I'm deleting over 300 contacts because the Z10 doubled all of them for some reason (that's a different issue). It's still deleting and it's been 15 minutes! How hard it is for a device to delete some tiny entries? My iphone would delete a couple hundred in a few seconds. Why should the Z10 take so long to process such a simple task?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:46 AM
    What service? Google? If so, they have a utility designed to dedup built into the Web interface that would be a lot more efficient.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-10-13 09:13 AM
    If you got your contacts synched to your gmail account, im guessing this is why you are getting duplicates in the contact list then all you need to do is to delete the carddav account when you go into settings, email accounts from the hub. Once you delete the carddav account then your contacts should disappear. So no need to delete them manually.
    04-10-13 09:19 AM
    I'm deleting over 300 contacts because the Z10 doubled all of them for some reason (that's a different issue). It's still deleting and it's been 15 minutes! How hard it is for a device to delete some tiny entries? My iphone would delete a couple hundred in a few seconds. Why should the Z10 take so long to process such a simple task?

Posted via CB10
    Mine did the same thing when I transfered, for some reason it put them on my sim card and in the contacts, select SIM contacts and you should find the ones you want to be deleted faster that way.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Definite bug, hopefully being fixed. I tried to delete hundreds of selected messages in one operation and the phone never completed the task (even after many hours). I ended up having to batch deletes in 25-50 message chunks. I can see a bit of extra time being taken when deleting from a cloud-synced service, but deleting from the local device or SIM should be nearly instantaneous.
    04-10-13 10:06 AM
    They are probably individual commands execute for each contact, and the phone doesn't throttle. Likely the Google api pushes back on the number of connections, causing the phone operation to hang. Better logic in the phone operation, aligning with the remote service limitations, would prevent it.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-10-13 12:19 PM