Pretty much nothing I can do about this now and it is why I never bothered to encrypt the SD card in the past. But a week ago I decided to set a numeric password. I chose the phone number I had as a kid, which I have known off by heart for over 30 years, yet when I enter it... it's somehow wrong. Super handy there BlackBerry, thanks.

Apart from being an annoying issue in its self, I am typing this on the device, with full access to the SD card, because I clearly know the picture password. So... may as well let me plug it into the o'l PC, because I can Bluetooth or email the files anyway...

Anyhow, device encryption for "normal people", in my experience, is little more than a pain in the ***. It's noticeably slower like this too.

Considering I am on my Z10 to see what 10.3.2 is all about, after using Android 4.4.4 for the last several months, this is not leaving the best impression. Never had such an issue on my 9900, Q10, or Moto-E, where the pin actually IS what I typed it as, imagine that. Heck, I bet I could fire up my old Curve and get into it...

Sigh

Posted via CB10

On a happy note, my Q10 was at 68% charge even though I had it off and unused for a month or so. No issues transferring the suprsekrit data from my encrypted SD card in my Z10 to my Q10. Seriously, no prompt for device pin when making a BT connection, because I know the picture password, but a PC connection, it prompts me. So secure, I feel my BlackBerry is all I need to save me from the zombie apocalypse... :|

Side, too bad the double typing is so awful on my Q10, because I otherwise quite like it...
    Last edited by Tatwi; 08-02-15 at 11:52 PM.
    08-02-15 11:15 PM
    your title is somewhat misleading. Your device PIN number is a hardcoded number given to your device. What you wanted to say was that the device PASSWORD is not what you remember, right? Pin and password are two different things to BlackBerry
    08-03-15 05:35 AM
    your title is somewhat misleading. Your device PIN number is a hardcoded number given to your device. What you wanted to say was that the device PASSWORD is not what you remember, right? Pin and password are two different things to BlackBerry
    08-03-15 06:27 AM