My blackberry z10 s just a year old. Since last 5 months, I am facing a situation where my battery drains despite phone not in use (and system shows as using >50% battery usage); and once the phone is in that state, it does not charge back for hours and then not sure for what reason it starts to charge. I have been avoiding getting in that situation after couple of instances however can not help when it drains overnight. My questions are:
    1) whats causing system to use >50% battery when I don't use data/ email/ apps actively.
    2) how can I prevent my battery from reaching 0% - can I set it to switch off when 5% battery is left?
    3) what causes my drained battery to not charge again. Since the phone is barely being used, I doubt is it is only a battery problem and that replacing battery will resolve the issue>

Least to say that I have been regretting my decision to buy blackberry of all the other more stable options!.
    09-20-15 01:58 AM
    Z10 has a teeny tiny battery that barely lasts half a day. Get a new one...or three.
    09-20-15 06:01 AM
    It's not necessarily a battery issue. I also faced similar issue sometimes ago. The problem is the device battery meter that is displaying wrong battery percentage. Whenever your device battery is completely down or drained again, remove the battery and leave it out of the phone for 30mins or more. After 30min reinsert d battery and plug to power source to charge. The device wld start charging from 0%. Repeat this 2 to 3 times and the battery meter wld be reset. And try reduce the screen brightness and the screen time out from display setting. I'm getting 10 to 12hts of usage from my BlackBerry z10.
    09-21-15 12:43 PM
    That sounds like you should delete all unneeded apps, backup, do a full re-install of the OS. You didn't say how long it takes to drain or if it is getting really hot from using all that power. Have you put it in airplane mode to see if that stops the draining?

It doesn't matter which brand you buy, there is always a chance to get a dud or a bad battery. Doesn't hurt to order a replacement battery, you can always use it as a spare. I don't see from your description why it couldn't be a battery, a rogue app, or a corrupt OS install. There are lots of threads here on re-installing the OS and resetting the battery charging stats.
    09-21-15 12:59 PM
    Do not drain a phone battery to zero. You're asking for Pinhead to emerge from the wall and skin you.
    09-21-15 08:12 PM
    Lol yeah I never let batteries go below 20% on any of my BlackBerry's.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-21-15 08:31 PM