I heard so many good things about Evernote but when I installed it today- it seems to offer less than Remember. Am I missing something? I can add photos, voice recordings etc to Remember but can't do that with Evernote. I get basically a text editor. This type of app has so much value but it's just not there. But tell me why I am wrong. I put A strong task manager as the third most valuable function after (1) phone (2) emails and messaging.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:35 PM
    im sure it'll be updated in time
    09-17-13 07:40 PM
    Is there a way to move or sync my notes/files in Remember to Evernote???

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:01 PM
    It does it automatically friend. The SIDELOADED app has more features
    09-17-13 08:12 PM
    Is there a way to move or sync my notes/files in Remember to Evernote???

Posted via CB10
    Did you have evernote linked in remember?
    09-17-13 08:12 PM
    Difference for me is the cloud service and the ability to sync back and forth on multiple computers. Remember is a better app (in some ways) but Evernote is a better platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:42 PM
    Does not really matter does it? I have never been able to move notes between the 'local' folders and the 'synced' Evernote folders.
    Did you have evernote linked in remember?
    BlackBerry 10 signed.
    09-17-13 09:47 PM
    Does not really matter does it? I have never been able to move notes between the 'local' folders and the 'synced' Evernote folders.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Move? No.

Place in a synced folder when created? Yes.

Differences between Evernote and Remember-img_00000038.png

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:36 PM
    I heard so many good things about Evernote but when I installed it today- it seems to offer less than Remember. Am I missing something? I can add photos, voice recordings etc to Remember but can't do that with Evernote. I get basically a text editor. This type of app has so much value but it's just not there. But tell me why I am wrong. I put A strong task manager as the third most valuable function after (1) phone (2) emails and messaging.

Posted via CB10
    The side load app is a better choice at this time. Also, other than rich text, the Remember app does have more features. I would suggest that we give it a few months to see what an update or two brings.

I'm glad to have a native app.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:40 PM
    Sure, creating sync'd notes in Remember works just fine, but the question was about "moving local notes". Also, 'Share to'/Tasks (with due date and calendar integration), can not be made in any synced folder, they only work for local folders. I am not sure about tasks created online, but they probably won't have any reminders either.
    I am only using Remember so far as I personally do not need all the added 'extras' from Evernote. I hope they eventually add moving between all folders, or at least Calendar integration for sync'd tasks (due date+reminders).
    ...Move? No.

Place in a synced folder when created?...
    PS: Remember sees a task as something different than a note.
    09-18-13 06:30 AM
    I have both the Android and native version. I required the android version because remember integration would not support tags. I use these for my GTD system and could not live without them.

The new native app does everything I need and it is also quicker at doing it. I've never needed to add multimedia to any of my notes as they are quite basic.

For me the new native app is exactly what I need

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:54 AM
    Sure, creating sync'd notes in Remember works just fine, but the question was about "moving local notes".
    The original question asked about a way to "move or sync my notes/files in Remember to Evernote???" I was just showing a way to make it so your notes could be stored, synced, and moved between synced folders. There is no way to move notes between synced and unsynced folders.

Also, 'Share to'/Tasks (with due date and calendar integration), can not be made in any synced folder, they only work for local folders. I am not sure about tasks created online, but they probably won't have any reminders either.
    I can't share to the calendar from anything, anywhere, within the Z10.

Evernote isn't actually a Task app as much as it is a Notes app - on line or otherwise. Hence, the synced side of Remember doesn't have reminders - notes shouldn't need reminders.

The unsynced side of Remember is the Task app. Yes, it now has reminders at 9:00 a.m. that can be set for a selected date, but it didn't at first. Maybe 10.2 will bring more in this department. However, to be fair, tasks shouldn't need reminders, since we should be working our tasks from our list on any given day. Appointments need reminders, since they require that we be at a specific place at a specific time.

I am only using Remember so far as I personally do not need all the added 'extras' from Evernote. I hope they eventually add moving between all folders, or at least Calendar integration for sync'd tasks (due date+reminders).

