Do i lose my whatsapp convos if i updated to 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:37 AM
    08-23-13 09:40 AM
    I believe so yes. The back up will only do sms.

Edit: I guess not^ haha
    08-23-13 09:40 AM
    Restore will bring everything back

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    08-23-13 09:41 AM
    I never, asked if I wanted to restore convos I got them all back no problem

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:49 PM
    You don't lose whatsapp convos on 10.2

Posted by tapping on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10
    08-23-13 01:26 PM
    Make sure u set whatsapp to back up messages in the settings or else you will. WhatsApp backs up your chats to its own servers.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 02:08 PM
    After some answers telling not the truth, now a little more facts:
    WhatsApp Messages are not stored on their servers but there is a daily backup on your device.
    When you uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall, this backup will restore after entering your phone number (messages in between the last backup and then, maybe the last 14 hours are lost)

If you choose to backup your app data, both the conversations and the backup on device will be backed up with link and then be restored.
    Maybe you will have to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp which will then make the on device backup come back.

Just as I told: if everything is OK after restore, everything will be there. If you need to reinstall WhatsApp which could be necessary, you will only lose a few hours of convos

Posted via CB10
    jawadkassmyy likes this.
    08-23-13 03:42 PM
    It all depends on how you do the upgrade. If you do a normal OTA upgrade, then nothing changes. If you do upgrade using an autoloader, you'll want to do a backup/restore with BB Link. This should restore the app along with your conversation history.

We also regularly save backup files to the Shared Files area on your device, in "misc/whatsapp/". These will get deleted by an autoloader update (along with the rest of the on-device files), but they also backed up by BB Link. You can also backup and restore these manually, by plugging your phone into a computer and copying the files back and forth.

So if you want to do a clean upgrade, the recommended approach is to:
    - Plug the phone into your computer, copy all the on-device files to some backup location
    - Reload the OS on the phone
    - Copy all the files from your computer back to the phone
    - Reinstall your apps

On setup, we'll check for these backups and offer to restore if they're found.
    Sequester#WN likes this.
    08-23-13 03:49 PM
    Gosh. I'd rather you rephrase your words and use something more appropriate like giving advice that's not totally "correct". What do you mean "not telling the truth"? Like we set out to give the OP wrong info intentionally. Might as well just call is all liars. F off.

It all depends on how you do the upgrade. If you do a normal OTA upgrade, then nothing changes. If you do upgrade using an autoloader, you'll want to do a backup/restore with BB Link. This should restore the app along with your conversation history.

We also regularly save backup files to the Shared Files area on your device, in "misc/whatsapp/". These will get deleted by an autoloader update (along with the rest of the on-device files), but they also backed up by BB Link. You can also backup and restore these manually, by plugging your phone into a computer and copying the files back and forth.

So if you want to do a clean upgrade, the recommended approach is to:
    - Plug the phone into your computer, copy all the on-device files to some backup location
    - Reload the OS on the phone
    - Copy all the files from your computer back to the phone
    - Reinstall your apps

On setup, we'll check for these backups and offer to restore if they're found.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 03:58 PM
    Gosh. I'd rather you rephrase your words and use something more appropriate like giving advice that's not totally "correct". What do you mean "not telling the truth"? Like we set out to give the OP wrong info intentionally. Might as well just call is all liars. F off.

Posted via CB10
    Well, english is not my first language. Maybe I translated it wrong. I'm sorry if you are offended. Just wanted to make clear that some answers are wrong. I don't care why and don't want to blame anybody who doesn't know better and tells whatever he likes.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 04:13 PM