Of course, how silly of me. We all know that the world revolves around the USA. How could we lowly Canadians ever expect to compete? With the exception of our banking system, healthcare, natural resources and high literacy rate, we're practically a 3rd world country.

Posted via CB10
    I've only seen one Z10 besides mine (also down here in Florida) and that is my partners.
    Also, I love Canada- and can't WAIT for the Canadian SnowBirds to head down here. I'm in the medical lab testing business and hundreds of Canadians bring their lab work requisitions to us because it's cheaper (even with the state-run plan) and they don't have to wait weeks- or months- to get their lab work done!
    But to veer back on topic, the T-Mobile next door to us doesn't have one marketing piece or sign re: the Z-10. Not encouraging.
    Last edited by garpt; 04-12-13 at 07:09 PM.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-12-13 06:58 PM
    Everyone around me has android.. So therefore it is the most popular.

Anecdotes... They work many ways but prove nothing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-13 07:00 PM
    "Moxie's (great Canadian chain with very good hiring policies)"

Read enough, end of post. You live in freaking CANADA dude. The mother land of all things RIM. OF course there are people around you using the latest BB device. LOL good grief.

Down here in 'Merika, Android and iPhone rule the land. I live in a university town in Florida with a bussling youthful community and NOBODY has a Z10. Our local phone retailers don't even have them advertised. _This_ is the real world. Not Canada, birth place of the BlackBerry.
    To all the people complaining about anti American comments, I present this guy. Educate him and you will do your cause a lot of good.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-12-13 07:11 PM
    To all the people complaining about anti American comments, I present this guy. Educate him and you will do your cause a lot of good.
    Posted via CB10
    Although certainly not the brightest bulb I've read on this site, and not a great ambassador for the US in general, I believe he was trying to limit his "real world" comments to smart phone penetration- Blackberry vs. Android and iOs. Blackberry has just over ONE THIRD of the market share in Canada. One out of every three phones. In the U.S., Android has almost HALF of all smart phones. IOS, about 32%, and BlackBerry the rest. Less than one in five in the US are likely to be carrying a Blackberry. In Canada, if you took three people at random, at least one would own a Blackberry (statistically)

(Figures are Early 2012. Android has probably grown market share since then.)
    04-12-13 08:07 PM
    Of course, how silly of me. We all know that the world revolves around the USA. How could we lowly Canadians ever expect to compete? With the exception of our banking system, healthcare, natural resources and high literacy rate, we're practically a 3rd world country.

Posted via CB10
    ether
    04-12-13 08:23 PM
    Good points @garpt. I'll be the first to admit that RIM/Blackberry really blew it for the past few years and deserves their place in the market today, but I am also filled with optimism in both the products they have produced and the new corporate attitude. RIM was my biggest client for several years and I saw the egotistical insanity that was their corporate culture, but I've also had a recent peek inside and have to say that Thor and the gang have done a great job rebuilding.

Don't worry too much about your fellow Floridian - I do know lots of great Americans (I actually work for an American company now) and I know that he is the exception to the rule.
    shaleem likes this.
    04-12-13 08:40 PM
    "Moxie's (great Canadian chain with very good hiring policies)"

Read enough, end of post. You live in freaking CANADA dude. The mother land of all things RIM. OF course there are people around you using the latest BB device. LOL good grief.

Down here in 'Merika, Android and iPhone rule the land. I live in a university town in Florida with a bussling youthful community and NOBODY has a Z10. Our local phone retailers don't even have them advertised. _This_ is the real world. Not Canada, birth place of the BlackBerry.
    Actually, contrary to popular belief in "Merika" the rest of us live in the real world too. Even right here in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-12-13 09:02 PM
    Eh?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-12-13 09:08 PM
    I guess the other 40 or so countries that the phone was released in don't matter?

Posted via CB10
    They do matter...but not as much as the US does.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    04-12-13 09:15 PM
    Actually, as a Canuck, I have to apologize for this misinformation. We will make sure he is re-educated at our (semi) affordable Universities.

Canada has a land size in excess of the USA (3,794,101 sq mi for the USA, 3,854,085 sq mi for Canada) with a population 33 million, compared to the US 315 million. So yes, in population the US is 10 times the size, but not in land size. This poster meant to say that the US has 10 times the population of Canada. A rough comparison is Canada has the population of the greater Los Angeles area.
    Are you joking. No one thought I was talking about land mass you maroon.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:18 PM
    Although certainly not the brightest bulb I've read on this site, and not a great ambassador for the US in general, I believe he was trying to limit his "real world" comments to smart phone penetration- Blackberry vs. Android and iOs. Blackberry has just over ONE THIRD of the market share in Canada. One out of every three phones. In the U.S., Android has almost HALF of all smart phones. IOS, about 32%, and BlackBerry the rest. Less than one in five in the US are likely to be carrying a Blackberry. In Canada, if you took three people at random, at least one would own a Blackberry (statistically)

