I recently just finished talking to a blackberry representative and I notified him my issue about my Z10 re booting and he told me that is a hardware issue and he would recommend to swap it with brand new one. So for the Verizon people out there that has this issue i recommend to think about getting a brand new Z10 while you still have the warranty. I'm still thinking about it my self as of right now

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:02 PM
    I can report so far in with heavy use for almost a day, my Verizon Z10 has not rebooted once!
    04-11-13 02:19 PM
    I had the same response from BlackBerry. Exchange it.

I did.

Tim

Update: 2nd phone reboots as well. Not as often but does reboot. Another incident opened with BlackBerry and Verizon.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by trsbbs; 04-12-13 at 01:40 PM.
    04-11-13 02:33 PM
    I was planning on buying a new Z10 next week from Verizon. How do I know if it is not to be the units with the hardware issues. Would Verizon send their stock back for new if they discovered a issue? If I get one from stock I will be one of the issues? That would make me crazy just waiting for a reboot. What is the warranty from Verizon and Blackberry?
    04-11-13 02:58 PM
    I was planning on buying a new Z10 next week from Verizon. How do I know if it is not to be the units with the hardware issues. Would Verizon send their stock back for new if they discovered a issue? If I get one from stock I will be one of the issues? That would make me crazy just waiting for a reboot. What is the warranty from Verizon and Blackberry?
    1 year warranty from BlackBerry.
    14 days of "Love it or leave It" from Verizon.

Check your last reboot time under hardware in the About section. Active Frames will appear to have closed.

You will be able to tell.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 03:16 PM
    Fingers crossed, looks like I got a good one!
    04-11-13 10:13 PM
    I was one of the unfortunate ones to receive a defective device it completely froze on me while charging within the first 3 hours of activation hopefully the new device I'm receiving gives me better results fingers crossed
    04-11-13 10:52 PM
    It's only done it once to me so here's hoping I'm okay...that was a week ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:58 PM
    All phones that are made today have a small number of defective ones. If you read any forum you will see at launch people are always returning their phone thinking it's defective. Also carriers will swap a device out just to make a customer happy.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-12-13 08:22 AM
    My Verizon White Z10 has rebooted by itself 5 times since March 28 (two weeks), should I keep it or get a new one? Not to sure what to do. Going to give Verizon a call today and see what might be my best course of action. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-12-13 08:29 AM
    Replace it. I did. Hasn't rebooted since. Same apps, everything

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:32 AM
    I recently just finished talking to a blackberry representative and I notified him my issue about my Z10 re booting and he told me that is a hardware issue and he would recommend to swap it with brand new one. So for the Verizon people out there that has this issue i recommend to think about getting a brand new Z10 while you still have the warranty. I'm still thinking about it my self as of right now

Posted via CB10
    Some will tell you hardware and some software. It's clearly not the same for all. Many have corrected the issue with OS updates. Myself, I also had the reboot issue, 5 days now no reboot and no exchange.

I've spoke with 2 senior employees at Blackberry and BOTH told me it's software.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-12-13 08:35 AM
    Update on my post #10. Spoke with Verizon phone rep and she advised me to go to my local Verizon store and exchange for a new one FREE of charge (14 day window). They are NOT aware of this known issue.....yea right. On my way
    04-12-13 09:07 AM
    Mine has started rebooting daily for the last 3-4 days. I will be doing something on the phone, Twitter, BBM, etc and all of a sudden the screen will become un-responsive and a reboot will occur after a 30 second or so time frame.
    04-12-13 09:22 AM
    Update on my post #10. Spoke with Verizon phone rep and she advised me to go to my local Verizon store and exchange for a new one FREE of charge (14 day window). They are NOT aware of this known issue.....yea right. On my way
    Me too.
    04-12-13 09:36 AM
    Mine has started rebooting daily for the last 3-4 days. I will be doing something on the phone, Twitter, BBM, etc and all of a sudden the screen will become un-responsive and a reboot will occur after a 30 second or so time frame.
    I suggest going and get a NEW Z10, the transfer was very easy with Blackberrry ID. As a matter of fact, I suggest anyone with Verizon should get a NEW Z10, maybe this will send a message that we need a UPDATE.
    04-12-13 01:16 PM
    Touch wood...I got my Z10 on FIDO last Wednesday out of Box...can't remember what version the OS was at time of unboxing. During the initial setup, it prompted me to update to the most updated version 10.0.10.85...after a week's usage, unless I manually reboot the phone when applying a screen-protector, I don't seem to see any re-booting happening so far. The battery life is great too, more than 14 hours with medium use
    04-12-13 01:49 PM
    Maybe it's just the black ones that are rebooting? I have the white one and it has been solid so far.

I say the black one because those were probably the first ones in the production line.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:54 PM
    Maybe it's just the black ones that are rebooting? I have the white one and it has been solid so far.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, I have a white one and it has been rebooting once a day for at least 3 days.
    04-12-13 01:54 PM
    Nope, I have a white one and it has been rebooting once a day for at least 3 days.
    Oh ok.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:56 PM
    I have a black Z10 (Verizon )since the 28th and have not had a single reboot, but then I don't have many apps and I'm not on my phone 24/7 as many are. The only problem I have is a missed call notification that I can't get rid of.
    04-12-13 02:03 PM
    Verizon must have received the "Made in Mexico" Zee10's because this is an unusually high hardware failure rate. North of the border Blackberry is very popular and personally I know about 50 people with Zed10's and not a single problem with any of them. Reading the forums since launch I'd estimate a 1-3% return rate due to hardware problems which is well within spec of any electronic device. Although please don't quote me on that number, it's a guess. I just know that it's been very rare in my bubble.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:10 PM
    Verizon must have received the "Made in Mexico" Zee10's because this is an unusually high hardware failure rate. North of the border Blackberry is very popular and personally I know about 50 people with Zed10's and not a single problem with any of them. Reading the forums since launch I'd estimate a 1-3% return rate due to hardware problems which is well within spec of any electronic device. Although please don't quote me on that number, it's a guess. I just know that it's been very rare in my bubble.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Actually, all VZW Z10's are made in Canada.
    04-12-13 02:13 PM
    Actually, all VZW Z10's are made in Canada.
    Correct, that's where mine was made.
    04-12-13 02:15 PM
    I've been wondering (thinking), maybe its not the Z10 itself, maybe the reason for reboot issues is due to bad powerplants (batteries). Just a therory......hummmm, I don't recall having reboot issues with my second battery.
    04-12-13 02:26 PM
54 123