WTF.........
    04-13-13 12:10 AM
    ^^ I'm sorry if my Arctic humor is not to your liking. I'm socially deprived up here, see..?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:15 AM
    Down here in 'Merika, Android and iPhone rule the land. I live in a university town in Florida with a bussling youthful community and NOBODY has a Z10. Our local phone retailers don't even have them advertised. _This_ is the real world. Not Canada, birth place of the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    What's your point? Look at the thread's title, it's about misleading information regarding high returns. Aaah, now I understand, you mean no Z10s, no returns. Thank you for provinding information supporting the OP's argument.

Cheers.
    QERNB, dj_matty_s and HedoBum like this.
    04-13-13 04:21 AM
    Are you joking. No one thought I was talking about land mass you maroon.

Posted via CB10
    Hey! If you are referring to the band, I like Adam Levine too.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    04-13-13 09:22 PM
    they are a bunch of fools
    04-13-13 11:40 PM
    "Moxie's (great Canadian chain with very good hiring policies)"

Read enough, end of post. You live in freaking CANADA dude. The mother land of all things RIM. OF course there are people around you using the latest BB device. LOL good grief.

Down here in 'Merika, Android and iPhone rule the land. I live in a university town in Florida with a bussling youthful community and NOBODY has a Z10. Our local phone retailers don't even have them advertised. _This_ is the real world. Not Canada, birth place of the BlackBerry.
    The real world? There are 6 billion people in the world and only 300 million lives in the US. The real world is outside the US

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:02 AM

Read enough, end of post. You live in freaking CANADA dude. The mother land of all things RIM. OF course there are people around you using the latest BB device. LOL good grief.

Its wrong to say BB is doing well based on the fact that canadians like BB, but its right to say that BB is not doing well because americans dont like it...

maybe Detwiler is american and using your same logic
    04-14-13 12:20 AM
    I know two including myself in San Diego area.

Post via CB10
    04-14-13 12:47 AM

Exactly the reason why there's a thread on Crackberry called Tired of people insulting Americans. This is the impression the rest of us are left with of Americans.
    Way to represent!

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-14-13 12:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack and bungaboy like this.
    04-14-13 12:54 AM
    Yea were all closer then everyone thinks. 80% of all Canadian blackberry users are within 100 miles of the us border. We're all the same zombies trying not to listen to fox

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:48 AM
    The real world? There are 6 billion people in the world and only 300 million lives in the US. The real world is outside the US

Posted via CB10
    Over 7 billions now actually.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:49 AM
    I found a link to a fantastic interview. The OP had the title TOTALLY wrong, so I reposted it under : "Z10 return claims are false" interview. Everyone should give it a view.
    04-14-13 05:04 AM
    So the Z10 is a big bust, eh? I'm sitting in a Moxie's (great Canadian chain with very good hiring policies) at the bar and I look at the guy next to me - he's flicking away on his Z10. I ask him how he likes it and he gives me a big thumbs up as he flicks away.

Then the two guys next to him pull out their z10's and tell me they love them too. And then a woman two spots down on the other side and asks if she can join the BlackBerry party. All in all, 7 phones out of 10 were Z10's.

Now that is research Detwiler!

