Hi All, Bought my Blackberry Z10 in February, created an account to Blackberry Link, saved all the numbers to sim etc and thought everything was ok. But my phone developed a fault and had to be returned to Carphone Warehouse. Due to the nature of the fault, they have supplied me with a new phone. I have returned home with my new replacement Blackberry Z10 but cannot find any numbers on the Blackberry Link for my old phone. Approx 3 months ago I had to do a factory reset when all my numbers were backed up, and then transferred after the reset.

I really have no idea about Blackberry phones other than I own one! But I am exceptionally miffed as firstly it didn't save my numbers to sim as I requested (there was a lot of contacts which I have no way of replacing) and secondly, my numbers are nowhere to be seen on my old Blackberry Link at all. I have no idea how to even put any I information from my old phone onto my replacement one. In all of the phones I have owned in the past, I have never had any problems at all.

Can anyone help please as I am not just annoyed, but some numbers were personal, and I do not have access to.

Thanks or reading
    11-08-14 10:00 AM
    They should be synced with the email account that you had on the device? Other than that, you can restore them from the backup you created before sending the device for repair as it is clearly stated in ALL documentation that is required because at a minimum the techs will perform a secure wipe of the device.

And as a note, the BB does not store contacts to sim by default. Local or cloud based.
    11-08-14 10:04 AM
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

There was no backup immediately prior to handset being returned due to the fault it had. But knowing the information had been previously there I had hoped it would still be there from the previous backup.

Not sure about the syncing to the email account. had no idea that could/would happen
    11-08-14 10:22 AM
    Ooops, forgot to mention, must have been confused about the saving to sim with another phone.
    11-08-14 10:31 AM