Hi Everyone!!

I've entered my device password on my phone wrong, I can't remember it

I did take everything of my phone and it was backed up...how long does this wipe take? I really hope that my phone will come back on again Please any help would be appreciated!!

Surette
    02-27-14 02:28 PM
    Time depends. Mine usually about20 minutes. Little data, no encryption. Have seen it take 2 to 4 hours and longer for some.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    Surette Viljoen likes this.
    02-27-14 02:36 PM
    Thanks! Guess I'll have to be patient. So the phone will at least be ok after this swipe? I don't mind the factory settings, but I just want to know that I will have a phone again?
    02-27-14 02:42 PM
    I'm sure that the phone will be okay. I don't think it will self destruct so to speak

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:10 PM
    Yeah, it'll be ok, but it'll also be a while, and when it finishes it will be completely blank.

Plug it into a source of USB power so it doesn't die while completing it.
    02-27-14 03:20 PM
    Ok Thanks guys, its plugged in so it won't die...and I'm off to bed. Hopefully it will be done by the morning
    02-27-14 03:22 PM
    My last wipe took 16 hours. Whatever you do. Don't get inpatient and do a battery pull. That can really mess it up
    02-27-14 03:38 PM
    Well the phone has started again...set up the basics again, now it is the big software update But thank you so much for all the help!! Hopefully soon it will be as good as it was hehe I must say it is faster now again with less on it haha

I did put the security code on again but this time the same as my sim password so I won't forget again!

Have a lovely Day/ Night!!
    slade632, FF22 and ZedMacahan like this.
    02-28-14 01:06 AM
    Well the phone has started again...set up the basics again, now it is the big software update But thank you so much for all the help!! Hopefully soon it will be as good as it was hehe I must say it is faster now again with less on it haha

I did put the security code on again but this time the same as my sim password so I won't forget again!

Have a lovely Day/ Night!!
    To be sure you don't forget your password, if you share it with us, it will remain our secret and we can remind you if you do forget!
    02-28-14 11:51 AM
    To be sure you don't forget your password, if you share it with us, it will remain our secret and we can remind you if you do forget!
    along with your credit card details and home address.....

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    barbarianthemadserb and FF22 like this.
    02-28-14 12:00 PM
    I've had a clean phone take hours. And a full phone take 10 mins. It's weird.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-28-14 12:02 PM