I have a Z10. I don't speak geek so bear with me. Followed the videos the issues is probably with my Panasonic DMP-BD871 Blu Ray player acting as the conduit to my Panasonic TC-P50S30 Plasma Viera HDTV. No internet adaptor in TV as the Blu Ray is connected to Wifi and connected to TV via HDMI.

Connected to DMP-BD871 to my Z10. Click play on in video says playing on DMP-BD87. After nothing appears on th TV screen get an error message on my BB.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:13 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Your error msg odd.
    Have you double checked the settings on your device?
    Goto "settings". Then goto "media sharing". Then make sure all options are toggled on?

Second step. Under that same menu. Hit the device button and ensure there is a check mark next to the blue ray model that should be on the list.

Sorry if you've done this already. Just a good place to start trouble shooting.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    07-18-13 11:38 PM
    All media sharing are toggled. I reset the Blu Ray now have 4 bars instead of 3. I cleared out all devices
    Now have three IP address all identical showing.

The Blu Ray was still on there before I cleared it off.

My TV says there's no files on my BBZ10. It sees it but shows nothing. If I go from BlackBerry to play on Blu Ray player it won't connect and get error. I took a screen shot of error message if you tell me how to post it to CB I will.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:04 AM
    The 3 devices back on are my z10 my Gmail which must be my new laptop with windows 8 that's uses my Gmail on the log in screen and the Blu Ray player is back on.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:21 AM
    Went into library in video. Clock play on it spends the blue wheel forever and never comes on TV. It's sending it to Blu Ray....but never connects but unlike before no error message but then again I
    don't have the patience of the average BlackBerry apologist. I'm heading to the gym. This is driving me nuts. Guess I buy an Internet adaptor for the TV but was hoping to mot have to. I have mini HDMI cable just wanted to go wireless

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:36 AM
    Can understand your frustration.
    Ok so first ... to attach your screen shots compose your post / reply as normal.
    But before u actually post the message, press and hold the space bar on your keyboard.

This will hide the keyboard. Now at the bottom of the c rack berry app window you should see a paperclip / attach button. Press that. Browse to your screen shots. Attach. And post your message.

07-19-13 06:33 AM
    Once u post the error message... got a few questions for you again. hopefully I or someone can help sort this out for you.
    1) if you try the play on feature using an mp3file or video made using the z10 camera do you still get an error message?

2) do you by chance know the file type of the video you are trying to view. I've been looking at the specs of your blue ray and apparently ".avi" file types won't play on the device. So they would have to be converted or of another file type.

3) page 19/40 of the owners manual suggests controlling dlna from the blue ray menu. So instead of using the z10 and then clicking "play on". Try doing the reverse. Use the blue ray to browse for the z10and navigate to the file.

Here's the link to the manual.

http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://se...tz97-4Kmpcy8ug

07-19-13 06:39 AM
    When I got my Z10 in February, I was oh so pleased to use the Play On feature so I could stream music & videos to my home theatre via my WDTV media centre.

But like the OP, I was quite disappointed it wouldn't work on my Panasonic Bluray Disc Player. When I saw this new thread this morning, I thought, why not give it another try. Funny thing was, as soon as I turned on the BD player, it started loading an automatic firmware upgrade. Now the DLNA connection is working beautifully, including the ability to select, play and control from the Z10.

I don't know if it was the firmware upgrade for sure. I changed a couple of other things which you might also want to check.

Both the Z10 & the BD player must be on the same wifi network. My Z10 was on 5 GHz so I switched it to the 2.4 GHz network which the BD player is connected to.

When I tap "Play On" on the Z10, I tapped on "Media Sharing / Devices" and made sure the check box for the Panasonic DMT-BDT220 was checked. It wasn't. (Also, the previous screen needs to have the media sharing enabled for music, photos and or videos.)

I went onto the BD player and (with no disc in it) went into Setup / Network / Home Network / DLNA Client.

After a pause, the Z10 appeared on the player screen. At the point I simply pressed Play On on the Z10 and voila there it was!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-19-13 at 10:09 AM.
    07-19-13 08:56 AM
    I was using videos made on the Z10 so whatever format that is is the format. I tried to upgrade the firm ware the first time to be honest don't know if it completed. Need to figure hour how to check if it's up to date. Now after the hard reset I tired to upgrade firmware it says connecting to network and I get three arrows but nothing says it completed.

