Hello guys!!

Vodafone has just released the 10.2.1.2102 to my Z10 and I was wondering whether to proceed with the upgrade or to perform a clean install (by restoring to default)?

Will it erase everything I have or it will keep my data and apps as they are now?

I'm feeling a little bit lazy to do a full back up and restore ... (although I have box and intouch contacts app installed, which are programmed to back up files and contacts every day, so I don't think it would be a greater loss).
    02-15-14 10:20 AM
    Hello guys!!

Vodafone has just released the 10.2.1.2102 to my Z10 and I was wondering whether to proceed with the upgrade or to perform a clean install (by restoring to default)?

Will it erase everything I have or it will keep my data and apps as they are now?

I'm feeling a little bit lazy to do a full back up and restore ... (although I have box and intouch contacts app installed, which are programmed to back up files and contacts every day, so I don't think it would be a greater loss).
    If you are feeling "lazy" to back up and restore, do a direct update. Clean install will wipe everything (I believe). However, may I suggest that you just go ahead and do a back up of what you need. It's always a good idea to back up your data before doing any OS update. Think of it as insurance just in case something goes wrong; nothing should go wrong but just in case something does, a back up is your 'insurance policy'.

P.S. Just wanna give you a warm welcome to CrackBerry! (In case you haven't been warmly welcomed).
    FF22 and jessinwonderland like this.
    02-15-14 12:06 PM
    i would go for clean install
    02-15-14 12:12 PM
    If I go from a 'leak' to an official release I always go for a clean install. Just in case I need any assistance I do not want a leak to (maybe) cause issues.

Updating from official to official I always just upgrade, after doing a backup.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-15-14 12:23 PM
    If you are feeling "lazy" to back up and restore, do a direct update. Clean install will wipe everything (I believe). However, may I suggest that you just go ahead and do a back up of what you need. It's always a good idea to back up your data before doing any OS update. Think of it as insurance just in case something goes wrong; nothing should go wrong but just in case something does, a back up is your 'insurance policy'.

P.S. Just wanna give you a warm welcome to CrackBerry! (In case you haven't been warmly welcomed).
    Oh by the way... I went from a leak to an official release (Verizon) via direct update. But like the others said, if you have a leak, the safe bet is to do a clean install... I'm just a cyber renegade lol (i.e. computer nerd... a cool computer nerd)
    02-15-14 12:28 PM
    Thanks guys!!

I have the official 10.2.0 installed, and as I said I do frequent back ups of contacts and files (pictures and stuff)...

When I got the Z10, the 10.2.0 upgrade was prompted to me once I turned the device on for the first time, so I dunno what twists could happen if I just upgrade via OTA when I have my phone all set up like now. Will the install and boot take forever? will it mix up my contacts and texts? Those are pretty much all mycworries
    02-15-14 01:06 PM
    Thanks guys!!

I have the official 10.2.0 installed, and as I said I do frequent back ups of contacts and files (pictures and stuff)...

When I got the Z10, the 10.2.0 upgrade was prompted to me once I turned the device on for the first time, so I dunno what twists could happen if I just upgrade via OTA when I have my phone all set up like now. Will the install and boot take forever? will it mix up my contacts and texts? Those are pretty much all mycworries
    My update didn't take that long... 15 minutes maybe? Yours COULD take much longer or not. Update it when you don't have much phone using to do to be safe. There should be no issues like that but just in case, make sure you have your "insurance policy"
    02-15-14 01:12 PM
    how to do a clean install? just upgrade, then security wipe? or is there a way to format (blank the Z10), then install fresh OS? Thanks
    02-15-14 01:41 PM
    how to do a clean install? just upgrade, then security wipe? or is there a way to format (blank the Z10), then install fresh OS? Thanks
    To do a clean install the phone has to be wiped completely before the upgrade is installed. There are a few ways to wipe your phone then install the upgrade, just search around.
    02-15-14 01:52 PM
    Be aware that a Security Wipe can take a longish time - some folks have had it run 4-6 hours but most less than an hour.
    02-15-14 04:21 PM
    Gone straight from OTA and it's working like a charm! Marvelled

Spend the evening sideloading, as it shows on signature ahah

Enviado do meu Z10 atrav�s de Tapatalk
    bounce007 likes this.
    02-16-14 05:37 PM
    Gone straight from OTA and it's working like a charm! Marvelled

Spend the evening sideloading, as it shows on signature ahah

Enviado do meu Z10 atrav�s de Tapatalk
    Good stuff, thanks for letting us know
    02-16-14 08:51 PM
    Poor old Gunners!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    mesqueunclub likes this.
    02-16-14 08:55 PM
    Poor old Gunners!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    I see you're from the essex area.... Spurs? Westham? Or are you a glory boy?
    02-17-14 01:12 PM