Unless I am missing something, they are no longer offering the $50 gift card with a pre order of the Z10. If this is true, could it be they pulled the promo once they realized how many $50 gift cards they were giving away?

Just thinking out loud here.

Thoughts?
    03-14-13 08:58 AM
    The Best Buy I went to has never heard of the Z10, had to tell them about it.
    bizclouder likes this.
    03-14-13 09:04 AM
    Unless I am missing something, they are no longer offering the $50 gift card with a pre order of the Z10. If this is true, could it be they pulled the promo once they realized how many $50 gift cards they were giving away?

Just thinking out loud here.

Thoughts?
    Honestly, probably. Most stores will use a promo like that to try and sell things they don't sell much of. So they probably assumed they would have a hard time selling this phone and was offering the gift card. $50 is a lot to be throwing away.
    03-14-13 09:31 AM
    I believe you have to give them $50 for a pre-order deposit in order to get the $50 gift card...not really a free gift card...
    03-14-13 09:33 AM
    Actually I don't think so. I think people have been confused about that promo. What it was is, a while back they offered to give you a $50 gift card if you signed up with your email during a certain window of time(ended a few months ago). If you signed up with your email during that time frame then when you upgraded to a new phone with best buy you were guaranteed the gift card because you signed up for it. I haven't heard of another promotion on top of that one.
    03-14-13 09:37 AM
    I believe you have to give them $50 for a pre-order deposit in order to get the $50 gift card...not really a free gift card...
    With the promotion I explained above, you do receive a free gift card not counting the one you have to buy when you preorder
    03-14-13 09:41 AM
    Incorrect.

I've seen a couple posts from people who did it. They received a $50 gift card and the balance on the phone was also down to $149.

EDIT:This was in response to All
    ErinnM and EchuOkan1 like this.
    03-14-13 09:42 AM
    As recently as yesterday, they were offering a $50 gift card with a pre order of a Z10. The deal you are talking about ended a couple weeks ago (I signed up for it) and was a different promo.
    03-14-13 09:44 AM
    If the $50 pre-order deposit gets credited to your purchase price of the phone, which I don't see why it wouldn't, then yes it is a free gift card.
    03-14-13 09:45 AM
    But if they preordered, then that means they purchased a $50 gift card. Wouldn't that be the reason their balance is $149? If there was an alternate promotion then that's cool wish I would've also got in on that.
    03-14-13 09:46 AM
    As recently as yesterday, they were offering a $50 gift card with a pre order of a Z10. The deal you are talking about ended a couple weeks ago (I signed up for it) and was a different promo.
    I preordered from Best Buy yesterday. Had to BUY a $50 gift card to reserve for 72 hours once available. Then I will use that gift card on the purchase. No "DEAL" unless you signed up for the previous email deal already suggested above.
    Kat0908 likes this.
    03-14-13 09:48 AM
    If the $50 pre-order deposit gets credited to your purchase price of the phone, which I don't see why it wouldn't, then yes it is a free gift card.
    Except you had to pay $50 to get that "credited". How is that free?
    03-14-13 09:48 AM
    That's how I thought it originally worked since they used the word "get" on their website. Then some people started mentioning the promo from earlier in the year and I didn't understand if they were tied together. Hopefully they just give you a gift card
    03-14-13 09:49 AM
    That's how I thought it originally worked since they used the word "get" on their website. Then some people started mentioning the promo from earlier in the year and I didn't understand if they were tied together. Hopefully they just give you a gift card
    Wish it were true, but it isn't...
    03-14-13 09:50 AM
    Wish it were true, but it isn't...

oh well lol
    03-14-13 09:53 AM
    I preordered from Best Buy yesterday. Had to BUY a $50 gift card to reserve for 72 hours once available. Then I will use that gift card on the purchase. No "DEAL" unless you signed up for the previous email deal already suggested above.
    If thats the case, then they were extremely misleading in their ad. That sucks.
    03-14-13 09:54 AM
    Wait, wait..I'm confused!

I'm with the OP on this one..

On Best Buy's website the link for the AT&T Z10 preorder stated that you would recieve a $50 gift card with the PURCHASE of the Z10.

I assumed that it meant when I strolled in on the 22nd to pick up my Z10 I would get a $50 gift card then. I understand that in order to pre-order the phone you basically made a $50 deposit in the form of a gift card. If you didn't pick up the phone within three days of it being available you would be stuck with your "reservation" gift card.

However, on the website today there's no mention of a $50 gift card deal at all. Just that you can pre-order for Verizon, AT&T and T-Mo is coming soon.
    03-14-13 09:56 AM

On Best Buy's website the link for the AT&T Z10 preorder stated that you would recieve a $50 gift card with the PURCHASE of the Z10.

I assumed that it meant when I strolled in on the 22nd to pick up my Z10 I would get a $50 gift card then. I understand that in order to pre-order the phone you basically made a $50 deposit in the form of a gift card. If you didn't pick up the phone within three days of it being available you would be stuck with your "reservation" gift card.

However, on the website today there's no mention of a $50 gift card deal at all. Just that you can pre-order for Verizon, AT&T and T-Mo is coming soon.
    They probably took it off of their page because of people who had the same idea as you. It was confusing and misleading to begin with.
    03-14-13 09:59 AM
    smh..those bastards! *shakes fists*
    Kat0908 likes this.
    03-14-13 10:02 AM
    smh..those bastards! *shakes fists*
    Best Buy gonna Best

ErinnM and Camelhmpz like this.
    03-14-13 10:04 AM
    I understand they you pay $50 with gift card to reserve the phone. That was what I did at Best Buy. I already got my 50 U$ gift card.
    Last edited by brout; 03-14-13 at 02:26 PM.
    03-14-13 10:10 AM
    The politics of adds. Smh.
    03-14-13 10:15 AM

I'd be ecstatic if I do get a gift card when I pick it up, but not holding my breath. The guy I saw definitely new his stuff, wasn't like I had to tell him everything. He also said that they could get the units in before the 22nd. Soooo...I'm hoping! Will reply when I get it.
    03-14-13 10:21 AM
    I'd be ecstatic if I do get a gift card when I pick it up, but not holding my breath. The guy I saw definitely new his stuff, wasn't like I had to tell him everything. He also said that they could get the units in before the 22nd. Soooo...I'm hoping! Will reply when I get it.
    Wow if you got your device in earlier than the 22nd that would be awesome!
    03-14-13 10:23 AM
    Wow if you got your device in earlier than the 22nd that would be awesome!
    I know! And hoping the Z10 will increase my productivity! Cause it has been lacking as I continually scour the Forums for every little bit of news on the Z10 as I wait!!
    03-14-13 10:25 AM
91 123 ...