For about 5 days my Z10 has been losing the available store until it reaches 2% and it keeps spamming "Device Store Almost Full." I've tried everything, reloading OS, upgrading to a high leak, and Security Wipe.

if anyone can offer any help please do so
    05-20-14 09:18 AM
    What does your device monitor say?
    05-20-14 09:39 AM
    Everything looks normal it's just the eating up the storage space.
    05-20-14 09:42 AM
    Well I also see device storage being taken over by some of the apps. This is why I keep asking how can I really clear cash.

For example Snap takes up about 130MB, even though I only have 4 small apps installed through it. When I clear it's cash through the app it only frees up about 13 MB.

Crackberry's app also has grown to have 120MB. It's a bit annoying.
    05-20-14 09:43 AM
    Everything looks normal it's just the eating up the storage space.
    If your phone says it's used 98% of all you device space, then something is using up 15.68GB...

What dose the device monitor say under 'storage'?

Another possibility is an app. causing it running in the background - have you recently installed anything new, maybe an Android app?

I've only had this happen once, and it was the Twitter native app., Mt account is quite large, and it chewed the memory up as to make my Z30 unusable. Deleted the app and never seen the issue since.
    05-20-14 10:00 AM
    Well I also see device storage being taken over by some of the apps. This is why I keep asking how can I really clear cash.

For example Snap takes up about 130MB, even though I only have 4 small apps installed through it. When I clear it's cash through the app it only frees up about 13 MB.

Crackberry's app also has grown to have 120MB. It's a bit annoying.
    I agree that the cache is a real pain. At least CB / SNAP have the option of clearing it. But you'd still need to be pretty near full anyway to get the issue the OP is talking of, particularly if it's all of a sudden.
    05-20-14 10:01 AM
    Op after you security wipe,did you restore?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 10:05 AM
    There were other cases like this. Here is one of the threads: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...re-z10-915317/

One of the causes:

In my case, I believe it was a badly coded app - I have eliminated it down to the Webex app that runs in the background. The app, when connected to the internet was sucking down data and filling my device memory right up to the limit to where I couldn't use my phone. So it was an app that was causing bad stuff to happen to my phone.
    Other cause:

I had this happen to me when I was transferring files to my phone from my computer. I deleted a file. It disappeared from my file manager, so I started adding other files. It may have just gotten rid of the link/icon on my file manager but the phone was still trying to make space for it. All while I was transferring more files to my phone.

I decided to cancel the transfer because it was so slow. Disconnected my phone from my computer. It kept saying device almost full. I started deleting apps and other files and just waited for it to settle.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    05-20-14 10:15 AM
    System taking up 12.45 GB, User Files 2 MB, Apps 472 MB from the default apps, Free 277 MB

I have any app installed in case an app was causing it. I will reload the OS again to a different 10.2.1 and see if that solves it.
    05-20-14 10:23 AM
    You should try SIC wipe

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 10:46 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=924580

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 10:47 AM
    if you have igrann check that, i had it using 1GB at one point
    05-20-14 12:30 PM
    Guys check if you have Dropbox or box installed on your phone.... just sign out of these Dropbox & box accounts....storage issue will be restored....
    Have fun C0027623D

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 12:46 PM
    Nothing still losing storage
    05-20-14 01:15 PM
    Guys check if you have Dropbox or box installed on your phone.... just sign out of these Dropbox & box accounts....storage issue will be restored....
    Have fun C0027623D

Posted via CB10
    Like i said no apps installed
    05-20-14 01:20 PM
    Pretty sure they're pre-loaded?
    You did security wipe? I hear if you do nothing but OTA upgrades, it stores a certain amount of clutter from the previous installation, which eventually eats up your storage space.
    Like i said no apps installed
    05-20-14 02:09 PM
    Pretty sure they're pre-loaded?
    You did security wipe? I hear if you do nothing but OTA upgrades, it stores a certain amount of clutter from the previous installation, which eventually eats up your storage space.
    Tried autoloader, reloaded official is, installed latest 10.3 leak and all of them gave me the same results.

Device Storage Vanishing Away-img_20140520_155416.png

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 02:55 PM
    Have you tried looking through the File Manager to see if there are any accessible folders that might be taking up the space ?

For those not aware, a long press on a folder name brings then select Properties for a count of the files, total space used and such.
    Tater Tots likes this.
    05-20-14 03:23 PM
    Have you tried looking through the File Manager to see if there are any accessible folders that might be taking up the space ?

For those not aware, a long press on a folder name brings then select Properties for a count of the files, total space used and such.
    Found the culprit: The Misc folder taking up 16 GB but I try to delete the items inside it tells me Permission Denied. HELP
    05-20-14 05:34 PM
    Found the culprit: The Misc folder taking up 16 GB but I try to delete the items inside it tells me Permission Denied. HELP
    CAUTION!!!!!

The Misc folder contains "mirrors" or "duplicates" or "symbolic links" to some of your REAL files found in the photo/music/video/etc folders. They look like real files but are only there for reference so that Android apps can find those files. But if you delete them from the Misc Folder, you will also be deleting the REAL ORIGINAL Files. Use care anytime you delete files from the misc folder.
    05-20-14 07:09 PM
    CAUTION!!!!!

The Misc folder contains "mirrors" or "duplicates" or "symbolic links" to some of your REAL files found in the photo/music/video/etc folders. They look like real files but are only there for reference so that Android apps can find those files. But if you delete them from the Misc Folder, you will also be deleting the REAL ORIGINAL Files. Use care anytime you delete files from the misc folder.
    So in essence my music and pictures on my SD card are being duplicated so they're usable with android apps?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 07:32 PM
    If that's the case, try to download Clean Master from BlackBerry World. It might clean data for android

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 08:27 PM
    If that's the case, try to download Clean Master from BlackBerry World. It might clean data for android

Posted via CB10
    Link plz. I can't find it.
    05-20-14 08:45 PM
    So in essence my music and pictures on my SD card are being duplicated so they're usable with android apps?

Posted via CB10
    NO!

Frankly, I don't understand the entire mechanism but the "dupes" in the Misc/android folder are somewhat like Windows Shortcuts. They allow Android to find and play music or show photos in the Android Gallery. The links take up a tiny amount of space - enough, probably to create directory or index entries. So, if you look at those folders using, say Win Explorer, they will show the full size of each file because Windows does not understand this type of linking.

If you/user only stores say, 8gigs of music and 4gigs of video and 1 gig of photos in INTERNAL memory, say about 14 or so gigs. But you try using Windows to copy all of Internal memory to your computer harddisk, it will fully copy 28 gigs. Now, you know that Internal Memory canNOT store that much data. It is the "linked dupes" being copied as if they were real. I know this because I tried copying my Internal memory data to my computer and it was willingly copying twice as much as could possibly exist. Then I realized it did not differentiate between the original files and these so-called dupes in the Misc/android folder.

This does not mean that there is not some or lots of junk in the misc folder but you have to pick through it carefully.
    05-20-14 09:41 PM
    Link plz. I can't find it.
    Oops sorry it's not on BlackBerry World.

Try this. Download this using your BlackBerry browser.

http://www.1mobile.com/clean-master-...er-569446.html

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 11:41 PM
28 12