So the Z10 is a big bust, eh? I'm sitting in a Moxie's (great Canadian chain with very good hiring policies) at the bar and I look at the guy next to me - he's flicking away on his Z10. I ask him how he likes it and he gives me a big thumbs up as he flicks away.

Then the two guys next to him pull out their z10's and tell me they love them too. And then a woman two spots down on the other side and asks if she can join the BlackBerry party. All in all, 7 phones out of 10 were Z10's.

Now that is research Detwiler!

Posted via CB10
    I like that the Z10 is doing well and I have one myself but I'd think that a certain demographic spends their lunch at Moxies and I'm sure that demographic fits into the group that is most likely to be purchasing Z10s regardless.

Wouldn't read too much into this.
    04-12-13 02:25 PM
    i have not met a single person with the Z10 that has not liked it over any device they had before it.
    Hi Sandy! I'm 21stNow.
    04-12-13 02:26 PM
    So @TimHorton (ironic that you chose a handle with the name of a Canadian who played for Americans), you're saying we should all keep quiet and mind our own business? How very Canadian of you. I will give credit to our American cousins - they understand patriotism and I do admire them for it.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-12-13 02:28 PM
    Every one here should blog about their Z10 experiences. Let the world know the universe does not revolve around apple.
    04-12-13 02:30 PM
    @R_from_Toronto - what demographic would that be and how would that affect what phone they own?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:31 PM
    SDTRMG and fedakd like this.
    04-12-13 02:38 PM
    I'm Canadian but some of my compatriots are idiots. Enough with the inferiority complex. I had one and got over it. The US is ten times the size of Canada. That means everything is multiplied by 10 folks. We are a tiny pebble on the planet. The USA matters to the success of the platform. Americans could care less about health care and hockey debates too. Geez. We should be proud but a reserved pride. We get mad that the universe revolves around the US but get over it. It does! It certainly doesn't revolve around us. In fact, we matter very little to the success of BlackBerry. Penetration in the US is crucial.

Posted via CB10
    I guess the other 40 or so countries that the phone was released in don't matter?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and web99 like this.
    04-12-13 03:08 PM
    they look like a crap company - anw they are blocking my ip from accessing their company profile for some reason..
    04-12-13 03:13 PM
    Every country is important to the success of BlackBerry and the z10/q10 phones. In Toronto here I have 5 friends besides myself that I know have a z10 and a few others waiting for their contracts to be up to get one. They all either come from the iphones/sg3s and have nothing but positive things to say about the z10 when I ask them what they think of it. Same goes for others who I have shown it to who own other phones.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    missing_K-W and CDM76 like this.
    04-12-13 03:16 PM
    "Moxie's (great Canadian chain with very good hiring policies)"

Read enough, end of post. You live in freaking CANADA dude. The mother land of all things RIM. OF course there are people around you using the latest BB device. LOL good grief.

Down here in 'Merika, Android and iPhone rule the land. I live in a university town in Florida with a bussling youthful community and NOBODY has a Z10. Our local phone retailers don't even have them advertised. _This_ is the real world. Not Canada, birth place of the BlackBerry.
    Pretty sure that the "real world" is a foreign country to the likes of you. Anyway, what was the point of your post? I mean other than to insult our friends north of our border!
    ray689, SDTRMG and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 03:35 PM
    Down here in 'Merika, Android and iPhone rule the land. I live in a university town in Florida with a bussling youthful community and NOBODY has a Z10.
    Read enough, end of post. First off - there is no such thing as a bussling youthful community in Florida - Florida is full of 70+ year old retiree's.

And what happens in Florida is not indicative of what happens in the rest of the country. Thank god.
    ray689, shaleem, trynacu2 and 2 others like this.
    04-12-13 03:42 PM
    Of course, how silly of me. We all know that the world revolves around the USA. How could we lowly Canadians ever expect to compete? With the exception of our banking system, healthcare, natural resources and high literacy rate, we're practically a 3rd world country.

Posted via CB10
    how is gatorboi352 statement any different from your statement. Both statements are true. I guess Americans and Canadians are equal at being self absorbed
    04-12-13 03:57 PM
    I think both American and Canadian cellular carriers are all self absorbed. So is the media and governments around us... We all have a lot more in common then you may think.

Posted via CB10
    ray689, R Field and eddy_berry like this.
    04-12-13 04:18 PM
    I think both American and Canadian cellular carriers are all self absorbed. So is the media and governments around us... We all have a lot more in common then you may think.

