Hi, thanks for having a look. I am wondering what the difference is between the 4 different methods of rebooting the device.
    The Z10 seems to take the same time to reach the home screen and goes through the same processes no matter what method I've used.
    Can someone please enlighten this curious soul?

Thanks in advance.

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    04-04-13 12:48 PM
    Battery pull = restart, which is the same as turning the phone off and back on.

They all accomplish the exact same thing. in fact, if Blackberry went through with their plan to make the battery non-removable, there wouldn't even be an option to pull the battery
    04-04-13 12:52 PM
    I'm only familiar with three.

Turn off: I use the top switch to turn off the screen. The phone is one and will notify of anything that needs my attention.

Reset: I press and hold the top button for three seconds until the device turns off. This appears to be really off - no phone calls or anything else gets through.

Battery pull: Same as reset, but I've had to use this when the phone has locked up and won't respond to any inputs.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 12:58 PM
    Turn off: I use the top switch to turn off the screen. The phone is one and will notify of anything that needs my attention.
    That's standby/lock

Reset: I press and hold the top button for three seconds until the device turns off. This appears to be really off - no phone calls or anything else gets through.
    This is turn off.
    04-04-13 01:00 PM
    One option turns the phone off. The other restarts it. And the final option removes the battery.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:01 PM
    You can also reset by holding the top button for 10 seconds.
    Maybe my question wasn't clear enough, apologies, but I want to know if there are any differences as to what each method does to the device software and memory.

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    04-04-13 01:11 PM
    One option turns the phone off. The other restarts it. And the final option removes the battery.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. LMFAO

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    04-04-13 01:12 PM
    Correction. There are two recommended ways to restart the device. A battery pull is not recommended nor required on the z10. No more battery pulls. Woohooo. See attached pic from support documentation

Difference between Turn-off, reset and battery pull-img_00000973.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-04-13 01:31 PM
    [QUOTE=bintheredundat;8259498]Correction. There are two recommended ways to restart the device. A battery pull is not recommended nor required on the z10. No more battery pulls. Woohooo. See attached pic from support documentation

Thanks for that.
    I know there isn't supposed to be a need to pull the battery but a blackberry experience team member recommended I do it to fix a problem I had with contacts, and if you phone your carrier for support they always tell you to pull the battery to fix network issues.

Does anyone know if the software processes are different between the 4 methods of rebooting?

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    04-04-13 01:42 PM
    a blackberry experience team member recommended I do it to fix a problem I had with contacts, and if you phone your carrier for support they always tell you to pull the battery to fix network issues.
    Just FYI, those people are clueless. A Tmobile rep actually told me to pull the battery out of my Nexus 4 once...
    04-04-13 01:44 PM
    I think the confusion comes from the older BlackBerry devices. When you turned them off, they really didn't turn off all the way. They went into a deep sleep, which made them boot up faster, and allowed for the device to turn off and on automatically at set times. The only way you could be sure that you were starting completely fresh was to pull the battery.

With the Z10, when you turn it off (holding the power button for 3 seconds), it really is turning off. Choosing to turn off the device, or selecting restart is very similar to a battery pull on the old devices. There isn't anything running in the background to wake the phone up later.

I think those who have been doing battery pulls on the Z10 are just used to doing things that way on older BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:56 PM