Hey Everyone,
    From reading multiple different tips and solutions, I was wondering if there was one definitive solution to syncing contacts from Hotmail/Outlook.com. Basically my situation is this, I have it set up as an exchange account. My emails and calendar sync perfectly fine, however as for contacts, they don't show up on the Z10 at all. I'm thinking maybe I have to wait a while before they populate, some people have mentioned to wait about 24 hours until it syncs, not sure if I have to wait a day because I initially thought it pushed everything when you set up the account for the first time. Also, I have read posts relating to the first time sync delay, they would be out and at some point they just found their contacts list populated. A few other tips I've heard was disable WiFi and use the carrier network, as well as the opposite.

So long story short, is there a way to get Hotmail/Outlook.com contacts Synced to the device via Exchange? I'm hoping that anyone who's had this problem before can share a solution as it seems a few of us are having the same issue.

Thanks in advance everyone
    04-25-13 08:49 AM
    From the device, when you 'add' an account, click Advanced and you should be able to add a CardDav, or something like that (iCal I think is the other option, but that is for Calendar). It will allow you to simply add an account that is JUST for Contacts.
    Try it; I think when it asks for server, you'd need to enter m.outlook.com
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    04-26-13 07:15 AM
    I fixed the issue! Should have posted last night but eh better late than never.

Basically what I did was delete the account. Turn on WiFi, add the account again but I only selected contacts to sync. Then I saw all my contacts were syncing. I went back and enabled email and calendar sync, those worked just fine as usual and I thought it would be a good idea to double check the contact syncing so I made changes and those changes synced to the device as well.

I think it might have synced anyways because it seems picky about the WiFi, a good strategy would be keeping it on during setup.

Although thanks for the help too

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:44 PM