Q: How do you change the internet settings to match on the Z10?

Q: I tried it both ways. From the Z10 to the TV I get the blue spinning wheel both are connected to the same network but maybe different frequency? From the Blu Ray to the BB it says there's no files there.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:19 AM
    Thanks for your help. When I'm home later in will check it out.

Hopefully just a frequency and firmware issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:21 AM
    Q: How do you change the internet settings to match on the Z10?Posted via CB10
    I didn't change any Internet settings.

I was talking about wifi networks. Here at home, I have 2 wifi networks, 5 GHz & 2.4 GHz. My Panasonic was connected to the 2.4 GHz. But my Z10 was connected to the 5 GHz. I just changed wifi on the Z10 to the 2.4 network. After that the 2 devices recognized each other.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:15 PM
    They recognize each other. Only1 Wifi network. Firmware is 1.43 which is the latest according to Panasonic website.

If you click "play on" how long does it take to connect?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:13 PM
    Here was the original error message for the forum to be aware about.

Trying to find photo another issue....

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:21 PM
    Followed your directions. Found photo in the device section. Won't attach. Clicked attach go to photo click it, it highlights in blue then nothing happens...

Hating my BB more and more. Bummer.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:27 PM
    They recognize each other. Only1 Wifi network. Firmware is 1.43 which is the latest according to Panasonic website.

Posted via CB10
    Seconds... as in more than 5, less than 15 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:45 PM
    Followed your directions. Found photo in the device section. Won't attach. Clicked attach go to photo click it, it highlights in blue then nothing happens...

Hating my BB more and more. Bummer.

Posted via CB10
    When I select the Photo icon on the Panasonic bd player, it lists out the photos and slide show is an option too.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:47 PM
    I should do you a video to show what I'm doing. I have friends arriving soon for a bbq. I'll try to do that later.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:48 PM
    Need to check your device capabilities. I got a Sony television and a Samsung. I started off with the Sony and got really frustrated that video wouldn't play using play on but music and pictures did. I was really frustrated thinking it was my z10 until I tried my Samsung and it played everything. The I checked my Sony model manual and found out it didn't support video. My Sony was newer than my Samsung

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-19-13 04:58 PM
    It's not the Z10. Plays video from HDMI. Just says the folder is empty if I come from the Blu Ray. If I come from the Z10 it says it's playing on the Blu Ray. New Blu Ray is about the cost of an Internet Adaptor...

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 05:27 PM
    07-19-13 05:43 PM
    Check the format of the video files on the z10. Found this on a forum. Your Pan player will only accept mp4 or mkv (funny it doesn't state what internal specific audio and video formats are recognized for these container file formats). I don't know if this helps.

Panasonic DMP-BD871 and DLNA - High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Does your player have the ability to find your z10 and access the files so you can play it from there? In other words pull rather than push the video files to the Panasonic BD Drive? I can do that with my tvs and bluray players... that's how I found out initially that my Sony tv had problems playing videos through DLNA before confirming with the Sony documentation.
    07-20-13 06:22 AM

Here is how it is supposed to look...

I set it up exactly as I described above and this video shows how it works, including using the phone to control the display on the tv.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-20-13 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Fix youtube link
    07-20-13 02:05 PM
    Interesting thread. I have attempted DLNA streaming once to my PS3. It would not play video recorded on the Z10, but would play older video stored on my media card from my old Torch.
    07-20-13 03:57 PM
    Just thought I'd add this to the thread.
    Randomly started getting errors using dlna and my receiver today.

Never had issues before.

Narrowed it down to symbols etc in the file name. It had a "+" and "-" in the title. Renamed the file via file manager and it worked flawlessly.

Hopefully the original poster is able to fix his issue.

07-20-13 04:39 PM
    Went to watch video on BB says it unable on Mobile. Got the HP laptop out and the video has 0:00 and says the video is unable from off the CB thread. Will try finding it directly on youtube.
    07-20-13 07:08 PM
82 123 ...