Every time I see a post from somebody wanting to turn off the camera sound, the first thing that comes to my mind is: What a perv.
    Well, my infant daughter was sleeping in her crib and was looking adorable and I wanted to take a picture and send it to my wife, but the camera shutter sound went off and woke her up.
    05-29-13 08:14 PM
    And I'm sorry for posting about this again. I didn't realize it would cause such a commotion. Sheesh.
    05-29-13 08:16 PM
    Hold your thumb over the speaker at the bottom sheesh....why is this even a topic?

There are creepers and spies all around us! BlackBerry just happens to be the only responsible manufacturer when it comes to perv-blocking lol
    05-29-13 08:20 PM
    The reason why Apple and Android phones have this so called silent/mute photos built in and are not afraid of the so called perv syndrome is because

All pervs are Apple and android users or......Apple and Android are for perverts only.

BlackBerry is for the real people.

Black is best Z10!
    05-29-13 08:41 PM
    Hold your thumb over the speaker at the bottom sheesh....why is this even a topic?

There are creepers and spies all around us! BlackBerry just happens to be the only responsible manufacturer when it comes to perv-blocking lol
    If that's true, why does BlackBerry allow third party apps to silence the camera sound?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    05-29-13 08:42 PM
    Because they have done their part, what you do with apps after you purchase is up to you. As you can see it does not take long for a simple action as taking a picture to escalate quickly. Can you imagine these over reactors in public?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 08:50 PM
    This has been discussed and debated on here ad nauseam and the threads usually get nasty and frozen rather quickly. The bottom line is that many people want to be able to silence the camera sound (you lose some native camera function using third party apps) and there is no legal reason to silence it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-29-13 08:58 PM
    I'd like to be able to take pictures of the whiteboard in class without disturbing the professor and other students. Even though the professor allows it, still it is a nuisance because of the shutter sound.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that doesn't require access to all my personal information?

Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    05-29-13 09:30 PM
    It is amazing how many people are so quick to criticize posters in this forum who are just here to seek information. Not everyone is a perv who has sounds muted for God's sake. If BlackBerry doesn't offer the muted camera so be it. But lay off the OP and quit casting aspersions against people asking for answers.

As to the OP's question, use the burst mode in the camera which will be relatively quiet. You wont be able zoom however. And just do a quick tap otherwise you will end up with about 10 pictures stored.

Posted via CB10
    thenjustinsaid likes this.
    05-29-13 09:37 PM
    With an application found here: BlackBerry World - Silent Camera or not at all
    YUP I downloaded this and works like a charm. This annoying camera sound issue goes back years. I always heard the same thing....it's a legal issue but that's just stupid. Other platforms like iphone are able to silence their cameras and obviously they are compliant with US laws so I'm not sure what laws Blackberry keeps citing but they seem to be stupid on issues like this. For a high tech company, they sure act like idiots quite often.

And for those who will comment about only people wanting to do "bad" things, that's as stupid as Blackberry citing some law that only they have to comply with.
    thenjustinsaid and QtHelex like this.
    05-29-13 09:38 PM
    What's funny is that in one if these updates blackberry is going to add a silence photo option and all these "perverted thinkers" who think the worst about everything and defend their own idiotic way of thinking by putting others down , will feel ashamed that they were - wrong. And hopefully some of us will remind them of that when the time comes.

Just like those less then intelligent folks who knocked everyone down asking for multiple alarms, and Ho Hum guess what's coming in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:20 PM
    Why? I want to shoot pics sometimes in silent places. Once I started taking pic for my daughter in the plane, two girls immediately looked at me they thought I'm taking pics of them< my daughter was beside them. So if camera sound was OFF, u don't draw attention

Posted via CB10
    I know. There are many non perv reasons why you would want a silent camera shutter. I get that. I wasn't thinking everybody is a perv. I should of put a smiley on my post to suggest it was in fun.
    05-29-13 11:25 PM
    I know. There are many non perv reasons why you would want a silent camera shutter. I get that. I wasn't thinking everybody is a perv. I should of put a smiley on my post to suggest it was in fun.
    Just think positively

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:39 PM
    I'm primarily interested in talking screen shots without creating a ruckus.

Can any users of the silent camera apps confirm that they work for screen shots?
    Sadly no, and I have absolutely no idea why it must make this much noise when I have to create some screenshots.
    Newfangled Gizmo likes this.
    06-01-13 07:05 PM
    Well, my infant daughter was sleeping in her crib and was looking adorable and I wanted to take a picture and send it to my wife, but the camera shutter sound went off and woke her up.
    The sound of a shutter woke up your little princess? That is one alert little girl.

Anyway, it's not fair to say the all those that want a silent camera are pervs, but it is fair to say the all pervs would want a silent camera. I also wouldn't say that iPhone and Droid allowing it is reason to say it's right. My personal opinion as a user, a.parent etc is that I'm willing to live with a little noise in support of what appears to be an ethical mission. That's not to say this is the right opinion, just my opinion.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:27 PM
    Well, I have to agree that wanting to silence the camera shutter is not only for pervs trying to take disturbing secret snapshots of women, children, etc. Personally, I find the shutter sound a hindrance because it scares the hell out of my parrots, which sends them flying around the room in panic, every single time I try to snap a quick pic of them. It would be nice to capture them spontaneously displaying funny or cute behaviour, instead of having to haul out my Nikon gear and missing great "in the moment" memories.
    QtHelex likes this.
    06-01-13 07:27 PM
    I personally like it to be a softer sound if they can't have it completely off.

This app works well for those times where silence is needed. Plus, it doubles as a flashlight abs other nice tools.

Both are the same app, just different icons.

Disable camera sound?-img_00001130.png

Disable camera sound?-img_00001129.png

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:34 PM
42 12