Reading posts all day on different forums and looks like it's come down to the OS that Verizon released. There's something they installed within it to cause these reboots. All carriers have their own Personalized OS and it looks like Verizon screwed the goat when it came to their testing. Hope they fix it for you guys quick

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:51 PM
    Verizon must have received the "Made in Mexico" Zee10's because this is an unusually high hardware failure rate. North of the border Blackberry is very popular and personally I know about 50 people with Zed10's and not a single problem with any of them. Reading the forums since launch I'd estimate a 1-3% return rate due to hardware problems which is well within spec of any electronic device. Although please don't quote me on that number, it's a guess. I just know that it's been very rare in my bubble.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    How do you know this is all hardware related?? I've read many ppl say they have corrected their issue with a OS reload, or by removing certain apps.
    My reboot issue started with the last OS update like many others.
    We wouldn't want to spread false information and say it's all hardware related.
    Also, I've been told by 2 seniors at BBRY that it's software related and they are working on getting fix.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-12-13 03:10 PM
    I corrected myself above ^..

Whatever the issue is, I hope the source is found though.

Posted via CB10
    trsbbs likes this.
    04-12-13 04:22 PM
    I corrected myself above ^..

Whatever the issue is, I hope the source is found though.

Posted via CB10

I was getting quite a few reboots a day. After turning off Media Card encryption I am on day 5 with NO reboots. Encryption is off by default, the first time I turned it on for the Media Card my Z10 rebooted instantly, I had a Class 4 card, I've read the Z10 requires Class 10.

Bdot-1 likes this.
    04-12-13 05:54 PM
    How many of these people that have devices that restart also have xbox360? If it's the device relax take it back and get a new one. Microsoft released the xbox360 knowing that they had a failed 25cent part and still released the product to millions of people it was so bad they almost had a 50% failure rate. BlackBerry has created a whole new world OS and devices so they are bound to have a few hick ups here and there so be patient and stop bashing.. Love the new BlackBerry its here to stay.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:16 PM
    How many of these people that have devices that restart also have xbox360? If it's the device relax take it back and get a new one. Microsoft released the xbox360 knowing that they had a failed 25cent part and still released the product to millions of people it was so bad they almost had a 50% failure rate. BlackBerry has created a whole new world OS and devices so they are bound to have a few hick ups here and there so be patient and stop bashing.. Love the new BlackBerry its here to stay.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, no got and on my 2nd rebooting Verizon Z10.

Tim
    04-12-13 07:41 PM
    I was getting quite a few reboots a day. After turning off Media Card encryption I am on day 5 with NO reboots. Encryption is off by default, the first time I turned it on for the Media Card my Z10 rebooted instantly, I had a Class 4 card, I've read the Z10 requires Class 10.

Encryption never on here and on 2nd Z10 that reboots. Not as bad, but it still does it.

Tim
    04-12-13 07:42 PM
    It's software not hardware is apps ported many have issue and it's certain OS'ES right now.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-12-13 07:57 PM
    Rebooting is not cool especially when they don't know what's causing it...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:02 PM
    Too bad to hear you guys are having these issues. No issues with the Z10 on Rogers. Hopefully they get it sorted out soon!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:03 PM
    Mine has a rebooted a few times, but not on it's own. Only when I place the phone on a table/desk. Something is triggering it to boot. I'll be sending it in under warranty repair and will be receiving a free z10 loner phone. Also, I'm not paying for shipping the package as it's prepaid. All in all no sweat off my back.
    04-12-13 08:04 PM
    Mine has a rebooted a few times, but not on it's own. Only when I place the phone on a table/desk. Something is triggering it to boot. I'll be sending it in under warranty repair and will be receiving a free z10 loner phone. Also, I'm not paying for shipping the package as it's prepaid. All in all no sweat off my back.
    How are you doing this??

I bought mine unlocked.. no carriers

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:06 PM
    Rebooting is not cool especially when they don't know what's causing it...

Posted via CB10
    Its a OS bug with certain ported apps, not hardware related, they are aware of this.
    04-12-13 09:15 PM
    Its a OS bug with certain ported apps, not hardware related, they are aware of this.
    Not true in every case. Mine rebooted out the box. And multiple times a day since then, even when in wasn't touching it. I exchanged it today.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:33 PM
    Certain ported apps? Which ones?

Posted via Zeppelin
    04-12-13 09:38 PM
    I do not run one single ported app. This is close to what the Verison and BB tech support said today.
    They indicated it was an OS issue. Now this could be a bug in the OS or an issue on how the OS is handling apps with problems.

As you can tell, they are not getting their story straight and that concerns me.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 04-15-13 at 10:57 AM.
    04-12-13 09:47 PM
    How are you doing this??

I bought mine unlocked.. no carriers

Posted via CB10
    I'm doing this through my carrier. I don't know if buying an unlocked device carries the same warranty.
    04-12-13 10:14 PM
    I'm doing this through my carrier. I don't know if buying an unlocked device carries the same warranty.
    It's my understanding that all Z10's come with a one year warranty from BlackBerry. I could be wrong, but that's what I understand from things I've heard and read.

Posted via Zeppelin
    04-13-13 06:04 AM
    It's my understanding that all Z10's come with a one year warranty from BlackBerry. I could be wrong, but that's what I understand from things I've heard and read.

Posted via Zeppelin
    Called ATT,and explained the situation, they connected me with blackberry and blackberry said " You have to request a return from your provider" it's not att phone though... so my last resort was going through insurance... I reported it lost, will pay the deductible and get a new one tmrw.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-15-13 08:00 AM
    So, if we are having ANY reboots at all the advice is to return the unit?
    04-15-13 08:12 AM
    I dropped my phone and it sustained a very very small dent, but it bothers me nonetheless. Can I just tell them that my phone is having a a restart issue and will they give me a new phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:52 AM
    That's not the advice. Many have corrected the reboot issue, like myself. It depends in your situation and if you have tried what others have suggested to fix the problem.
    Some claim they switched their phone for a new one and no longer have the issue, others got a new z10 and still have the issue. Myself, my reboot issue was related to the type of SD card i was using.

04-15-13 08:55 AM
    I dropped my phone and it sustained a very very small dent, but it bothers me nonetheless. Can I just tell them that my phone is having a a restart issue and will they give me a new phone?

Posted via CB10
    You might get away with that but why cheat the system if there is nothing wrong with your phone other than damage you did yourself? You may end up with a defective one.
    04-15-13 09:13 AM
    Well, some updates fixed that issue for "some users". My phone keeps on rebooting since day 3. before and after updates (No difference) so I figured out that the safe decision would be get a new one from att under insurance and compare the 2 devices.
    04-15-13 10:48 AM
    I do not run one single ported app. This is close to what the Verison and BB tech support said today.
    They indicated it was an OS issue. Now this could be a bug in the OS or an issue on how the OS is handling apps with problems.

As you can tell, they are not getting their story straight and that concerns me.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 10:57 AM
54 123