I downloaded Chrome (I think it was through Snap). It didn't work properly, so i delete it by deleting the icon.

However, when I go to "Device Monitor", under the "Memory" tab, I still see Chrome listed, and it is apparently using 39MB of memory. When I select Chrome in the Device Monitor, the options to delete or close are greyed out, but under details it says "This app has been deleted".

If the app has been deleted, why is it still using up memory, and how can I get rid of it completely?

When I use the BB10 App Manager (from the Chrome browser on my win7 machine), there is no entry for a "Chrome" app.
    01-31-14 08:18 AM
    I downloaded Chrome (I think it was through Snap). It didn't work properly, so i delete it by deleting the icon.

However, when I go to "Device Monitor", under the "Memory" tab, I still see Chrome listed, and it is apparently using 39MB of memory. When I select Chrome in the Device Monitor, the options to delete or close are greyed out, but under details it says "This app has been deleted".

If the app has been deleted, why is it still using up memory, and how can I get rid of it completely?

When I use the BB10 App Manager (from the Chrome browser on my win7 machine), there is no entry for a "Chrome" app.
    In that memory tab, select the app and then choose close at the bottom.
    See if that helps.
    01-31-14 08:41 AM
    In that memory tab, select the app and then choose close at the bottom.
    See if that helps.
    Thanks, but When I select Chrome in the Device Monitor, the options to delete or close are greyed out.
    01-31-14 08:42 AM
    Re-boot using the volume rockers (hold the +/- buttons down simultaneously until it reboots) and see if it's still there. Instead of going into Memory, go into the Storage tab and see if it's still there - if so, long press over it and delete completely.

I installed it and then deleted it and it was completely gone.
    FF22 and Icarus3000 like this.
    01-31-14 08:51 AM
    Re-boot using the volume rockers (hold the +/- buttons down simultaneously until it reboots) and see if it's still there. Instead of going into Memory, go into the Storage tab and see if it's still there - if so, long press over it and delete completely.

I installed it and then deleted it and it was completely gone.
    Re-booting with volume rockers did the trick. Thanks!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-31-14 11:10 AM
    Re-booting with volume rockers did the trick. Thanks!
    No problem!
    01-31-14 01:50 PM
    Keep in mind that many applications/PX programs require a reboot after some installation/uninstallation, as some of the coding for the program at hand may be inserted into other program solders like launch. Even when a reboot isn't mentioned, which will be more common with apps that are not native.
    01-31-14 02:01 PM