I am just wondering, what's the difference of the leak and the official BB 10.2 os.
    Is the leak not approved by RIM and 'may' consist bug, virus, melware or so? Will the 3rd party change the files inside the leak 10.2 os and publish on web? I saw several download links for BB 10.2 leak and are all not officially from website like .blackberry.com but instead some unknown web hostage server.

Thank you guys
    09-18-13 09:20 PM
    Lol the leaks are always ahead...big difference

And nope no virus, os can't be modified it comes from blackberry internal

Posted via CB10
    blueisme likes this.
    09-18-13 09:23 PM
    given the download links are not from blackberry internal server, can people download it, modify it and publish on 3rd party server? Most links I saw on crackberry are from freakshare & etc.
    09-18-13 09:27 PM
    A leak is just a version of the BlackBerry OS that they use while testing the device for bugs and such. They are officially from the BlackBerry headquarters, but they can still contain bugs and such because they are actually meant for testing. By the time the leak reaches us here on CrackBerry, they are already testing a newer version of the OS at the BlackBerry HQ.
    The BB10 bootloader is locked, so if someone tries to modify the OS, it wouldn't work on the devices.
    Tip: Only download what is provided by the BerryLeaks team and you should be ok

Tl;dr: Leaked can contain bugs and is not released by the carrier and official is mostly bugless and is provided by the carrier

Posted via CB10
    blueisme likes this.
    09-18-13 09:29 PM
    no they cant, it will not load on the device then

And for the original question, its all about the version numbers. If you have a 1725 leak and then att releases 1725 its the same OS functionality wise. Now if att releases 2015 then it should be mroe update with more features or bugfixes. Same is true in reverse. The higher number generally is better to install
    blueisme likes this.
    09-18-13 09:30 PM
    Hermmmm, so for my Blackberry z10 STL100-1, which do you recommend?
    no they cant, it will not load on the device then

And for the original question, its all about the version numbers. If you have a 1725 leak and then att releases 1725 its the same OS functionality wise. Now if att releases 2015 then it should be mroe update with more features or bugfixes. Same is true in reverse. The higher number generally is better to install
    09-18-13 09:39 PM
    The difference between a leak and an oficial os is that leaks are sorta like beta os, they usually have features that don't always make it to official os. Official os have been tested by carriers to make sure it runs with little to no bugs. I'd recommend using leaks because carriers take FOREVER to officially release os. Just make sure you ask around if it's worth updating from your current os. I've only installed stable 10.2 builds without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:17 PM