PS: Remember sees a task as something different than a note.
    All that'll be nice when it comes, but the addition of rich text made Remember quite functional. I guess the only real drawback for me, at this time, is the inability to create a reoccurring task.
    09-18-13 10:40 AM
    The side load app is a better choice at this time. Also, other than rich text, the Remember app does have more features. I would suggest that we give it a few months to see what an update or two brings.

I'm glad to have a native app.

Posted via CB10
    Remember supports rich text. Did you ever click on the little pen icon in the lower right corner? Not sure if this is 10.2 or higher specific since I run 10.2, but I have rich text editing right in Remember. That plus almost full integration with Evernote makes Remember a pretty solid app.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:55 AM
    Have to agree on most of your points, I was just fiddling with the apps to see how and what they could do now.
    On tasks I agree you, but if you have many running at the same time with deadlines it is nice to have them show in the Calendar/Hub. I guess I will just keep using the local side of Remember for those. Evernote(web) does have the option for due times, maybe those will sync eventually (fingers crossed), so we can have the best of both worlds.

On notes in general, with this update I could not wish for anything else. It gives everyone the options to manage them their own way, and syncs between whatever device you want. Good example for others to follow.
    09-18-13 11:04 AM
    Remember supports rich text. Did you ever click on the little pen icon in the lower right corner? Not sure if this is 10.2 or higher specific since I run 10.2, but I have rich text editing right in Remember. That plus almost full integration with Evernote makes Remember a pretty solid app.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that came with 10.1 - I had a senior moment. :P
    09-18-13 11:27 AM
    I don't see any advantage to using the Evernote native app over Remember. Neither of them has the functionality I am looking for. What I really need is something with reminders that fully integrates with email and calendar. Using OS 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:49 PM
    That's what I am hoping for as well

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:14 PM
    I don't see any advantage to using the Evernote native app over Remember. Neither of them has the functionality I am looking for. What I really need is something with reminders that fully integrates with email and calendar. Using OS 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    Give Checked! a look.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-19-13 06:56 AM
    No, you have to copy your files and paste them into Evernote folders. It seems to be the only way. It is not possible to "share" with or send them to Evernote. When I moved from the 9930 to the Z10, I put my memos in Remember, and now I am in the process of moving them to Evernote, one entry at a time. It's a pain in the *** but I love that Evernote syncs with all my devices. Once I finish the task, I'll have everything everywhere. By the way, the lack of a search function in Remember is a MAJOR drawback.
    09-19-13 11:46 AM
    Is search a function only available in 10.2 (leaks)? Either way, for me just starting to type something in Remember opens a search display. There is no menu entry for it though, I know how some people really need additional buttons...
    ...the lack of a search function in Remember is a MAJOR drawback...
    09-19-13 12:38 PM
    Is search a function only available in 10.2 (leaks)? Either way, for me just starting to type something in Remember opens a search display. There is no menu entry for it though, I know how some people really need additional buttons...
    Inside of the app, no. Universal search works very well at bringing up Remember notes and tasks.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:03 PM
    Am I missing a trick? I want to use Evernote both for notes and lists. So far I have failed on Lists. I would have thought it easy to incorporate a list type. Currently it is cumbersome to make a simple shopping list allowing the deletion, repositioning/sorting. l have been using Lazy Lists. Remember annoys me intensley because one cannot reposition the folders, so unless one made them all in the order you later want to get at them quickly, you'r stuffed. Or have I missed a trick here too.
    09-20-13 10:26 AM
    Am I missing a trick? I want to use Evernote both for notes and lists. So far I have failed on Lists. I would have thought it easy to incorporate a list type. Currently it is cumbersome to make a simple shopping list allowing the deletion, repositioning/sorting. l have been using Lazy Lists. Remember annoys me intensley because one cannot reposition the folders, so unless one made them all in the order you later want to get at them quickly, you'r stuffed. Or have I missed a trick here too.
    Repositioning and sorting aren't going to be easy, but deleting an item is no problem. Tap the screen to the right of the item you want to delete, then swipe right to left with one, two, or three fingers, depending on how many words you want to delete. Once all of the words are deleted in a line, the line and it's accompanying number or bullet point is also deleted.

Remember works similarly. The folders are listed in alphabetical order. Name your folders accordingly in order to have them appear where you would like them to be.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:16 PM