Is there any way to stop the. BlackBerry to stop the soft data wipe after the competition of device password attempts

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:22 AM
    No, there isn't. The data on the device is gone. Allow the security wipe to finish uninterrupted, or you'll end up with additional problems.
    04-14-14 05:28 AM
    I mean if someone steals the phone he will try it and finishes the limit the phone reboots again after security wipe soo I'm asking is there is any way to stop to avoid the security wipe?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:37 AM
    I mean if someone steals the phone he will try it and finishes the limit the phone reboots again after security wipe soo I'm asking is there is any way to stop to avoid the security wipe?

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:10 AM
    No, this is a built-in security measure to protect your data. There's no way to turn it off. That is, other than not using a password, an leaving all your data exposed to whomever picks up your device.
    04-14-14 06:11 AM
    There is an option in setting that allows you to choose whether or not you want your phone to reset or lock when you've used up all of your ten tries. Although I don't quite remember where it is

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:44 AM
    sounds like some one got a phone from who knows where
    04-14-14 08:56 AM
    sounds like some one got a phone from who knows where
    Maybe he got the special 5 finger discount.
    04-14-14 09:34 AM
    There is an option in setting that allows you to choose whether or not you want your phone to reset or lock when you've used up all of your ten tries. Although I don't quite remember where it is

Posted via CB10
    I'm not aware of any such option. It isn't mentioned in any BlackBeery reference material either. Can you popint out where that option resides?
    04-14-14 09:55 AM
    If you steal the phone think of the security swipe as a complete phone cleaning and reset.

What more can you ask for?

You don't need to worry about all those personal preferences getting in your way.

If you do it quick enough you could literally stand next to the person, the person you steal it from won't know it was their phone you swiped/wiped since it be reset to defaults.

Be sure to leave their case.

The least you could do is steal some else's case.

Via my device connected to the Ethernet
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-14-14 10:51 AM
    If you steal the phone think of the security swipe as a complete phone cleaning and reset.

What more can you ask for?

You don't need to worry about all those personal preferences getting in your way.

If you do it quick enough you could literally stand next to the person, the person you steal it from won't know it was their phone you swiped/wiped since it be reset to defaults.

Be sure to leave their case.

The least you could do is steal some else's case.

Via my device connected to the Ethernet
    WTF are you thinking?? I hope someone steals your phone for posting this!

What next your going to tell them how to get around the blacklist?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:12 AM
    WTF are you thinking?? I hope someone steals your phone for posting this!

What next your going to tell them how to get around the blacklist?

Posted via CB10
    You might be missing out on some sarcasm here. ;-)

Anyway you can never erase a PIN from a BB, so stolen can still be crippled. If it's on a CDMA network, then you also have the ESN to deal with as well. If my BB is lost, someone will end up with a useless brick. And a free 64GB SD card.

edit: the phone can potentially be partially crippled. I guess there is no real way to stop it from being used for voice/sms... since I doubt a carrier cares about its PIN. Actually, I am not totally sure about any of this now that there is no BIS. Hmm.
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-14-14 02:23 PM