Posted via CB10
    Wow. I certainly hope that we see that in the US. When I pull out my Z10, I'm always the only one and the only stares I get are rooted in "are you seriously using that piece of [insert expletive here]?" I was in Toronto, Ottawa and Moncton recently and I did see 1 Z10 while waiting for my flight in Toronto but can't say I saw a single Z10 at either of the other airports. I would have thought that government types in Ottawa would be supporting their home country device.
    04-14-13 07:21 AM
    I'm in New York and I see Blackberries all the time. They certainly outnumber the Android phones I see. Now these are older qwerty BBs. Outside of Crackberry meetup, I've seen only a few Z10s in the wild. But Blackberries are everywhere. Many people who have them in the office will upgrade to the Q10, if not right away, then when their current contract is up.
    But yes, Canada is going to be a special case for Blackberry. I expect much heavier adoption there than. I've been told that in South Korea the Samsung GS3 is ubiquitous. It is considered the phone of the Korean people. Makes sense.
    I'm in NYC too and I've never seen Blackberries of any vintage in large numbers. I generally do my "subway survey" where I make a point of looking at the phones people use while riding the subway which I do daily whenever I'm in NYC (as opposed to traveling for work). The most BBs I have ever counted are 3. Maybe the BB set are more town car users. I also fly generally out of Laguardia or Newark and the most I have ever counted at the gate for BBs of all vintages is 5 and that was on a flight from Laguardia to Toronto. None of these BB sightings actually involve the Z10.
    Last edited by NYC10065; 04-14-13 at 08:05 AM.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    04-14-13 07:28 AM
    So @TimHorton (ironic that you chose a handle with the name of a Canadian who played for Americans), you're saying we should all keep quiet and mind our own business? How very Canadian of you. I will give credit to our American cousins - they understand patriotism and I do admire them for it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm a Canadian living in the U.S. and I agree with TimHorton. It's always irritating to hear Canadians root for the so-called superior health care and the like especially when I know several Canadians who come to the U.S. for cancer treatment because they don't want to have to wait for it in Canada. I'm all for flying the flag and cheering for Team Canada, but the Canadian inferiority complex is really provincial.
    04-14-13 07:35 AM
    By the way - apologies to my many American friends. I know that this fellow doesn't represent you all, but unfortunately he propagates the stereotype.
    He lives in Florida. Need we say more?
    04-14-13 07:36 AM
    America is a large market, but it's no longer the absolute most important. India has more than 3x America's population and they have received the Blackberry fairly well. Plus, even if only 1% of India uses Blackberry, that's at least 10 million people

There are lots of cars that are released in every market except North America. It doesn't make them bad cars or poor-selling cars.

Would it be beneficial to grab market share in America? Definitely. But not being able to penetrate the US market is not a big deal if you play your cards right in other regions. That's partly why countries like the UK were chosen to get the Z10 first - not just because of carrier testing, but because those countries have higher percentages of smartphone users who like BB.
    Agree about India but I was in Mumbai last fall and what I saw was lots of BB devices (primarily BB Curves) that were popular among junior employees while the senior managers and executives were almost exclusively on iPhone (didn't see many/any Samsung) with a handful on the Bold 9900. Given the price difference between a Curve (approx. INR8,500) and the Z10 (approx. INR40,000) (source: mysmartprice.com), I think how the Z10 does among the existing Indian BB market remains to be seen.
    04-14-13 07:51 AM
    Hardly conclusive since the "bussling" youthful community isn't the only target demographic, your limited worldview notwithstanding.
    Sadly, I have not seen a SINGLE other person with a Z10 in my town...I live in the Washington DC area and work at a large University here...The only devices I see are Androids and Iphones, dumbs phones and a few legacy Blackberrys...and I do check
    04-14-13 08:01 AM
    He lives in Florida. Need we say more?
    Such a comment from a CBC Listener, need we say more?
    04-14-13 08:02 AM
    Dude, you have to drop that "everything is about the US" attitude !! in my country BlackBerry still rules, as in the whole Latin America !!

My bro and sis live in Florida, they both have Z10s !!
    04-14-13 08:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    True. However US has the highest consumption in the world in terms of dollar average. Though as China and India emerge to be the future economy powers, it will shift towards them.
    04-14-13 09:33 AM

Give it time, it's only out in the US for a few weeks. I travel to Europe and Asia and am starting to see them in the bars, airplanes, airports.
    04-14-13 10:43 AM

I was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for several days during the T-Moble US launch and I did see several Z10's in the wild when I was there. One night I was at a T.G.I. Fridays and I pulled out my Z10. The waitress who was serving me immediately recognized it and asked me how do I like it. She told me that she had just bought a new Z10. Across from me at another table were a couple and one of them was sporting a Z10.

During the same trip, I stopped at a Bank of America branch and I saw 2 or 3 people out of 10 that were in the line all sporting Z10. The next day I drove to the Sawgrass Mills Mall, which is one of the biggest malls in that area and I did spot several Z10 among some of the customers walking by. So from my perspective it is getting some visibility in the States, but not at the level that I would like.

Despite this I do see it having the potential to catch on in the US and I don't think it is the "doom and gloom" story that Detwiler Fenton and others are portraying.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    agp101 likes this.
    04-14-13 11:25 AM
    "Very good hiring policies" hahaha
    Yep, with strict adherence to certain criteria in employee selection process

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:20 PM
115 ... 2345