Does anyone have trouble answering an incoming phone call by "pulling down" on the screen? This is not OS version related. Sometimes it works easily, sometimes not, especially if I have the phone in bedside mode. Is there any other way to answer without trying to pull the menu down?
    11-10-13 09:20 AM
    It's probably due to where you're starting the swipe from.
    11-10-13 09:23 AM
    Yes I do to often have call back

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:43 AM
    I find the swipe action is definitely not consistent.
    11-10-13 09:51 AM
    Well, it's of some consolation that it isn't a problem with just my own phone and that I'm not the only one. There must be some fix or workaround. I wonder if BlackBerry is aware of this. They still have hardware tech support, don't they?

You would think they could add something to the software to permit, say, tapping one of the buttons on top or on the side when the phone is ringing that would answer. I have a Bluetooth earpiece that allows me to say "Answer" or to push its button to answer, but of course I have to have the earpiece on at the time. Maybe they could allow the user to say "Answer" into the phone microphone.
    11-10-13 11:25 AM
    Well it is rumoured they are going to change the swiping down and up to answer / decline to swipe left and right
    Have never had a problem with the up and down tho

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:20 PM
    Half swipe up from the bottom then swipe down
    That works for me

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:32 PM
    Is your Magnify Mode on I sometimes notice some lag in my touchscreen when it is on, go into Settings - Accessibility and turn it off or just swipe two fingers down from the top of the screen, if that's not it then I don't know what it is but I don't usually experience that when answering calls anyway good luck with your issue

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:35 PM
    Do you have a screen protector? That may also be interfering.
    11-10-13 12:35 PM
    Do you have a screen protector? That may also be interfering.
    I do have a screen protector. Maybe that's it. It doesn't seem to interfere otherwise, though.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:41 PM
    I don't think it is the screen protector, I don't have one but I have exactly the same problem; not all of the time but definitely more often than not.
    C

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:48 PM
    You guys begin whichever motion you perform on the huge gray bar in the middle, right?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    11-10-13 12:51 PM
    Dunno, I'll make sure I try next time.
    C

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:53 PM
    I found answering a call is always difficult I wish blackberry could make it much easier answering a call.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    11-10-13 12:59 PM
    Well it is rumoured they are going to change the swiping down and up to answer / decline to swipe left and right
    Have never had a problem with the up and down tho
    Posted via CB10
    Should be easier to one hand it though.
    11-10-13 02:41 PM
    i have same problem and its really annoying, i always pull down from white/grey bar in middle but have to do it twice or three times to get it to work most the time!!!! just seems unresponsive the first time you try to swipe it, and it cant be my phone cause this is my second z10 and it done it on the first one to! its a phone for christ sake answering it should be the easiest thing to do on a phone!!!! personally i find swiping across more natural so maybe you should be given the option to choose?????
    11-10-13 03:13 PM
    I have the same issue once in awhile.
    11-10-13 03:43 PM
    Occasionally I've experienced this. For me, it's because I'm in a hurry and don't start in the center of the gray bar. When I slow down and center the start of the gesture, the phone responds correctly.

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    11-10-13 04:50 PM
    I too have this problem sometimes but have also noticed that it seems to have something to do with the speed with with I swipe down so guys try slowing down and see I know it is instinctive to swipe quickly so we don't miss the ca but...until they find a fix.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:14 PM
    Occasionally I've experienced this. For me, it's because I'm in a hurry and don't start in the center of the gray bar. When I slow down and center the start of the gesture, the phone responds correctly.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to try that, thanks.

It still should be corrected by BBRY. I wonder if they listen to complaints like this.
    11-10-13 07:42 PM
    I've gotten very used to it. I also aim high on the touch. Seems to help.

Seems to me the initial 10.0 release was a lot worse.

Seems at BlackBerry in certain places in the OS they got a bit carried away with gestures. It's not like every last thing needs to be a gesture.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    11-10-13 07:48 PM
    I read in crackberry.com that the BlackBerry 10 phone "app" was made in Adobe Air. Not native.

I haven't seen any posts saying the phone app was updated, not even once in the year.

I too have problems swiping to accept incoming calls. And problems with the red button that hangs up (ends calls).

Let's have an app update please.
    11-10-13 08:56 PM
    Looks as though I've uncovered a problem that affects a lot of people. And a pretty basic problem, at that. I mean, the least a phone should be able to do is to answer a call without struggling to do so.

How do we bring this to BlackBerry's attention?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:41 PM
    I've never had an issue once I learned to swipe down from the grey bar.

BB10 IS the best!
    11-10-13 09:45 PM
    One suggestion I have is to press firmly.

Instead of a light flick, do it a bit more forcefully. It might be a sensitivity issue to prevent accidental answering or accidental rejection of calls.

If you're still having problems, tap and hold, then drag down, or up.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:48 PM
33 12