I was so happy to see that Bell came out with a Flex plan for business for US Data usage, finally I could travel to the US using my phones data, which I hadn't been able to do to this point.

Well, GONG! I got to Vegas and was totally flabbergasted with the fact that I turned the phone on when landing and boom 30 meg of data instantly. As it turned out I was able to use wifi most of the last few days only sporadically trying the phone networks data system, even so, it shot up to 180 meg in not time flat. Last night I was sitting in a restaurant that didn't have wifi and decided to play with the phones data, well boom, 30 meg in 10 minutes, as I was hitting refresh on the data monitor app the usage was climbing incredibly.

As a side subject, my wife's phone never came out of her purse and she got a "over 50 meg text" from bell first day we were here. Never even used it

In preparation for the trip I turned my email account to manual refresh and unhooked my Facebook and Twitter from the hub. What the hec am I doing wrong or is this phoned boomed to never use data again in the states?
    12-05-13 11:02 AM
    Make sure location services and diagnostics sending is also turned off. BlackBerry 10 definitely hogs data and doesn't use the bis compression of bbos. Sorry to hear your pain.

Tapped out on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10STL100-3 running 10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 11:16 AM
    I am in SA and I get 600 mb of data every month

2/3 times I am connected to wifi! I have wifi at home and wifi at work

Now when I went on to check my data usage, was shocked to see that I had 200 mb of data remaining

When I'm not connected to wifi, I hardly use data other than to browse at instagram now and then

Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how to turn off diagnostics

Thanks

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Q10
    12-05-13 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the information, location services was on and I have turned it off now, crazy stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:34 PM
    Turned off location services, didn't help. I actually turned on data for about five minutes held onto my phone and hit refresh on my data monitor software and watched it use an additional 20 meg, I wasn't doing anything other than watching the data screen. Very disappointing...

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:55 PM