Hey guys , just wanted to share my experience with the new Blackberry messenger on my Z10

first thing I didn't like is that I couldn't restore my BBM information on my Z10 , I had over 600 contacts and I had to start a new Blackberry ID
    it was Stuck on "Transferring your BBM information" for 4 hours then I wiped my device , tried again ... and slept

woke up in the morning and it's still transferring ..
    Disappointed with the new BBM on my Z10-bczi60gcqaa4oa1.jpg

so I decided to start fresh ...

second thing I didn't like , is that I can't "Select All" on the broadcast page , and it's really important to me bcz i've been using my blackberry for personal chats and broadcasting my blog posts.
    02-06-13 12:14 AM
    "had to start a new BlackBerry ID"... why?
    02-06-13 12:16 AM
    Oh shoot you had 600 contacts D:

It has no trouble transferring over my 40
    02-06-13 12:17 AM
    "had to start a new BlackBerry ID"... why?
    My question as wellll...

For the record, this happened to me as well but uhhh.. I just tried again and everything was fine lol.
    Novaone and jamesharmeling like this.
    02-06-13 12:17 AM
    its for reasons like you that users don't want broadcasts, they are god damn annoying.. if you want me to look at soemthing don't spam it to me say hey take a look at my blah blah blah. this way things are very inpersonal and i get pissed off when folks do it

a side not niether me or my GF had trouble transfering and she only had blackberry link to do it, she was still usign a BBOS5 curve
    jamesharmeling and sosof like this.
    02-06-13 12:19 AM
    Thunderbuck : because every time I log in with the same Blackberry ID , it shows "the image above" and stays forever. and I can't use BBM. I don't know why I don't get the option to skip restoring contacts.

FranzJoseph : maybe it just can't restore that number of contacts , some ppl have over 1000+ contacts .. don't know what they'll do about it.
    02-06-13 12:20 AM
    Bla1ze : It's also better so I can broadcast my PIN to my old contacts to add me , since I can't use bb id on both devices ! I have to switch.

GTiLeo : you can always delete the contact if he's spamming ? or add a feature .. mute them ? why take away a special bbm feature
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-06-13 12:23 AM
    i dont even get an alert when i get an email
    02-06-13 12:24 AM
    Bla1ze : how long did you leave it for the second time ?
    02-06-13 12:25 AM
    does anyone know
    02-06-13 12:35 AM
    Bla1ze : It's also better so I can broadcast my PIN to my old contacts to add me , since I can't use bb id on both devices ! I have to switch.

GTiLeo : you can always delete the contact if he's spamming ? or add a feature .. mute them ? why take away a special bbm feature
    can't delete family or friends
    02-06-13 12:37 AM
    No issue with my contacts, moved them over.. But the number you have is kinda large, so maybe there is an issue there.

How the **** do you manage so many? Are you one of these Facebook users with thousands of 'friends' hehe
    02-06-13 12:44 AM
    MattUK : LOL , blogger

------------------------ Another ISSUE

when someone adds me on BBM ! sometimes I get emails !! not bbm invitations
    <$RemoveOnDelivery.......... ?
    02-06-13 12:50 AM
    i have to say this is the smoothest most simple backup or transfer to date. download link, plug in old phone hit one button, plut in new phone and hit one button. whole thing complete within a minute or two. go into bbm app and enter email and password, all 50 (sigh, come back to bbm!) people were there. so seamless.
    02-06-13 01:15 AM
    ShaneN. : tried that , still stuck on transferring
    sgt_snacks-64 likes this.
    02-06-13 01:25 AM
    it happened to me too, i have 800 contacts you need to be connnect to the internet apparently for it to work. i had a sim with bbm only and it was not transfering i put in my sim with internet and it worked immediately
    02-07-13 08:03 PM
    its for reasons like you that users don't want broadcasts, they are god damn annoying.. if you want me to look at soemthing don't spam it to me say hey take a look at my blah blah blah. this way things are very inpersonal and i get pissed off when folks do it

a side not niether me or my GF had trouble transfering and she only had blackberry link to do it, she was still usign a BBOS5 curve
    Personally, I've got a BlackBerry blog and need to broadcast my blog news. I simply ask all my contacts too if any of them is annoyed by broadcasts just tell me and I instantly move him/her to a category I never broadcast to. But you should be telling this to the idiots who keep sending broadcasts saying "Jim will repair BBM with a chainsaw today call him and have a date!"
    02-07-13 08:24 PM
    Thunderbuck : because every time I log in with the same Blackberry ID , it shows "the image above" and stays forever. and I can't use BBM. I don't know why I don't get the option to skip restoring contacts.

FranzJoseph : maybe it just can't restore that number of contacts , some ppl have over 1000+ contacts .. don't know what they'll do about it.
    I would say there is an issue with their servers, happened to me on my Bold when I did a clean OS update and I couldn't restore my contacts, here is how I fixed it

Downgrade to BBM 6.2
    Add myself
    Send a "Hi" to myself
    Upgrade to BBM 7
    Works.

For you maybe, install BBM 6.2 on your old device, add yourself, say Hi and then try again on your Z10? If it doesn't work upgrade to BBM 7 on your old device, make it restore then try again on your Z10?
    02-07-13 08:26 PM
    Maybe it's some little server guy in the background running around and saying "Wow this guy still has 600 contacts on BB messenger. Something we are not used to seeing in such a long time" And he's running around telling everyone, hence the long wait
    02-07-13 08:29 PM
    Maybe it's some little server guy in the background running around and saying "Wow this guy still has 600 contacts on BB messenger. Something we are not used to seeing in such a long time" And he's running around telling everyone, hence the long wait
    I have about 260 contacts in total, 10 friends, 2 family, 4 Business and reps from RIM. 30 BlackBerry huge and expert fan boys, 210 from my BlackBerry blog, and about 12 from old school/college. Note: Don't add the numbers up I rounded most of the values.

I hope I don't face the same issue :/
    02-07-13 08:31 PM
    My friend told me her Z10 doesn't vibrate when she receives a ping & can't find an option for it, is this true?
    02-07-13 10:46 PM
    I didn't face any problem transferring my address book contact ( as I sync it with my Gmail) and I didn't face any problem with my BBM contact as I back it up remotely to my email too.
    But the annoying things I found with the BB Z10 are:
    1- When ever I send BBM invetation the reciver recive two invetations, one from my new BB Z10, and the other one from my old BBM, dont ask me how bcz i realy dont know.
    2- addition to the annoying brodcast by selecting one by one, when ever I deleted the chats and send brodcast the chats I have deleted come over back to my chats with what I have sent.
    3- lack of important apps in appworld, no whatsapp, instagram, viber, tango, keek and lot of good apps, I have found a way to download cooked androide apps to be compatable with BB Z10, but stell its hangs.
    4- when ever I receved a video or audio link, there is no way to save the link, its only direct streaming, which is annoying speacialy with poor network reception.
    5- the ringing volume is too low.
    6- not comfortable in the hand as the iPhone.
    02-11-13 12:35 PM
    I am kind of disappointed that i cannot find chat history.
    02-11-13 01:20 PM
    Hopefully , they fix the issues soon.
    Many people adding me and I'm just receiving Messages with their PINs on the subject , but I don't receive BBM Invitations so I can accept their requests
    sometimes when they delete me and add me again , I get the invitation..
    02-11-13 04:31 PM
    In my groups i often cannot see who it is. Only se thier PIN
    03-17-13 09:13 PM
33 12