So I keep getting told I need to find work arounds for any issues I'm having with my Z.

Today I was looking up a phone number on a website and tried to "Click" it to dial like I would with my 9850 and nothing happened, so I copied it and tried to paste it into the phone app which still didn't work. I created a new contact and added that number and tried to call but that failed as well.

I voice dialed Infiniti Personal Assistant, had them Google the number I was looking for, call it, and then connect me. Less steps than using apps or remember, and one less step than my 9850 since I didn't even have to open the browser.

Can't believe people complain about this when simple workarounds are available
    04-17-13 10:21 PM
    You're probably not clicking the number correctly.
    04-17-13 11:09 PM
    My clicker broke after I had to shove a folded up business card behind the battery
    04-17-13 11:20 PM
    dialing a number from a website-click_wrong_jobs.jpg
    00stryder likes this.
    04-17-13 11:31 PM
    The business card trick was for the storm, I don't recommend it for the z
    04-17-13 11:32 PM
    Since apple has to come up in every thread now, did you know they didn't have copy paste when the iphone came out?
    04-17-13 11:33 PM
    The business card trick was for the storm, I don't recommend it for the z
    The problem with clicking the phone number is probably that the phone app is not tied into the browser yet (like email is).
    04-17-13 11:35 PM
    Since apple has to come up in every thread now, did you know they didn't have copy paste when the iphone came out?
    04-17-13 11:36 PM
    The problem with clicking the phone number is probably that the phone app is not tied into the browser yet (like email is).
    I wonder if that's a feature and not a flaw, could potentially keep people from accidentally dialing when they are roaming
    04-18-13 12:34 AM
    Today I was looking up a phone number on a website and tried to "Click" it to dial like I would with my 9850 and nothing happened, so I copied it and tried to paste it into the phone app which still didn't work.
    I wrote a little app to do this. Clipboard Dialer scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Just copy from e-mail, browser, call log and start the app. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the selected text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer. You don't need to be too accurate when selecting the text.
    04-18-13 12:35 AM
    The phone app is tied to the browser. The website doesn't have the phone number coded properly. It needs to be coded like

<a href="tel://1-555-555-5555">+1 (555) 555-5555</a>

If it is done this way, the dialer will pop up when you click on it.
    04-18-13 05:52 AM