(Figures are Early 2012. Android has probably grown market share since then.)
    Ya but people seem to forget the z10 which has been out now since the jan.30, and 2.5 weeks in the US, is blackberrys first real modern smartphone with the power of bb10 to take on iOS and android. Talking about market share now is pointless when everyone knows they had none. It will take time for the product to gain market share in any country, you can't release something brand new and expect to move 5 million the first few days or month, that's a rare occasion when releasing a untested product(or OS).
    04-12-13 09:29 PM
    Ya but people seem to forget the z10 which has been out now since the jan.30, and 2.5 weeks in the US, is blackberrys first real modern smartphone with the power of bb10 to take on iOS and android. Talking about market share now is pointless when everyone knows they had none. It will take time for the product to gain market share in any country, you can't release something brand new and expect to move 5 million the first few days or month, that's a rare occasion when releasing a untested product(or OS).
    "Gatorboi" was referring to the number of Blackberry's out NOW- not a year or two from now when he was talking about the disproportionate numbers of BB's he sees as opposed to Android/ Apple in the U.S. (Florida). So TODAY'S statistics are very relevant in the context of his comments. Who would have thought Android would be comfortably in first place (again, we are talking U.S.A.,) a couple of years ago?
    04-12-13 10:32 PM
    Are you joking. No one thought I was talking about land mass you maroon.

Posted via CB10
    Lol maroon made me chuckle.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-12-13 10:36 PM
    Lol maroon made me chuckle.

Lmao maroon.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-12-13 10:40 PM
    Lmao maroon.

Reminds me of the three stooges...

04-12-13 10:42 PM
    Lmao maroon.

It's MORON, you maroon.............
    04-12-13 10:49 PM
    Reminds me of the three stooges...

That was actually Bugs Bunny.

'Imbecile' was one of the Three Stooges' many claims to fame. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Spread out!
    kevinnugent and cwalt2166 like this.
    04-12-13 11:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure blackberry suffered the approximately the same loss of subs in Canada that it did in the USA... it's not like the blackberry was never popular in the US... but anyway, about 20 people in my circle of friends have bought the z10. Zero returns. Main complaint lack of banking apps... not one out of the 20ish returned the phone... that's gotta say something

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    04-12-13 11:24 PM
    That was actually Bugs Bunny.

'Imbecile' was one of the Three Stooges' many claims to fame. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Spread out!
    Dang it...I was close...(not really)
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-12-13 11:28 PM
    Dang it...I was close...(not really)
    SUPER close. You almost had it.

04-12-13 11:34 PM
    This is a quote from my sister, when she tried to buy the Z10 this week on Vancouver Island 4.12.13

Cori, Not yet! But when I went to buy one last Friday at North Island Communications, they didn't have one, he said he couldn't keep them on the shelf. He said 10 were on order for Wed. I went in Wed morning and they hadn't come in yet. I went back at 4:00 and I bought the 6th one sold that day; there was only 4 left! The guy I bought it from owned one and he loved it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 04-13-13 at 12:11 AM.
    04-12-13 11:54 PM
    Double post.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 04-13-13 at 12:09 AM.
    04-12-13 11:57 PM
    So @TimHorton (ironic that you chose a handle with the name of a Canadian who played for Americans), you're saying we should all keep quiet and mind our own business? How very Canadian of you. I will give credit to our American cousins - they understand patriotism and I do admire them for it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, Americans are too patriotic. That being said, Canadians aren't patriotic enough LOL. Maybe at the border it's a perfect combination? Damn, North America isn't perfect.. but I love our section of continent . And I'm glad the US has some nice beach vacation spots. Could use one right now, but only for 2 weeks :P. I happen to prefer Canada for the longer term.

/ off topic post (sorry)

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:00 AM
    I think a lawyer that can smell.a.good. Ase shoulder start a shareholders class action lawsuit
    04-13-13 12:01 AM
    Shhhh I still live in an igloo and eat whale blubber for three meals a day.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    You live in an igloo? Well my fellow Canadian, we definitely don't have something in common. You must live in the south. I live really up in the north where we cut open the whales and live in their blubber and hibernate in them with a seasonal supply of this blubber, similar to how Luke was put into that weird animal. During a blizzard in The Empire Strikes Back.

The US thinks Canadians live in igloos because they only get to see the southern Canadians. But the real ones like me are up at the top where no American ventures, where we live inside warm blubber animals for seasons at a time.
    We even use these whales to venture to their beaches, as mentioned in my post above . Now who said Canadians aren't green? Yeah that's what I thought..

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:08 AM
115 12345