Owning the Password proved to me how much I like small phones. The Q5 has been great but I do like to occasionally watch widescreen video on my phone. The solution was to purchase a new Z10 from Amazon along with the Mugen extended battery as I saw all the battery life complaints here.

I also use a Scosche Magic Mount in the car, so I want to attach one of the metal plates to the inside of this Mugen back cover. The back cover has a sticker covering the NFC antenna. The thickness of that sticker is probably the same or slightly more than that of the metal plate, so removing it would avoid any tendency for the back cover to bulge with the plate.

I don't know if the sticker is what is holding the nfc antenna in place, or if it's necessary to shield it from RF interference, or what. I'm tempted to remove that sticker and then adhere the metal plate there in its place, but even though I don't plan to really use NFC with this phone, I also don't want to destroy the antenna or render it non-working.

If I remove the sticker and install the plate, there would only be a thin layer of adhesive between the metal plate and the nfc antenna. I'm not sure what, if anything, that would do.

Has anyone removed the sticker for this or any other reason on the Mugen back cover?
    06-29-15 03:14 PM
    You could buy the back cover separately for around $20 or so on Ebay.

I doubt anything will go wrong even if you do remove it, but if something does happen, it is not the end of the world. And you could just buy a separate cover.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:06 AM
    Yeah I went ahead and pulled the sticker not long after my post yesterday. It did not pull the nfc antenna away from the back, and I replaced the sticker with the metal plate. It's a perfect solution for the magic mount--no outside plate and no bulge.

I just don't know if nfc will still work or not. May have to charge the passport back up and try it.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:59 PM