always build a phone but will never be perfect. When does it become a perfect phone? When phone owners are completely satisfied to what the phone can do for them, mostly these are the owners who only use the phone for text messaging and phone calls. While some owners would always complain about the phone because they keep on installing applications which often messes the whole operation of the phone. Some use the phone to its extreme & it stresses the phone. But mostly, most owners expects a phone that they can only dream about. Unless if we all become satisfied with a phone that we own, maybe then can we tell we have found the perfect phone...well as far as individual satisfaction is concerned.
    04-20-13 09:41 PM
    I think...more cowbell ;-)

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-20-13 11:38 PM
    So other phones have problems so that makes it ok for bb to have problems as well?
    No it is not ok but in the world of CE tweeks have to be made. Audio receivers,laptops,DVD players,game consoles all have at one time or another the need for a firm ware update to fix an issue.
    04-20-13 11:48 PM
    So other phones have problems so that makes it ok for bb to have problems as well?
    No, it makes it a real world and people should have real expectations.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-21-13 12:22 AM
    What I find interesting is, with the amount of people complaining, there seems to be 10 Z10 users (no pun intended) extolling the virtues of their Z10 phone for every 1 person complaining about the issues they're having. It would seem that a lot more users are pleased with their Z10 than those not. Which begs the question...how many of these complaints are legitimate?

While I'm sure some users are having real issues, I'm thinking the actual number of legitimate issues is quite a bit less than what is actually seen in the forums since February. It just doesn't make sense that so many people could be having no issues and are loving their phone so much, while the complaining is so spotty and short-lived. Starting to see less and less people complaining of battery issues (possibly because complainers found that the battery life actually does get better as you use it). Random reboots are even more spotty and seen less and less. Could it be that competing companies read about people having certain issues and add their own fluff complaint to make it look like more of an issue than it really is? I mean, that would make sense, as competition more than likely wouldn't keep a complaint thread fresh with continued problems from the same user. Or is that too conspiracy theory to be plausible?
    No doubt about it, this is part of the problem. "Part "

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:17 AM
    I didn't think anybody would be so naive so as to think any phone had no problems! Glad some people are finding out that is so! You were a bit ignorant and naive OP (sorry - you said it!)
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-21-13 02:20 AM
    When things like cars, airplanes, and even space shuttle have problems, which all three have been designed with top notch engineering and safety standards, you can damn well expect almost everything else in the world to have problems.

Like what do you think this is, a fairy tale?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:12 AM
    I was asking a question since the op said other phones are having problems. Did I bring up other devices?

I'll ask again, so because some DROID or iPhone has issues does that make it ok for Blackberry?
    Yes it does, because industry moves together and evolves together, meaning it's acceptable to have problems when your competitors also have problems. Just like it's okay for a car to have bad fuel efficiency if all competitors cars in its class also have bad fuel efficiency.

I get it, you're not a realist

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:16 AM
    And paper clips! MacGyver that ****!
    04-21-13 05:23 AM
    Since my Z10 I bought off ebay after selling my iPhone 5 has 0 problems does that mean I have a perfect device?

. awaiting replies lol. Btw it is totally Ok for cell phones to have issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:48 AM
    Would anybody accept a car that has as many problems as smartphones these days?

Why do we constantly accept half finished products in the promise for fixes in the "Near Future" ?

A few random reboots and anybody would return a laptop for a new one today. When it comes to smartphones we're conditioned to accept it and live with it

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and pillswoj like this.
    04-21-13 05:52 AM
    This is interesting...

From what I have read, the problems with the Z10 are very minor compared to the many others that are out there! A big plus for the Z10 and previous BB models, is its overall performance, construction quality, reliability, and security. Blackberry keeps updating their software and operating system to make improvements and fixes.
    04-21-13 06:09 AM
    i kinda agree that "most" problems are user error, i had some friends and they always complain about how crappy their blackberries are, but when i point where's their mistake, and how to "fix it" just by change the configuration in the option menu, they don't want to do that, they said "it's factory default, it already the best"

people complaint, but the don't want to learn to understand their device
    04-21-13 06:11 AM
    People accept what they're willing to accept from a phone in terms of problems.

I was unwilling to accept the substandard browser and Fisher Price camera on the 9900 and went to my SGIII as my primary device and kept the 9900 and iPhone side phones.

With the Z10, I've come back to BB 90% of the time. The reboots happen now overnight, while I sleep, when the phone is in the holster. If I leave it out of the holster, there is no reboot. Can't figure that one out, whether hardware or software. The only other complaint I've got is the abysmal app situation. If there were apps, this phone would be a killer device.

Updates will come and I'm willing to wait them out since at the moment, after the AT&T update, my freezing and lag are gone and since I carry my non BBs as I've always done, I can get my apps there. My battery life has stabilised and yesterday I went nearly 19 hours. Not as good as my 4S, but much better than in the early days after getting the device.

I find it funny to read some comments from people who waited out the PB fiasco and the lack of updates on that yet turn around and complain about the lack of features they want on the Z10. The PB didn't even have native email but ooooooohhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh they praised it to the Heavens and never got rid of it, still have it. You never hear them complain about the BIS outage that left millions, including them, with a dumb phone for a Blackberry. But that doesn't keep them from going on like Joan Crawford on a drama queen convention over the lack of whatever troglodyte features they want from legacy. Gotta love drama queens.

Anyway, love my Z10. NOBODY is more surprised than me. Started our meh, then liked it, and now I can't put the thing down. I'm loving it. Get me my apps and I'll he happy as a pig in mud.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-21-13 07:22 AM
    Most of the problem from my view......... USER ERROR
    --people don't take the time to learn their device
    -- they don't understand things like permissions and other settings.
    There was a guy here last week hollaring about BB being so screwed up because he couldn't add a new contact from the phone dial. Then after many posts with others bitchin .... someone posted how to do just what they had been complaining about. It was there the whole time and I didnt have a clue...... I never tried or had the desire to add a new contact from the dial pad. I do now and posted a screen shot with the icon and directions. Needless to say ...... that thread died pretty quick.

I've always helped people get familiar with their phone menu options, and what I was angry about in February and in March was the lack of user manuals, user tutorials (about fine grained details) , and publicly available resources. THIS forum got the overflow that BlackBerry deflected to it.
    04-21-13 09:07 AM
    I'll ask again, so because some DROID or iPhone has issues does that make it ok for Blackberry?
    Not OK, bit it is to be expected that some BB phones will. Such is the nature of the beast.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:30 AM
    I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!!
    Attachment 153169

Posted via CB10
    Haha

Posted on my Z10
    04-21-13 09:30 AM
    Nice post OP. No device is ever perfect when it is first released. We have gotta have patients

Sent from the Mother Ship...
    04-21-13 09:41 AM
82 1234