Seemed a strange coincidence that just as I saw the original "Z10 battery draining like mad" thread, mine did it, too.

Late in the day, had nearly a full charge via Playbook 1.8A charger that I've been using for a while now. Took a short nap before a long night shift, got up and battery was down to 50% or so, with no use other than phone sitting idle on "silent" mode, just using the alarm to get up with. Plugged it in for a quickie charge before I left for work, trying to get a little more juice, maybe got it back up to 75% or so.

Over the course of the night it dropped down to 20% in a hurry, with almost no use. I had turned off Bluetooth and WIFI earlier in an attempt to save it. I had NFC off already.

Checked device monitor and saw 48% use of the battery was the hub! Restarted the hub with the corner swipe move, then shut down the phone, waited a moment, brought it back up. Battery status actually increased a short while up to 25% and quit the crazy draining.

Since then haven't seen any issues.

Only weird thing I can think of is that evening while I was napping I got one of the "emergency alerts" in the hub as our weather service was sending out flash flood warnings. A bug in the hub related to these, maybe? I've since gotten others though without issue. (We've been having some really heavy rains in SE TX this week.)

(Oh, and for anyone wondering, running the official AT&T 10.2.1.2179)

Richard
    05-28-14 12:12 PM
    I totally hate those emergency alerts!
    05-28-14 12:37 PM
    I totally hate those emergency alerts!
    I haven't got one yet while the phone wasn't in silent mode but I know what they should sound like by manually playing the alert tone. Pretty nutty. You can easily turn them off in the hub settings, if you like.

Richard
    05-28-14 12:48 PM
    Last year, we got a BLIZZARD warning. I think it was in the mid-40's with no snow anywhere in the area!!!!! Oh, well.....
    05-28-14 03:44 PM
    I haven't got one yet while the phone wasn't in silent mode but I know what they should sound like by manually playing the alert tone. Pretty nutty. You can easily turn them off in the hub settings, if you like.

Richard
    The phone will have a notification for the emergency. I would like to not receive any notifications of any emergency that is not actively affecting my life.
    05-28-14 04:49 PM
    Last year, we got a BLIZZARD warning. I think it was in the mid-40's with no snow anywhere in the area!!!!! Oh, well.....
    I got three different flash flood warning/watch alerts. All of them 100% spot on...this is my area:

Houston area hit hard by rain for third straight day | News - Home

Sun's been out almost all day and my yard is still shedding water to the street!

Richard
    FF22 likes this.
    05-28-14 05:16 PM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 05:16 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 08:58 AM
    Hello.. per my experience it's nothing big problem!!! It happens because there's no good communication between battery and battery readings.. I mean to say if actual battery has 50% charge the % in device might show either less or more than the actual.

To rectify it you may need to connect to wall charger and remove battery even though it's charging, after 1 minute re insert the battery and charge for 2 -3 hours .. do it for few days if it doesn't get fixed in first attempt..

All the best and let me know the result please

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 08:59 AM