So just recently I have noticed that my phone has been draining faster than usual but thought it was just because of the extra usage the z10 has been getting but I have just discovered that the device and media encryption that I asked the phone to do a couple of days, possibly a week ago is still not complete. I've tried to cancel the encryption and now it says deencryption and yet again seems to be stuck. I have restarted the phone at least twice since I tried encryption and its still not stopped, completed or failed.
    What's the best way to get this to stop or complete?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:02 AM
    You might need to do a security wipe and reload our data. Make sure everything is unencrypted before you do that.
    06-05-13 02:07 AM
    You might need to do a security wipe and reload our data. Make sure everything is unencrypted before you do that.
    The device deencryption has worked however the media one hasn't moved in over 3 hours and I can't do anything with it. I don't want to do a security wipe until I know for sure that the card is not encrypted...

Here's a screen shot of the page as it is now..

Device and media encryption problem-img_00000692.png

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 04:46 AM
    Try copying everything to your desktop PC, if you can open the files they're not encrypted.
    06-05-13 09:57 AM
    I don't know if encryption has improved following subsequent OS updates but when I first enabled it , it made a colossal mess out of my files and did exactly as you describe - stayed stuck in a forever loop of incomplete decryption.

I'm staying away from it now. I've decided the risk of unencrypted files is more acceptable than the litany of problems this not-ready-for-primetime function brings.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    06-05-13 10:03 AM