Hello all - I am getting used to my new Z10, but can't seem to find how to dismiss the vibrate/sound on new messages easily. From what I can tell, the only way to do it is to press the volume up/down button(s) and the vibrate and/or sound stops. Is this the only way?

On previous BB's like the Storm and Storm 2, the notification vibrate/sound would stop when I pressed the screen or took any action. Now it seems that the Z10 will continue playing the notification sound no matter what I swipe, tap, etc (other than the vol button).

Any ideas, tips, tricks? Or do I simply need to get used to the 'new' way to cancel the notifications? Thanks!
    10-20-13 09:20 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

I hope someone can make a suggestion that you like.

I have considered actually editing some mp3 files to both lengthen and shorten some notification sounds. You can also lower the volume for notifications which might make them less intrusive. Swipe down and select Settings (or open the app's icon), then select Notifications and tweak the volume.

Let's see if there are other ideas that are more practical.
    10-20-13 10:19 AM
    Thank you!

I was kind of thinking the same thing about creating or tweaking an mp3. I'm thinking of finding/making one that starts off softly and slowly transitions into louder sounds/music so that I would have time to kill it before waking the house up. :-)

The one I've used for a long while on my Storm 2 was good in that if I missed the 3 long vibrations, it would then go into the "music" (theme to NCIS) and that would get me awake. That worked fine because as soon as I grabbed the phone it would stop. (Being on call 24x7 is sometimes a pain, but missing a text message can be even more painful!)

That is also something I am missing on the Z10 - a way for the vibration to be first and then be -followed- by the selected sound/music. I am thinking that is not (yet) an option in notification settings.

Hopefully someone else will have ideas to share. Thanks for the response!
    10-20-13 04:20 PM
    I am running 10.2.0.1767, so this may not be something you can do. Try going to settings>notifications. Once in notifications, you can scroll down to the individual app (bbm, text messages, etc), open them, and turn off or on vibrate and select how many times you want them to vibrate.

On my text messages, I have it set to vibrate twice and to play the "brief " sound.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-20-13 04:53 PM
    I am running 10.2.0.1767, so this may not be something you can do. Try going to settings>notifications. Once in notifications, you can scroll down to the individual app (bbm, text messages, etc), open them, and turn off or on vibrate and select how many times you want them to vibrate.

On my text messages, I have it set to vibrate twice and to play the "brief " sound.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    I'm still on official Verizon OS 10.1..... and can change the number of vibrations.
    10-20-13 05:34 PM
    Thanks - I am on 10.1.0.2039 and know about setting the number of vibrations and sound in each app. That part is not really an issue.

My question is with how to "dismiss" the vibration/sounds. If the BB is "locked" (and I am awakened at zero-dark-early) it takes more effort to dismiss the sound (a long playing one) than on previous BB's like the Storm/2. Having to "swipe" the screen, or find & press the vol button seems to be more of an effort than just tapping the screen as I've been used to for years.

I think I may just have to get used to grabbing the phone and pressing the side buttons to cancel the sound. Just one more adjustment to get used to on the new phone! I am also going to set up an mp3 that starts softly and slowly gets louder too.

I am also hoping that some revision will bring back the vibrate THEN sound option. Having both at the same time is not optimal in my case, especially while in meetings. I know I can change profiles but again, I've never had to before - another adjustment to get used to I guess.
    10-21-13 09:46 AM
    Pressing a volume button seems the only way- I find it similar to the top button on the Storm 2 and have gotten used to it. I do agree and seems many in the forums as well, that an option for vibrate first then sound would be nice to have back.
    10-21-13 12:09 PM