Posted via CB10
    Shhhh I still live in an igloo and eat whale blubber for three meals a day.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG, shief24 and HedoBum like this.
    04-12-13 04:22 PM
    Read enough, end of post. First off - there is no such thing as a bussling youthful community in Florida - Florida is full of 70+ year old retiree's.

And what happens in Florida is not indicative of what happens in the rest of the country. Thank god.
    Provocative, yet completely false. Florida has roughly 19 million residents compared to around 33 million for all of Canada. The median age in Florida is around 38 compared to 40 in Canada. I've lived in Florida for almost all of my 40 years, so please don't judge Florida on what you see on the nightly news or some funny internet anecdotes.
    web99, m1a1mg and anon(5828343) like this.
    04-12-13 04:36 PM

Read enough, end of post. You live in freaking CANADA dude. The mother land of all things RIM. OF course there are people around you using the latest BB device. LOL good grief.

Down here in 'Merika, Android and iPhone rule the land. I live in a university town in Florida with a bussling youthful community and NOBODY has a Z10. Our local phone retailers don't even have them advertised. _This_ is the real world. Not Canada, birth place of the BlackBerry.
    Well since the "Real World" is 16 trillion dollars is debt I'm glad to be in canada.

Posted via CB10
    ray689, R Field, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    04-12-13 04:48 PM
    Well since the "Real World" is 16 trillion dollars is debt I'm glad to be in canada.

Posted via CB10
    Well played haha.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-12-13 04:50 PM
    I'm Canadian but some of my compatriots are idiots. Enough with the inferiority complex. I had one and got over it. The US is ten times the size of Canada. That means everything is multiplied by 10 folks. We are a tiny pebble on the planet. The USA matters to the success of the platform. Americans could care less about health care and hockey debates too. Geez. We should be proud but a reserved pride. We get mad that the universe revolves around the US but get over it. It does! It certainly doesn't revolve around us. In fact, we matter very little to the success of BlackBerry. Penetration in the US is crucial.

Posted via CB10
    Last time I checked the universe revolved around earth, but I guess we all live on the planet USA then.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:52 PM
    America is a large market, but it's no longer the absolute most important. India has more than 3x America's population and they have received the Blackberry fairly well. Plus, even if only 1% of India uses Blackberry, that's at least 10 million people

There are lots of cars that are released in every market except North America. It doesn't make them bad cars or poor-selling cars.

Would it be beneficial to grab market share in America? Definitely. But not being able to penetrate the US market is not a big deal if you play your cards right in other regions. That's partly why countries like the UK were chosen to get the Z10 first - not just because of carrier testing, but because those countries have higher percentages of smartphone users who like BB.
    04-12-13 04:54 PM
    As I've said to people who come in to my store. I've done at least 40 activations and upgrades with the Z10 and ive not had one come back.

Posted via CB10
    ray689, SDTRMG, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    04-12-13 04:57 PM
    As I've said to people who come in to my store. I've done at least 40 activations and upgrades with the Z10 and ive not had one come back.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for a post with actual facts to back your claims. These are always welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Savior4Life, SDTRMG and maddie1128 like this.
    04-12-13 04:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have a point, but dude you need to look at a flippin' map.
    04-12-13 05:28 PM
    I'm Canadian but some of my compatriots are idiots. Enough with the inferiority complex. I had one and got over it. The US is ten times the size of Canada.
    Posted via CB10
    Actually, as a Canuck, I have to apologize for this misinformation. We will make sure he is re-educated at our (semi) affordable Universities.

Canada has a land size in excess of the USA (3,794,101 sq mi for the USA, 3,854,085 sq mi for Canada) with a population 33 million, compared to the US 315 million. So yes, in population the US is 10 times the size, but not in land size. This poster meant to say that the US has 10 times the population of Canada. A rough comparison is Canada has the population of the greater Los Angeles area.
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-12-13 05:41 PM
    Getting back on topic . . . . .

BlackBerry to ask regulators to probe report on returns - Yahoo! Finance

Since 2007, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the industry body that oversees broker-dealers, has fined Detwiler over $250,000 and has cited it for several compliance violations over the past decade.

In December 2011, FINRA sanctioned Detwiler for failing to properly supervise its employees and for allowing its brokers to make more trades than necessary in clients' accounts to boost commissions during a period between 2006 and 2009.

In 2007, the firm, which was then called Detwiler Mitchell Fenton & Graves, settled administrative proceedings that the SEC brought against it for failing to supervise Bradford Bleidt, a former employee who had been simultaneously running a $30 million Ponzi scheme.
    04-12-13 06:24 PM

Shame about the spelling though.
    04-12-13 06:44 PM
115 1234 ...