When I enter development mode it usually shows an ip address, but it does not change would this be a problem, trying to sideloaded an app but getting an error I usually sideload easy at home but on work it showing my home ip address

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 06:57 AM
    The IP address you see on the development mode screen is exclusively for USB, and thus does not change. That's not to say you can't sideload via wifi, you can, but you need to use the devices IPV4 address.

Which method are you trying to use?
    12-20-13 07:00 AM
    It's not a real ip address, right? its a 169.154.x.x?
    That address isn't a real internet connected address, so to speak.
    So you should be ok as long as you cable your phone to your PC.
    12-20-13 07:01 AM
    Or thought was a real connection, my bad used the scanning feature on dpbb and got it to finally work

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 07:23 AM
    I have used a static ip address on my Z10 and that's what I use when I use Chrome to sideload. I ignore the ip address provided in the Development Mode screen.
    12-20-13 12:09 PM
    The chrome add-on will also accept the name of the device on the network or the devices wifi ip.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 12:23 PM
    I have used a static ip address on my Z10 and that's what I use when I use Chrome to sideload. I ignore the ip address provided in the Development Mode screen.
    Never good figure out the chrome method

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:34 PM
    Never good figure out the chrome method

Posted via CB10
    It's an add-on available. I think it's called PlayBook device manager or app manager. It definitely has PlayBook in the title.

You connect your device to the same network as your pc.

Put the devices ip in the box on the add-on and click save.

Put your device in development mode.

Then you can either click on the device ip on chrome which had become a hyperlink or direct your browser to https://x.x.x.x

Replacing the x's with your device IP.

This should load up a screen showing all your devices apps.

You can then side load .bar files into your device.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 10:38 AM
    Would give it a try again, is that method easier than using Dpbb

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 03:33 PM
    ive tried that and the ip address i get is 10.0 somthing somthing. ive tried multiple times but its not connectin to the blackberry device ca i plz get some help? am i doing somethign wrong or something not set up?
    slickanese likes this.
    10-03-20 05:17 AM
    ive tried that and the ip address i get is 10.0 somthing somthing. ive tried multiple times but its not connectin to the blackberry device ca i plz get some help? am i doing somethign wrong or something not set up?
    This thread is 7 years old, you should probably open a new thread, the answers here are just so out of date.
    10-04-20 05:33 AM
    I think the address you are looking for is:

You will of course need to use something like the playbook app manager in chrome and connect your phone by usb cable for this to work.
    10-04-20 05:48 AM
    I think the address you are looking for is:

You will of course need to use something like the playbook app manager in chrome and connect your phone by usb cable for this to work.
    Actually, for the Chrome extension, you can also sideload the app over WiFi. Just use the ipv4 IP Address of the phone (typically starts with 192.168 and is available under Settings > About > Network)

Posted via CB10
    10-04-20 01:37 PM
    yah i went to those settings.. my ip for some reason starts with a 10.0.0.65 and i dont understand why. is my settings set up wrong maybe my router or modem? are u sippose to be plugged in with ur usb conneced to your pc the whoel time while looking up the ip address and trying to connect ? is that the reason why? usb plugged in while doing all this?
    10-05-20 09:12 AM
    yah i went to those settings.. my ip for some reason starts with a 10.0.0.65 and i dont understand why. is my settings set up wrong maybe my router or modem? are u sippose to be plugged in with ur usb conneced to your pc the whoel time while looking up the ip address and trying to connect ? is that the reason why? usb plugged in while doing all this?
    You shouldn’t need to look anything up, just use the playbook extension for chrome and connect your phone with a usb cable.

All BB10 phones use the same address so once you put your phone into developer mode and run the chrome extension it should connect, if it doesn’t something else is wrong, check you have really turned on developer mode etc.
    10-05-20 12:22 PM