I'm quite annoyed and devastated that at approximately 01:30 my Z10 sadly passed away. It would not charge and switch on and could not be detected by usb. As I have had the handset just over 2 months it had to be sent off for repair which is going to take two weeks. Having to use an old handset I feel like I've been downgraded from a Porsche to a Ford. Not quite sure what happened but the handset was on charge at the time. Has anyone else experienced this? And yes I was using the charger supplied with the handset at the time!
    04-20-13 11:06 AM
    Did you ever drop your phone? That could be the problem.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-20-13 11:22 AM
    Wow, sorry to hear that.

Curious, was the charger directly plugged into the wall?

I don't think they tell you to do this, but I just happen to have a surge protector behind my night stand to get more outlet use.

And the computer I use to charge my Z10 has a surge protector as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:23 AM
    Hey! What's wrong with a Ford? Hater!

I kid....sorta...LOL

Sorry to hear about the phone, hopefully it gets fixed quick and correctly

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    04-20-13 11:35 AM
    Always hate to hear about stuff like this..best of luck in getting a fast replacement.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:36 AM
    Happened to my girlfriend... exactly what you described, however she got a new one because it was within the warranty period...

The replacement unit is perfect.

Don't worry at all, it is highly unlikely that the repaired unit they give you will have any problems, you just got a defective unit, and yes it sucks, but you will be up and running in no time!
    04-20-13 11:40 AM
    Hey! What's wrong with a Ford? Hater!

I kid....sorta...LOL
    F ix
    O n
    R oad
    D aily

Lol....just jerkin your chain. couldn't help myself.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry and pittster like this.
    04-20-13 11:52 AM
    My sympathies are with you and your family at this sensitive time.
    D2bleD likes this.
    04-20-13 11:56 AM
    This used to happen to the bold 9900, overnight charging bricks.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:59 AM
    Ford

Found on road dead
    Fix or repair daily

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:27 PM
    My last vehicle was a Ford. Dirt cheap to fix and very reliable.

My favorite memory --- I got rear ended by some guy when I stopped for a pedestrian.

I opened my door and saw liquid and parts sliding across the road. Worried I ran to the back of my truck.

The plastic car that hit me was a complete write off. My truck not a dent.

I ended up driving the guy to work. I will always remember when the officer asked me for my statement I said : this guy just hit me and did all this rust damage! Not even a smile. Angry police officers here lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:44 PM
    F ix
    O n
    R oad
    D aily

Lol....just jerkin your chain. couldn't help myself.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Actually it was...

F ound
    O n
    R oad
    D ead

So it's

F ixed
    O r
    R epaired
    D aily

Posted from the beyond...
    04-20-13 12:53 PM
    I've never dropped the handset. I had a case and screen protector bought before I even got the handset. Tbh the charger was plugged directly into the wall however in that same bank of plugs so was my PlayBook and that is still fine. This is going to be a loooong 14 days! God knows it may be longer based on the customer service from EE/T-mobile these days.
    04-20-13 12:57 PM
    My Z10 bricked itself and T-Mobile (USA) exchanged it with overnight shipping. I had it within 48 hours.
    04-20-13 01:01 PM
    Time to throw yourself under a ******* train. Or... get another phone. I thought the iDrool crowd was pathetic.
    04-20-13 01:02 PM
    Time to throw yourself under a ******* train. Or... get another phone. I thought the iDrool crowd was pathetic.
    Please remember that...
    Devastated!!!!-2012-08-02-trollmeme.png

Let's keep this thread on topic and appropriate!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:58 PM
    One good thing to look forward to is an update by the time you get it back
    04-20-13 02:37 PM
    Ah well if this is a true event then it happens at times to phones.

I wish ppl would post a video of this and show in video it not turning on.

You could of tried stack charging or 3 button reset or bricked OS install.

But anyway u sent it back.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-20-13 02:41 PM
    Sorry to hear that but like everyone else said I'm sure the next one will be great. So far mine has been perfect. Sold my iPhone 5 and bought a white z10 off ebay for a great price.

First
    On
    Race
    Day

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:44 PM
    I have had7 Fords. Best cars ever. My current Expedition has over 120,000 miles and looks like new. And my Bold 9000 is 4 years old. Waiting for the Q10.
    04-20-13 02:47 PM
    i know how you feel veevee10, i had to take mine back to carphone warehouse yesterday for it to be sent of for repair, i was having connectivity problems with mine. im devestated just like you, im having to use a samsung s2 and i hate using droid phones its going to kill me waiting the 2 weeks to get my Z10 back but hopefully when we do get them back they might have the new 10.1 OS on them.
    04-20-13 03:27 PM
    It's BlackBerry and their damn USB ports. I can't believe they still can't figure it out. It's pretty sad when a company as big as BlackBerry can't figure out how to construct a solid port.
    04-20-13 03:43 PM
    That reminded me of having the usb replaced on my 9860... Ouch $80 after only 1 year and not covered under warranty
    04-20-13 04:22 PM
    My sympathies. Hope you get your z10 back soon. How awful to live without this wonderful device. Hope for a quick recovery.
    04-20-13 04:35 PM
    One good thing that came out of this experience so far is that I showed the manager in the shop how to use the handset. He didn't even know how to peak out of the current screen on the display model and thought whatsapp still wasn't available. I did ask him if he had any training and by the time I was finished giving him the demo he was asking if I wanted a job, lol! I dunno I do think people are afraid to sell this handset as they just don't know enough about what it can do. Even the basic functions! It's not a gimmick handset so it seems they just can't be bothered, plus I don't think there are any incentives for the staff to get to know. I know blackberry gave incentives for Devs and yes word of mouth is cool but if someone goes into a shop and staff are more concerned in shoving an iPhone down your throat people won't even realise it's a whole new blackberry experience.
    04-21-13 04:52 PM
26 12